How have the "woo-woo" reports affected your opinion?

PNWexplorer

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

If the last ones already went extinct then there would be none left to bury the bones of the last ones that died. Assuming they exist and assuming they bury or otherwise manage their dead members.

True enough.

They are not fully extinct though, the whoops, knocks, and tracks continue ...

Whether the population, while non-zero, is so low that they've passed a point of no return seems a fair question.   It is one people can have an opinion about but there's no direct evidence either way, merely assumption.

And as discussed before here, an extremely low population can lead to mutations that do not get "dampened out" as they would be in a large and mixing population, things like varying numbers of toes, variations in size, muscularity, blah blah blah.

MIB

• Upvote 1

The woo woo woo explanation is a poor one.

If the creatures did exist they would most certainly be of the flesh and blood variety. 

Paranormal claims in my opinion are linked to the lack of evidence of the creatures existence. 

Reminds me of the old saying (grasping at straws).

Don't believe that dwindling numbers are because of human expansion into their domain. There is plenty of dark forests still available for a viable breeding population. 

The more likely truth is no explanation needed for woo woo woo or flesh and blood. Simply because the creatures don't exist. 

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

The woo woo woo explanation is a poor one.

If the creatures did exist they would most certainly be of the flesh and blood variety. 

Paranormal claims in my opinion are linked to the lack of evidence of the creatures existence. 

Reminds me of the old saying (grasping at straws).

Don't believe that dwindling numbers are because of human expansion into their domain. There is plenty of dark forests still available for a viable breeding population. 

The more likely truth is no explanation needed for woo woo woo or flesh and blood. Simply because the creatures don't exist. 

What  if you saw something that would convince you there might be something to the woo ...  even if you didn't see a bigfoot :D

That's the only thing that makes sense to me because if they are just an animal that roams the forests there would have been solid proof by now but there isn't .

Can't go this long with the tools researchers have now at their disposal . 

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Huntster said:

I’m in the minority with you, but add that I think hybridization with homo sapien might be possible, which would delay extinction.

They are not going extinct. They made it this far. Their food supply is very good: elk, deer, bear to name the common ones. They eat anything that walks or crawls. If the food supply crashes, then they are in trouble. Humans are safe--too much cholesterol and horse feathers.

Hybridization would be painful.

7.62:

"Can't go this long with the tools researchers have now at their disposal . ".   The tools are what is pushing them away. I can't think of a wild animal that does not hide from man. 

• Upvote 1

How many 400+ pound animals are still hiding from man.  And in a 1st world nation?   Obviously that’s an answer that can’t be answered.   We don’t know what we don’t know……. But just saying…….something is amiss in regards to BF.    

1 hour ago, Twist said:

How many 400+ pound animals are still hiding from man.  And in a 1st world nation?   Obviously that’s an answer that can’t be answered.   We don’t know what we don’t know……. But just saying…….something is amiss in regards to BF.    

This surprises me more, way more considering we fought one of the longest wars there. And dropped more bombs there than Nazi Germany….

https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/saola#:~:text=Donate-,Facts,mammal is already critically endangered.

Makes you wonder about Rock apes.

6 hours ago, 7.62 said:

What  if you saw something that would convince you there might be something to the woo ...  even if you didn't see a bigfoot :D

That's the only thing that makes sense to me because if they are just an animal that roams the forests there would have been solid proof by now but there isn't .

Can't go this long with the tools researchers have now at their disposal . 

I would welcome the opportunity. 👍

Thank you for making my case for me. No proof means existence is highly unlikely. Nothing paranormal about it. 

Certainly does surprise me but that is also 30+ years old.  And we have realistically came a long way in those 30 years in terms of technology that can aid in discovery. I’m not saying there cannot be more undiscovered animals.  Certainly there are!   But there have to be very few left the size of BF.   Clearly just my opinion.  

7 minutes ago, Twist said:

Certainly does surprise me but that is also 30+ years old.  And we have realistically came a long way in those 30 years in terms of technology that can aid in discovery. I’m not saying there cannot be more undiscovered animals.  Certainly there are!   But there have to be very few left the size of BF.   Clearly just my opinion.  

If we are talking Ohio? Yes. If we are talking Alaska, Siberia, Congo or the Amazon? I am not so sure.

2 hours ago, Twist said:

But just saying…….something is amiss in regards to BF.    

I agree 99% (which is the closest i ever agree on BF, so far :biggrin:

Since some of them are reported to be like 1000+ lbs, may be time for more people to realize that there are still things on Earth which currently have no Scientific explanation.  After all, it has been that way since day 1.

I actually started believing that fact when I saw a UFO about 30 years ago.  Just breifly: I was driving up a very busy street and an orange, fiery sphere, passed above me and flew directly ahead of me straight up the road, apparently maybe only 30’ or so in the air.  Then, to my eyes at least, it vanished.  I looked on the news for a reported meteorite but, never heard a word. 🤔

Edited by xspider1

Admin
16 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

Define off tracks.  Asking for a friend:}  Sorry

Too late...

• Haha 1

16 pages, wow. The answer to the thread title is basically yes or no.  it is a borderline topic for the paranormal section.

My answer is No, but I have added more tools to my tool box.

Flesh and blood? Yes, only flesh and blood smells like they do and other animals have genetic memory to be scared / terrified of their odor.

• Upvote 1

So might USFW be aware of the "woo-woo" providing the creature exists? What about Dogman "woo-woo"? Or any other cryptid 'woo-woothat hasn't been officially verified.....or denied? Like Nessie for instance? Is all the other "woo-woo" the reason cryptids remain....um....cryptids?

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

Like Nessie for instance? Is all the other "woo-woo" the reason cryptids remain....um....cryptids?

They are using the wrong bait. I think that trolling with live bait would work well. Humans tend to be slower than cryptids.

• Haha 1