How have the "woo-woo" reports affected your opinion?

PNWexplorer

On 9/26/2023 at 7:50 PM, RedHawk454 said:

sasquatch chronicles is for entertainment.  wes germer is a *********** 

So, you are saying that the hundreds of eyewitness reports on his podcast, as well as guest interviews of Cliff Barackman, Dr. Jeff Meldrum, Peter Byrne, and Bob Gimlin are all nothing but "entertainment" and completely worthless because the host is a ********?

I think you owe the community an explanation lest you be dismissed as a crazy person...

8 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

So, you are saying that the hundreds of eyewitness reports on his podcast, as well as guest interviews of Cliff Barackman, Dr. Jeff Meldrum, Peter Byrne, and Bob Gimlin are all nothing but "entertainment" and completely worthless because the host is a ********?

I think you owe the community an explanation lest you be dismissed as a crazy person...

I forget who said it, but it’s something that I keep in mind when reading reports, listening to podcasts and etc. If even one person is telling the truth, then it’s the truth. If even one person is telling the truth about it then we have our answer. But it’s whether or not we believe them. So I think the fact that there are so many episodes with multiple people speaking in certain episodes, I feel like it could be worth giving at least a listen. 

But I will agree on the Sasquatch chronicles point. While it’s one of my favorites I find Wes very hard to listen to and trust. No matter what outlandish or crazy claim the speaker says Wes returns with a “Oh I actually talked to an eyewitness who also said they saw that exact thing” but never says when or more info about the other witness. Leading me to think he’s dishonest about the information he has.

Also the online super sleuths say that his personal encounter is fabricated since he claims it was a full moon when at the time he says it was, it wasn’t a full moon. When that was found out he hasn’t really talked about his encounter since. 

Again I enjoy the podcast and like listening to the people give their encounters with the hopes that even just one is telling the truth. But I can imagine keeping up with that schedule of releasing a podcast weekly with new encounters is difficult. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

I believe it perfectly reasonable for the host to be a joke or purely entertainment, while still having quality guests.   The BF field is somewhat limited in “experts”,  I use that word in an extremely loose sense of the word.     

I’d be apt to say that not liking, or thinking the show entertainment is hardly a qualifier to be thought crazy.  It’s more crazy to hold such a strong opinion in regards to an entertainer/presenter.   Take all BF information with a grain of salt until something official comes from science.   Just one hillbilly Michiganders opinion though 🤷🏻🤷🏻

Edited by Twist

Well, this thread has been an interesting 18 pages to read tonight...

In my opinion ( like butt holes and arm pits, we all got em) we're dealing with multiple phenomena occuring in the same location. In the forest and away from humanity, until there's a witness that observes subject A or B and sometimes A & B simultaneously. I view Sasquatch as f&b based off my own sighting and findings as well as the extensive database of trace evidence. I think that people are possibly seeing why they interprete as Sasquatch with many of these woo reports. If you read the reports and draw out the creature they saw holding an orb, boarding a craft, teleport/cloaking they don't match up with traditional reports. Mass is different, hair coverage is different, appendage length is different, and then you have the bizarre abilities. 

We've detected heightened levels of radiation, areas of organic matter that suffered radiation burns etc in some of these areas we've gathered reports from that contained more fantastic details. Are these anomalies related as many in the community believe or is it a case of multiple phenomena taking place where we spend the least amount of time? Like I said starting out , I'm camp F&B, but I can't reject data that's been collected and peer reviewed by literal  professionals in their fields. Just adds another layer of the puzzle but it also means we can multi-task in the field when we're getting skunked. Just shift gears and look up with the therm lol. (Que the x files theme) 

• Upvote 1

On 10/1/2023 at 4:37 AM, PNWexplorer said:

no, not the individual encounters on the show

BUT

you do know Germer fabricated his own encounter in 2012, right?

he claimed he and his brother had a BiGFo0T crawl up to the back of his truck in 2012 and they were able to see it because bright moonlight on a cloudless night. They were in the mountains in Washington mourning the passing of a family member (i think their dad, i dont remember).

Another bigfoot group wanted more info, and the date the brothers provided didnt match the weather records.  The date they provided was actually a pretty overcast night.  That caused a lot of suspicion.  

the belief is that he fabricated his own encounters to start sasquatch chronicles.  

Also, the show is soooooo pre planned. 

Edited by RedHawk454

20 hours ago, Djfio said:

I forget who said it, but it’s something that I keep in mind when reading reports, listening to podcasts and etc. If even one person is telling the truth, then it’s the truth. If even one person is telling the truth about it then we have our answer. But it’s whether or not we believe them. So I think the fact that there are so many episodes with multiple people speaking in certain episodes, I feel like it could be worth giving at least a listen. 

But I will agree on the Sasquatch chronicles point. While it’s one of my favorites I find Wes very hard to listen to and trust. No matter what outlandish or crazy claim the speaker says Wes returns with a “Oh I actually talked to an eyewitness who also said they saw that exact thing” but never says when or more info about the other witness. Leading me to think he’s dishonest about the information he has.

Also the online super sleuths say that his personal encounter is fabricated since he claims it was a full moon when at the time he says it was, it wasn’t a full moon. When that was found out he hasn’t really talked about his encounter since. 

Again I enjoy the podcast and like listening to the people give their encounters with the hopes that even just one is telling the truth. But I can imagine keeping up with that schedule of releasing a podcast weekly with new encounters is difficult. 

ah, beat me to it.

The sightings and encounters can be very interesting but after 10 episodes or so they all tend to mesh into the same thing.  

it also doesnt help that half of the people on the show are mush mouths and can't annunciate and communicate well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

In my opinion ( like butt holes and arm pits, we all got em) we're dealing with multiple phenomena occuring in the same location.

I think this is pretty reasonable.    And if we're looking at phenomena from multiple sources which we've incorrectly attributed to a single source, then it is likely that a single source with the necessary characteristics to produce all of the details does not exist.   In other words, we're looking for something that does not exist while more or less ignoring two or more things that do exist.    Sometimes it is just as important NOT to connect the dots because they don't really belong together.

MIB

• Upvote 3

I have seen an orb, haven’t seen a Bigfoot.  If I ever see both at the same time, I think my mind will automatically try to connect the two.  I guess that’s human nature?

At this point, it’s seems likely to me that they must be something beyond just extraordinary flesh and blood.  Much like UAP’s, to accept that Sasquatch are here having defied Scientific classification to this day, almost 100% ensures some type(s) of woo, in my opinion.

Also I’d like to say thank you for this topic @PNWexplorer. This has invited some great discussion about a topic that I think is pretty divisive in the community around Bigfoot. 

I’d love to put my two cents in on it. I personally am in the flesh and blood camp. From what I’ve heard from the Woo side seems to be an eagerness to explain any seemingly “unexplainable” aspect with supernatural or paranormal explanations. 

I’ve heard things like Sasquatch can drain camera batteries. Which to me sounds like someone forgot to charge them and doesn’t want to look like a fool. I’ve heard about portals and orbs and UAP’s dropping them off. I heard a researcher say when they take out believers on their expeditions that every bump in the night, every snapped twig and every shadow is a Bigfoot. I think when there is a willingness or a want to see the Woo, you attribute things to it or misidentify them. Now people outside the community may say that’s the pot calling the kettle black. But I feel like the Occam’s razor approach of reducing assumptions will benefit us in the long run of research.

But this all isn’t to say that anyone is wrong, should be second guessed and not trusted. And if the Woo is true then I think we’d have an even more fantastic and interesting discovery than a relict hominoid living around the world 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Djfio said:

I’ve heard things like Sasquatch can drain camera batteries. Which to me sounds like someone forgot to charge them and doesn’t want to look like a fool.

Or they're not rechargable, they're Kirkland brand from Costco and are well known for a high percentage of failures.    Buy junk, get junk results.

2 hours ago, Djfio said:

Also I’d like to say thank you for this topic @PNWexplorer. This has invited some great discussion about a topic that I think is pretty divisive in the community around Bigfoot. 

I’d love to put my two cents in on it. I personally am in the flesh and blood camp. From what I’ve heard from the Woo side seems to be an eagerness to explain any seemingly “unexplainable” aspect with supernatural or paranormal explanations. 

I’ve heard things like Sasquatch can drain camera batteries. Which to me sounds like someone forgot to charge them and doesn’t want to look like a fool. I’ve heard about portals and orbs and UAP’s dropping them off. I heard a researcher say when they take out believers on their expeditions that every bump in the night, every snapped twig and every shadow is a Bigfoot. I think when there is a willingness or a want to see the Woo, you attribute things to it or misidentify them. Now people outside the community may say that’s the pot calling the kettle black. But I feel like the Occam’s razor approach of reducing assumptions will benefit us in the long run of research.

But this all isn’t to say that anyone is wrong, should be second guessed and not trusted. And if the Woo is true then I think we’d have an even more fantastic and interesting discovery than a relict hominoid living around the world 

The observations you've made aren't confined to bigfoot investigation. It's human nature, and it's common in most other activities conducted by enthusiasts of most any field.

• Upvote 2

Yep!  And, there should be an eagerness to explain the unexplained.  'Supernatural' and 'Paranormal' are exactly the right words for anything that apparently does exist, yet main-stream Science cannot, or will not explain it.  There are UAP's in our skies and Sasquatch in our forests, what they are, I do not know.  So, yes, it is 'Woo', there's really no other non-explanation that makes sense.  lol 

7 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

The observations you've made aren't confined to bigfoot investigation. It's human nature, and it's common in most other activities conducted by enthusiasts of most any field.

Well said. The 'enthusiasts' operate in many arenas. UFO /UAP and Sasquatch reports go back thousands of years. The previous century opened the flood gates for both categories.

For the UFO/UAP crowd, June 24, 1947 Ken Arnold flying saucer incident got the ball rolling. There was a story that claimed to have happened days before Arnold's observations on June 21, 1947. "The Maury Island incident. The Maury Island incident was investigated by the Air Force and FBI with the conclusion that it was a really bad hoax. The Maury Island incident is famous for being the first reference to 'Men in Black'.  The hoaxers reported that they were threatened by 'Men in Black'.  After Ken Arnold's report, over 800 similar sightings were reported throughout 1947.  The enthusiasts were working overtime.  Television did not start in the Seattle area until 1948. The dominant media radio, and newsprint were the vehicles to transmit sightings.

1967 was the year of Patty.  Fast forward ( film, magnetic tape, chip pun intended ) to now and we have had so many hoaxes / hoaxers who create teleplays for social media. Visual and auditory. Failure marketing is huge. It is difficult to sort out the chaff from the real deal. At the end of the day, only your personal experiences matter.

4 hours ago, xspider1 said:

Yep!  And, there should be an eagerness to explain the unexplained. 

There is 'eagerness'. Takes a lot of time and money. Keep in mind that this is an internet message board, not a research site. There are those who are operating under the 'radar'. 

This thread has 2 basic subjects. If you want to really stir the pot, then others like: little people, subterranean  'terrans / burrowers', dogmen, thunderbirds should be added to the mix.  Stories from drunken hunting party escapades about demons and angels don't count for anything.

WooHoo

Edited by Catmandoo
text

46 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

There is 'eagerness'. Takes a lot of time and money. Keep in mind that this is an internet message board, not a research site. 

Yep, sort of.  The US Government is expected to spend 6.3 trillion dollars (of our money) this year.  6.3 times a thousand, times a thousand, times a thousand, times a thousand is a number that the human mind cannot comprehend and it is about 25% of our Gross Domestic Product.  They have deep pockets.  Not sure what differences make this site a message board and not a research site because there are critical thinkers here, there are Scientists, woodsmen and women, explorers, investigators and tax payers.  And, we are looking into this for free.  Research can be done anytime, any place and by anybody.

Edited by xspider1