How have the "woo-woo" reports affected your opinion?

PNWexplorer

2 hours ago, 7.62 said:

CT

there's a lot of forest once you drive north to NH and Maine but reports are few . I always said if they are going to live on the east coast Maine is the place they would be . Very little population  in the north woods up there and rough country to travel though once you leave the logging roads 

Isn't the North Woods of Maine mostly private land inaccessible to the public?

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Can't they all be intertwined though ?...........

Not if none of it exists according to the tenets if Science. But within the imagination? Sure!

........If we are to take the reports at face value .  If everyone is just mistaken or lying then this is a pretty big industry built off a lie

Looks to me like much of everything in modern life is built on lies.

9 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Has anyone actually seen one posting in this thread ? Not a maybe but a good clear look where there was no doubt it was a up right creature on two legs with arms and hands .

I didn't see a sasquatch posting, but I think I saw an alien in the mirror posting on this thread........

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Isn't the North Woods of Maine mostly private land inaccessible to the public?

A combination of private  state but its all open to the public . 

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

Looks to me like much of everything in modern life is built on lies.

That isn't really the issue because people will believe whatever they want to believe. What makes a lie more serious, though, is when lots an lots of money gets generated as a result of allowing the lie to continue. Revenue is being generated in the real world if Sasquatch is believed to be real. But far, far more revenue is generated in the real world if the belief is that the Sasquatch is NOT real.. And since both sides of the issue cannot be true at the same time, then the lie, whichever side of the coin the lie stems from, allows revenue to be made from both belief in existence and non-belief in existence. So, IMO, it's simple: One side of the coin is true and the other side isn't. And what's ridiculous about it all is that the lie that the Sasquatch exits, or the lie that it doesn't, should have been settled a long time ago. And the fact that it hasn't been is a serious matter....that no one seems to take seriously. 

Edited by hiflier
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, hiflier said:

That isn't really the issue because people will believe whatever they want to believe. What makes a lie more serious, though, is when lots an lots of money gets generated as a result of allowing the lie to continue. Revenue is being generated in the real world if Sasquatch is believed to be real. But far, far more revenue is generated in the real world if the belief is that the Sasquatch is NOT real.. And since both sides of the issue cannot be true at the same time, then the lie, whichever side of the coin the lie stems from, allows revenue to be made from both belief in existence and non-belief in existence. So, IMO, it's simple: One side of the coin is true and the other side isn't. And what's ridiculous about it all is that the lie that the Sasquatch exits, or the lie that it doesn't, should have been settled a long time ago. And the fact that it hasn't been is a serious matter....that no one seems to take seriously. 

It's a billion dollar industry 

40 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

It's a billion dollar industry 

Indeed it is. But is it built on a lie? And if so, would anyone want to know it is? And the resource/recreational industry is a coupla thousand times that. But if the Sasquatch exists then USFW should be protecting it, its habitat, and insuring its survival, like it does with most everything else, but they're saying that they are not. So, bottom line here is, one way or another, someone is perpetrating a huge lie. I find the situation fascinating. But I also want the truth of the matter. I may not be the only one who would like to have the truth, but I also may be the only one who is doing what I'm doing in the manner that I'm doing it. I'm only saying this because I think it's better for me if people know about it.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, georgerm said:

I have been following him since his Sasquatch enounter at the Oregon Caves.  Later he discovers a Sasquatch portal outside Grants Pass, Oregon. 

MIB what else do you know? Putting him in questionable light would be counter productive in my ordinary opinion. There is lots of woo associated with him, and I try not to judge but to listen to someone's observations and experience. We all want to know what's up with bigfoot.

You won't find anything "up with bigfoot" from Dr J.    He doesn't know anything of substance, only believes things from delusion.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, georgerm said:

We all want to know what's up with bigfoot.

And I do think that what you say is true, georgerm. The PGF was 1967. This is 2023. I think about that a lot.

Edited by hiflier

58 minutes ago, hiflier said:

…….But if the Sasquatch exists then USFW should be protecting it, its habitat, and insuring its survival, like it does with most everything else……….

But if sasquatches are of the genus homo, and are thus “fully human”, this entire issue is out of the realm of the USFW. But, then, whose management authority does it fall under? Who, then, begins negotiations with these aboriginal peoples? How would that be done, since we have no common language? 

We’d be back to 1492, wouldn’t we?

• Upvote 1

On 9/15/2023 at 6:42 PM, xspider1 said:

Fascinating!  

“Researchers found that dog eyes contain cryptochrome 1, a light-sensitive molecule that reacts to the magnetic field when simultaneously stimulated by light.”

So, just perhaps, Sasquatch have also developed the ability to detect magnetic and electric fields!  And (getting Woo-Woo-ish for a sec.), maybe they even have the ability to counter act with a field that blocks electro-magnetism so that blurry pictures abound!?  I would not put that past the realm of possibility.

I like the way you are thinking.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

Nope.  Kelly humps are lateral dirt berms used to control erosion.

These are pits randomly dug in the road 3' across and 3' deep.  About a 30' section of road affected.  Then a large dead tree placed across the road.  No gate.  But no way you are going to get an ATV, dirt bike, or Jeep through there.

We call those Kelly humps. Some of ours are 8 feet deep. They do it all the time up north on our national forest. Jerks!

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

But if sasquatches are of the genus homo, and are thus “fully human”, this entire issue is out of the realm of the USFW. But, then, whose management authority does it fall under? Who, then, begins negotiations with these aboriginal peoples? How would that be done, since we have no common language? 

If that is the case then the government already has such agency. The Bureau of Indian Affairs.

https://www.bia.gov

11 minutes ago, norseman said:

If that is the case then the government already has such agency. The Bureau of Indian Affairs.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Guys, A little more work at getting RID of those "if's" would be welcome, and much better for everyone all around- including yourselves.

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, norseman said:

Yup. So all we need is a settlement treaty with these "people". Easy, peasy, right?

40 minutes ago, hiflier said:

.......A little more work at getting RID of those "if's" would be welcome........

Agreed. So how do we get the appropriate authorities to get to work?

To some folks there are no if’s, and’s or but’s about anything.  If I was both omniscient and clairvoyant at the same time then, I’d probably criticize everybody else too.  :biggrin:

• Haha 1