How have the "woo-woo" reports affected your opinion?

PNWexplorer

On 9/13/2023 at 6:07 PM, Huntster said:

Eric Weinstein says that if we continue to worship at the altar of Einstein’s Theory of Relativity, we won’t advance to the next major breakthrough. It’s not that the ToR is incorrect. It’s incomplete.

We aren’t living in a simulation. Many realities are repeatable and measurable. The sasquatch phenomenon is simply incomplete. And as long as academia and government discourage discovery, it will remain that way, and bizarre claims will continue.

That's an interesting way to put it, and makes a lot of sense. I should argue with you just because this is the Internet, but instead I'll agree. Our information is incomplete.

But I'll stand by my opinion. There's more chance of us being in a simulation than the chance most things lumped under "woo" are real phenomena. 

I think there's a higher chance the whole thing is literal physical manifestation of genetic memory than the woo is real. But that's just one random dude's opinion.

1 hour ago, Doodler said:

.........There's more chance of us being in a simulation than the chance most things lumped under "woo" are real phenomena..........

Can you elaborate on the term "being in a simulation"? Isn't that in itself "woo"?

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Can you elaborate on the term "being in a simulation"? Isn't that in itself "woo"?

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Hunster can you explain the video in three sentences? Seem out there"

On another topic. Do you see lots of bigfoot animal and woo evidence on your ranch? What about bigfoot cloaking? 

How much for a game animal hunt?

^^^^^ Well, that was pretty useless. The term "Computer Code" is itself code for..........what?. Computers use a binary switching system. There is "on" or "off". Period. Then you have programming languages (which, I suppose, the above experts are calling "codes"). 

How does that apply to "simulation"?

Just to make sure we're speaking the same language here:

"Simulation":

a sham object : COUNTERFEIT

the imitative representation of the functioning of one system or process by means of the functioning of another

a computer simulation of an industrial process

an examination of a problem often not subject to direct experimentation by means of a simulating device

3 minutes ago, georgerm said:

On another topic. Do you see lots of bigfoot animal and woo evidence on your ranch? What about bigfoot cloaking? 

Nope. You're going to have to ask norseman those questions. He posted it.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

^^^^^ Well, that was pretty useless. The term "Computer Code" is itself code for..........what?. Computers use a binary switching system. There is "on" or "off". Period. Then you have programming languages (which, I suppose, the above experts are calling "codes"). 

How does that apply to "simulation"?

Just to make sure we're speaking the same language here:

"Simulation":

Nope. You're going to have to ask norseman those questions. He posted it.

I am not defending it. But. I am aware that there is a theory in physics that proposes we are living in a simulation. Dr. Gates is one of the ones who popularized it. Explaining it like living in the “Matrix”.

1 hour ago, georgerm said:

I’ve never seen a Bigfoot. And I’ve never seen woo. If I saw a cloaked Bigfoot? How would I know I saw it?🤔

I don’t sell hunts….sorry.

While I believe there might be supernatural and paranormal things in this world, I don't believe it applies to bigfoot. The belief of the supernatural bigfoot associating with aliens or tree portals or anything else that many have now hasn't affected my belief that it's an animal of flesh and blood living in the forest. In over 40 years of hunting, I've had deer and other large animals disappear on me inexplicably only to show up a short distance away. There was nothing supernatural about it, it's just that light, shade, and shadow, along with how the human eye works, made it possible for the deer to move without me noticing somehow.

Edited by Rooster-T
grammar
  • Upvote 2

On 10/6/2023 at 12:55 PM, Huntster said:

The ironic part, literally the only test to prove we are, or aren't, in one, is if we can build a simulation where the people inside it becomes sentient. If we can't, then the odds of being in one ourselves is nearly 100%. The time is coming soon where quantum computers will be able to used to achieve one, or should be able to, but can't. Every advance in technology without one just increases the odds. I'll tell you what, if it can't, if computers just get faster and faster with no sentience? Then we don't exist, except in a simulation.

What's this have to do with anything? If we are in a simulation, then physics isn't set in stone, all those things we consider woo, ghosts, telekinesis, mind reading, remote viewing, psychic powers, the afterlife, even bigfoots themselves, all are simply bugs in the simulation, or hacks. 

In my mind? This basically translates to "Woo isn't real because we can't produce it on demand. If we could, then simulation".  and I don't want to be a simulation unless I can hack it, and enbiggen certain body parts at least, maybe rig a treasure discovery.

But, physical animal, just another ape, born of she ape, lives, dies, rots, becomes soil, doesn't require all the angst. It's the most simple answer, logical answer. It should be able to be reproduced, just put one in a zoo, but can't yet

On 10/2/2023 at 8:27 AM, RedHawk454 said:

no, not the individual encounters on the show

BUT

you do know Germer fabricated his own encounter in 2012, right?

he claimed he and his brother had a BiGFo0T crawl up to the back of his truck in 2012 and they were able to see it because bright moonlight on a cloudless night. They were in the mountains in Washington mourning the passing of a family member (i think their dad, i dont remember).

Another bigfoot group wanted more info, and the date the brothers provided didnt match the weather records.  The date they provided was actually a pretty overcast night.  That caused a lot of suspicion.  

the belief is that he fabricated his own encounters to start sasquatch chronicles.  

Also, the show is soooooo pre planned. 

Thanks for the background info.  I didn't know about the controversy surrounding his sighting.  

I went to do some research and realize that I had him confused with Brian King-Sharp of Sasquatch Odyssey.  Duh.  

1 hour ago, Doodler said:

........But, physical animal, just another ape, born of she ape, lives, dies, rots, becomes soil, doesn't require all the angst. It's the most simple answer, logical answer. It should be able to be reproduced, just put one in a zoo, but can't yet.

You lost me until you wrote that.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not in a simulation.

12 minutes ago, Huntster said:

You lost me until you wrote that.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not in a simulation.

I have no idea. AI right now can produce images that I cannot tell real from fake. Video games are getting to the point you cannot tell real from fake.

What could a civilization 1 million years more advanced do? It’s probably way beyond our comprehension.

It doesn’t change how the average Joe lives his life. And it doesn’t change my approach to cryptids either. This is something for physicists to debate.

IMG_1326.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doodler said:

The ironic part, literally the only test to prove we are, or aren't, in one, is if we can build a simulation where the people inside it becomes sentient. If we can't, then the odds of being in one ourselves is nearly 100%.

That is counter-intuitive.  If a simulation can be coded one day so that the 'people' inside it are sentient then that would indicate the possibility that we are in a simulation.   In my opinion, that will never happen because computers will never have feelings.  They are machines that process ones and zeros.  Computers do not care, computers do not have emotions and computers do not endeavor to do anything that we do not instruct.  There is a growing mistrust and misunderstanding of "Artificial Intelligence', but having worked in the computer technology field for the last 35 years, it is my opinion that they are and always will be machines that can only do exactly what we instruct them to do, with and without the glitches that humans and humans alone are the cause of.

I am not in a 'simulation'.

The 'simulation' word salad smells old.

Years ago, a poster submitted a comment that Sasquatch were like " monsters from the id" as in the 1956 movie 'Forbidden Planet'. Forbidden Planet is a classic with faster than light speed spacecraft and Leslie Nielsen in his second movie.

The monster from the id did a lot of damage even though it was created mentally. Many believe that the movie was an adaption of William Shakespeare's  'The Tempest'.

Leslie Nielsen was quite a comic. His headstone reads "Let 'er rip".

If you think that you are in simulation, buy a 3/4 length Matrix coat, the shades, dodge Agent Smith and let er rip.

Too many people have forgotten about AI:

Colossus: The Forbin Project working with the Russian's Guardian

HAL 9000 series

Red Queen

AI works with streaming ones and zeros. Beware.

Edited by Catmandoo
text
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, norseman said:

........AI right now can produce images that I cannot tell real from fake. Video games are getting to the point you cannot tell real from fake........

The images are simulations. You, your eyes, and your brain are not. You are flesh and blood. Your understanding or beliefs might be deceived by simulations, but that photo........and other simulations.........are fraudulent.

........What could a civilization 1 million years more advanced do?.........

Destroy itself later than we can? Do you have any evidence that a civilization can live that long?

........It doesn’t change how the average Joe lives his life.........

Yup. Flesh and blood tends to focus on the biological facts of life. Lose that focus, and you tend to die biologically.

........This is something for physicists to debate.

Or philosophers. Or clergy. Or, I suppose, people desperate to catch a creature that stymies them biologically...........

As long as the laws of science and nature are relatively consistent, does it really matter if we are or aren't in a simulation? Either way, it's our lives and our world to live in and we have to live in it. Like someone else said, the average Joe still has to live his life, simulation or not. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1