How have the "woo-woo" reports affected your opinion?

PNWexplorer

6 hours ago, hiflier said:

So might USFW be aware of the "woo-woo" providing the creature exists? What about Dogman "woo-woo"? Or any other cryptid 'woo-woothat hasn't been officially verified.....or denied? Like Nessie for instance? Is all the other "woo-woo" the reason cryptids remain....um....cryptids?

Around 2019 back when I was doing Sasquatch studies, I ran into possible woo in a remote area located in southwestern Oregon. This incident startled my wife and I.  Prior this, I read several Sasquatch reports that centered in this forest area. 

Their is a gravel driveway to an old cabin, a rocky creek flowing down the side yard and forest trees all over.  My wife and I heard at least five faint whistles coming from the dark flat forest next to an abandon cabin. In the past someone on the BFF or BFRO mentioned this is a behavior of BF. Bigfoot may whistle to a group of others hunting during dark nights. 

The unseen Sasquatches were due for a treat of apples. I had hung some apples from young growing fir trees along the only gravel road. The whistles spooked me so we walked down the narrow gravel road to the pickup. I looked back up to where the whistles came from and saw a thick silver flash dive into some brush.  This incident of possibe woo caused me to rethink Sasquatch investigations.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The gist of the thread is that if you have 1000 eyewitness reports of Bigfoot sightings, and of that initial 1000, 200 are verifiable as being legitimate, and of those 200 legitimate; obviously honest and real reports; 25 of them include testimony of UFO sightings, orbs, or other "woo" phenomena such as mind speak, infrasound, or disappearance into an apparent portal, then what do you do with those 25 reports?

They have already passed scrutiny and are verified as being trustworthy and accurate.  So, do you discard those reports because they don't fit your beliefs?  Or because the popular narrative of BF simply being an un-evolved species of Homo Sapiens would be threatened by facts involving supernatural behavior?

Those reports and testimonies are out there.  They are real and they exist.  IMHO, if you decide to disregard them, then you have decided to ignore facts in favor of advancing your own theories, and have therefore rendered your opinions as invalid and ignorant.

It may sound harsh, but it is reality.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

The gist of the thread is that if you have 1000 eyewitness reports of Bigfoot sightings, and of that initial 1000, 200 are verifiable as being legitimate, and of those 200 legitimate; obviously honest and real reports; 25 of them include testimony of UFO sightings, orbs, or other "woo" phenomena such as mind speak, infrasound, or disappearance into an apparent portal, then what do you do with those 25 reports?

They have already passed scrutiny and are verified as being trustworthy and accurate.  So, do you discard those reports because they don't fit your beliefs?  Or because the popular narrative of BF simply being an un-evolved species of Homo Sapiens would be threatened by facts involving supernatural behavior?

Those reports and testimonies are out there.  They are real and they exist.  IMHO, if you decide to disregard them, then you have decided to ignore facts in favor of advancing your own theories, and have therefore rendered your opinions as invalid and ignorant.

It may sound harsh, but it is reality.

PNWexplorer really well spoken about bigfoot and paranormal activity.

Ron Morehead a no BS deer hunter, and he talks about bigfoot at his high Sierra Mts. bigfoot deer hunting camp. He describes bigfoot's language then states at one point the hunters saw an orb passing through his camp.

Please post his video where he speaks of orbs.

"Paranormal circles often debate the phenomena of orbs. Some individuals believe a ghost orb is an indication there is a spirit nearby."

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

.......So, do you discard those reports because they don't fit your beliefs?  Or because the popular narrative of BF simply being an un-evolved species of Homo Sapiens would be threatened by facts involving supernatural behavior?.......

At this stage, they're categorized (as you have done in your example) for analysis or action, just like all other reports. The pattern is there for somebody to act on or not. 

I'm interested in sasquatchery, but not enough to invest money or time conducting field work. Some people are, but they might not think they can catch a sasquatch that can disappear like a ghost or shapeshift into a butterfly at will, so might not investigate those reports. 

If sasquatches can shapeshift or beam themselves up into intergalactic starships, any attempt to catch one is likely to be folly. Indeed, even as I believe them to be a human subspecies both extremely rare and extremely adept at outdoor skills and abilities, I consider them to be the ultimate biological hunting quarry extremely difficult to harvest, and I also believe that government doesn't want them to be discovered. Since government is capable of shapeshifting and other supernatural and paranormal feats, and whom I'm terrified of, I'll leave the sasquatch hunting (whether biological, paranormal, or supernatural) to others. 

• Upvote 1

The first post WW 11 UFO sighting report from an aircraft pilot occurred in a plane that was bound for Yakima, Washington which is known by its colloquial name: 'Sasquatch Central'.  lol   I always thought that was interesting.

This is a great topic, imo, because it is very interesting to read the pros and cons, the experiences and yes (let me dare say it) the beliefs of Woo. :guitar: 

Sry, this will tie into Sasquatch soon, I promise.  There is definitely Woo in UFO's.  Just started watching Top Secret UFO Projects Declassified on Netflix.  Yes, that's a tabloid title, but the old film interviews with multiple, sane people aboard the same aircraft and the Scientists, etc. involved at the time should make anyone wonder.  So, if they are here then I think we know that they are Way more advanced than Us.  And (this is a Woo as h*#l^ thing to say), but I see no way that it would be impossible for an alien ship to drop off a Sasquatch or 500.  Or, maybe they are simply just another Earth primate that developed some BOSS skills.   I don't know.

7 hours ago, xspider1 said:

The first post WW 11 UFO sighting report from an aircraft pilot occurred in a plane that was bound for Yakima, Washington which is known by its colloquial name: 'Sasquatch Central'.  lol   I always thought that was interesting.

World UFO Day celebrates June 24th.

June 24, 1947, the first modern sighting of flying saucers reported by private pilot Kenneth Arnold, who spotted a group of 9 'saucer like craft' above the volcano Mount Rainier, Cascades. Military pilots called them foo fighters. The term 'flying saucers' stuck. I don't know which direction the UFO's were traveling. Mt. Rainier forms lenticular cloud formations which I think would be a good day time  hiding place for saucer like craft.

Unfortunately, UFO hoaxes appeared very quickly.

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2023 at 1:04 AM, PNWexplorer said:

However, the magic of the internet has made the collection and recording of sightings and encounters much more easy and common.  And along with the vast increase of data on reports, there is also a large increase in the number of reports that include "woo-woo" aspects.

I haven't waded through five pages yet, but my thought is this. I'll believe it when I see it AND I'm seeing more and more that I thought unbelievable. 

For instance, I didn't believe in lights or orbs in the woods.... and I've now seen both. So, I've changed my opinion. I consider woo POSSIBLE, just not LIKELY. 

With so many witnesses, though, I'll keep the door open to more info and new experiences and new opinions. 

Edited by Madison5716
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

For instance, I didn't believe in lights or orbs in the woods.... and I've now seen both.

Science has proposed explanations for the orbs of light that many people see such as:  swamp gas, fireflies, headlights and even perhaps owls that ingest bioluminescent fungi.  But, there is currently no ‘Scientific’ explanation for the orbs.  I.e., they are woo-woo, by definition.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will-o'-the-wisp

lol!  yeah, I never thought about that either!  maybe just throw a rock at the orb and see what happens??  worse case, everybody gets their arms ripped off :rofl:

22 hours ago, Huntster said:

Anybody ever put a bullet through an orb?

Launch a length of wire at the orb in the way of being a ground strap. Have the video operating. What say the archers about an arrow trailing a wire?  Orb going to ground could be a woooonderful experience.

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2023 at 3:04 AM, PNWexplorer said:

After having listened to hundreds of accounts on Sasquatch Chronicles and Sasquatch Odyssey podcasts, dozens of which include some very compelling reports that involve instances of supernatural or alien activity and behavior, I find it hard to believe that we are dealing with a purely natural undiscovered species of mammal.

I'll readily admit that I am a completely novice and amateur Sasquatch enthusiast and only became interested in the subject because of recent sightings in my area and my own couple of encounters.

But listening to the likes of Cliff Barrackman, Jeff Meldrum, and other noted researchers, they all seem to agree that we are still at the 5-yard goal line 50 years after the groundbreaking Patterson-Gimlin film.  We don't know much more than what we did back then.

However, the magic of the internet has made the collection and recording of sightings and encounters much more easy and common.  And along with the vast increase of data on reports, there is also a large increase in the number of reports that include "woo-woo" aspects.

Now, I know that Cliff Barrackman flat out rejects any notion that there is ANY "woo-woo" aspect to Bigfoot and that those instances are the result of human error in observation or some other rational explanation.  I find that incredibly hypocritical that someone who absolutely believes in Bigfoot, routinely rejects eye-witness accounts that involve supernatural behavior while he himself asks the doubting public to believe his eye-witness accounts.

I think what made me think that there is something to the supernatural aspect is an account on one of the podcasts in which the witness was driving along at night and talking to his girlfriend on the cellphone when a sasquatch ran into the road with a racoon in it's mouth.  He didn't have time to react and hit the sasquatch at 60 mph.  He felt the impact and his girlfriend heard the impact over the phone.  The man said he saw a weird flash of light at the time of impact.

He pulled over to inspect his vehicle and see what he had hit.  No damage to his vehicle.  No dead or injured sasquatch.  But one side of his car was covered in blood.  It was like the creature was teleported at the instant time of impact. Then the host said that he had heard multiple other reports of the same thing happening to other people.  Either when shooting at one, or almost hitting one with a vehicle.  Weird flash of light and the creature disappears.  And that's just one strange phenomenon associated with multiple reports.

Then there are the dozens of UFO sightings associated with sasquatch sightings, orbs, mind speak, infrasound, etc, etc.

All of those very credible accounts have me believing that we are never going to capture a sasquatch.  We might kill one, but the body will never be collected.  I used to want to interact with one, as it was a mammal that was native to the woods, and it was fascinating.  Now, I don't know what the hell they are, but they surely aren't merely an undiscovered primate or human-hybrid, or else we would have a body by now.

So, per the title of the thread, how have the "woo-woo" accounts and sightings affected your opinion of what sasquatch is?  Or have you decided to discount them like Barrackman and Meldrum?

sasquatch chronicles is for entertainment.  wes germer is a ***********