How have the "woo-woo" reports affected your opinion?

PNWexplorer

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

The images are simulations. You, your eyes, and your brain are not. You are flesh and blood. Your understanding or beliefs might be deceived by simulations, but that photo........and other simulations.........are fraudulent.

Destroy itself later than we can? Do you have any evidence that a civilization can live that long?

Yup. Flesh and blood tends to focus on the biological facts of life. Lose that focus, and you tend to die biologically.

Or philosophers. Or clergy. Or, I suppose, people desperate to catch a creature that stymies them biologically...........

Flesh and blood…. What is flesh and blood made of?

https://www.news-medical.net/life-sciences/What-Chemical-Elements-are-Found-in-the-Human-Body.aspx#:~:text=The human body is approximately,sodium%2C chlorine%2C and magnesium.

The human body is made up of elements found on the periodic table. Elements that when broken down become atoms and electrons, etc. And now we are talking physics….. Huntster I love you to death but you have a real aversion to science, but we type ideas of the inter webs and send them through fiber optic lines to each other. That’s physics. I reheat my pizza up in a microwave. That’s physics. My grandfather didn’t have to do an amphibious landing on Japan because of physics. So forth and so on. It’s all way way above my pay grade. But I do see the reality of the presence of physics in our everyday lives. It’s everywhere today.

super symmetrical computer code is found in the smallest particles in the universe. What does that mean? Hell if I should know!🤷‍♂️ But I do have a healthy respect for physics. 

9 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

I am not in a 'simulation'.

The 'simulation' word salad smells old.

Years ago, a poster submitted a comment that Sasquatch were like " monsters from the id" as in the 1956 movie 'Forbidden Planet'. Forbidden Planet is a classic with faster than light speed spacecraft and Leslie Nielsen in his second movie.

The monster from the id did a lot of damage even though it was created mentally. Many believe that the movie was an adaption of William Shakespeare's  'The Tempest'.

Leslie Nielsen was quite a comic. His headstone reads "Let 'er rip".

If you think that you are in simulation, buy a 3/4 length Matrix coat, the shades, dodge Agent Smith and let er rip.

Too many people have forgotten about AI:

Colossus: The Forbin Project working with the Russian's Guardian

HAL 9000 series

Red Queen

AI works with streaming ones and zeros. Beware.

Correct. And maybe 1 million years from now it has the ability to build its own universe….with living entities that have no clue.

Thats the point I am trying to make.

6 hours ago, Huntster said:

The images are simulations. You, your eyes, and your brain are not. You are flesh and blood. Your understanding or beliefs might be deceived by simulations, but that photo........and other simulations.........are fraudulent.

I agree, the simulation may be fraudulent, but perception can often and is often reality to an individual.   On the level of life being a simulation, perception would be reality, I think, by definition.     For the record, I do not believer we are in a simulation, just saying…..

6 hours ago, Huntster said:

Destroy itself later than we can? Do you have any evidence that a civilization can live that long?

I’d like to believe that by 1 million years of civilization, implies educated civilization.  In that case I’d like to BELIEVE that means they advanced past violence against their own.     

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, norseman said:

It's more closely categorized as biology. Moreover, I "identify" as a biological and spiritual entity, not as chemical elements in a soft, fleshy beaker. I suspect most others do, too. Thus, with my spiritual makeup, I even transcend Science, which has yet to discover the spirit.

.......we type ideas of the inter webs and send them through fiber optic lines to each other. That’s physics........

It's more closely categorized as electronic data transmission.

........I reheat my pizza up in a microwave. That’s physics........

It's more closely categorized as microwave radiation.

........My grandfather didn’t have to do an amphibious landing on Japan because of physics........

That would be more closely categorized as an atomic fission weapon, in terms of the weapon itself, and military science as the use of the weapon to avoid a costly invasion.

........I do see the reality of the presence of physics in our everyday lives. It’s everywhere today..........

It has been everywhere all throughout time. Even before we called it "Science", before we learned to harness it, and even after we destroy ourselves with it. It has never been a "simulation". It has always been real.

........super symmetrical computer code is found in the smallest particles in the universe. What does that mean?

Maybe it means that it isn't a computer code. Maybe it's the language of........You Know Who...........and we're beginning to understand how to use it?

..........Huntster I love you to death but you have a real aversion to science........

I love you, too, Norseman, but I don't have an aversion to Science. I have problems with those who believe that they own it, and I have problems with the abuse of it. As a lifelong career military/railroad engineering employee, I have a very special love for Science. I even love nuclear weapons. :)

Edited by Huntster

3 minutes ago, Twist said:

.......I’d like to believe that by 1 million years of civilization, implies educated civilization.  In that case I’d like to BELIEVE that means they advanced past violence against their own.     

We are taught that violence even exists in the spiritual world.

I try to be an optimist, but all it takes is 1 nut and enough idiots to do his/her bidding.  Pretty sure this civilization will be ‘lost’ eventually, just as many civilizations before have been lost.

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

It's more closely categorized as biology. Moreover, I "identify" as a biological and spiritual entity, not as chemical elements in a soft, fleshy beaker. I suspect most others do, too. Thus, with my spiritual makeup, I even transcend Science, which has yet to discover the spirit.

It's more closely categorized as electronic data transmission.

It's more closely categorized as microwave radiation.

That would be more closely categorized as an atomic fission weapon, in terms of the weapon itself, and military science as the use of the weapon to avoid a costly invasion.

It has been everywhere all throughout time. Even before we called it "Science", before we learned to harness it, and even after we destroy ourselves with it. It has never been a "simulation". It has always been real.

Maybe it means that it isn't a computer code. Maybe it's the language of........You Know Who...........and we're beginning to understand how to use it?

I love you, too, Norseman, but I don't have an aversion to Science. I have problems with those who believe that they own it, and I have problems with the abuse of it. As a lifelong career military/railroad engineering employee, I have a very special love for Science. I even love nuclear weapons. :)

I don’t care what you identify as….. those are the elements in your body discovered through physics.

Electronic data transmission IS electrons. Physics.

A microwave cooks food by a magnetron producing microwaves to vibrate H2O molecules in food. Physics.

Weapons that split atoms were invented by physicists. Namely Oppenheimer.

Computer code….language of you know who, call it what you will. I think as we dig deeper into the fabric of the cosmos we may very well find the handiwork of a creator. But it probably will not be a big bellied gray bearded guy floating on a cloud. That’s just our perception.

1’s and 0’s have been around since before the Big Bang, they just mean On or Off.  I seriously doubt that the code running our Internet browsers is found in the fabric of time and space. 

Still, that would be easy to test.  Just grab a string of say a million bits from String Theory and see if it matches any known code.  I mean, what’s it gonna say:  “I’m sorry, Dave.  I’m afraid I can’t do that.” ??

1 hour ago, norseman said:

.......we may very well find the handiwork of a creator. But it probably will not be a big bellied gray bearded guy floating on a cloud. That’s just our perception.

The big bellied gray bearded guy sounds like me........:lol:

He's a "simulation" of a spiritual entity that Man wanted to ascribe flesh and blood to...........sorta' the opposite of trying to ascribing paranormal characteristics to a rare, primitive hominid with outstanding outdoor senses and skills.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, late to the discussion...I just wanted to point out that "infrared vision" in reptiles isn't a function of eye-based vision. And most reptiles don't "see" in the infrared spectrum. Infrared sensory perception is seen in the pit vipers and certain species of boas and pythons. The pit vipers(including all the U.S. venomous species aside from the coral snakes, as well as numerous asian, African and neotropical species) are characterized by a pair of facial pits(one on each side) between the eyes and nostrils, hence the name "pit vipers"(as opposed to the other viper groups that have no infrared sensory organs) The boas and pythons that have these organs tend to have these heat sensing pits arranged along both the upper and lower labial scales(essentially "lip scales") in various configurations, with some species displaying a prodigious number. Generally speaking those along the front half of the upper jaw/lips tend to be more pronounced, while those of the lower jaw are usually positioned further back, starting about half way back. Interestingly enough, boas have their pits located between their labial scales, while pythons have their pits in the center of each scale. Good example of the boa pits may be seen in the emerald tree boa, and the Madagascar tree boa shows just how extensive these pits can be. Facial shots of a reticulated python will show the mid scale placement of python pits. 

While not a part of the ocular vision system, these pits do provide a sort of infrared imagery that can distinguish thermal differences of either 1.0 or 0.1 °C(it's been a long time since I reviewed this topic) but either way it presents a surprisingly distinct map of heat signatures, allowing these creatures to hunt warm blooded prey in relative darkness.

Edited by guyzonthropus
  • Upvote 2

In regards to the question of why would sasquatch need to develop cloaking or effective camouflage or invisibilty, when it is the apex predator of its environment? It's because adaptation is always a step behind the the causative factors. Sasquatch weren't always the alpha predator in North america. Figuring they came over the Bering straight land bridge in time to get swept up in the "megafication" of the North American megafauna, and thus became Pleistocene mega-hominids, they were still dealing with a large variety of megapredators more specialized for predation than they were. And while their heightened cognition probably lent itself well to cooperative hunting/foraging  as well as cooperative defence, individually they were still pretty vulnerable to predation. That and I'm sure they didn't start off with as refined cooperative behaviors as they ended that era with. In light of that, it's pretty easy to see how the camouflage/concealment abilities would arise, perhaps even sentiently directed or guided, as we must keep in mind these are not mere apes nor displaced giganthopithicus looking for a bamboo substitute, these were increasing larger hominids capable of strategy, contextual analysis, and a growing awareness of just what groups of such creatures might be capable of(which could well prove quite the advantage, especially as the climate began to shift and things began getting desperate for the more specialized predators as the shifting plant communities killed off much of their prey)

So the abilities for concealment and camouflage could well be adaptations to conditions no longer quite so pressing, yet they still prove useful, and so therefore are retained.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure that the "woo woo" reports change anything for me. To clarify, I'm not saying that I completely reject the whole notion of all things "woo woo." I'm not one to believe whole-heartedly that something isn't possible. Science doesn't work that way. However, I will say that I think there really isn't any reason to give that serious consideration at this point. Species are being discovered all the time. Species that we had thought were extinct are being rediscovered and I haven't heard any anti-BF arguments (for example: why don't we find a body) that are really all that compelling. I live in an area where bear, mountain lion, bobcats and deer are endemic but in the 20 years I've lived in my house, I've seen a bear maybe a handful of time and a mountain lion and bobcat once each right around my house. the idea that a wild animal can't possibly exist because it fails to give us the type of visual proof that we, as highly visual creatures, seem to need is absurd. Most wild animals have learned the hard way that the smartest thing to do is avoid humans. At this point, the "woo woo" stuff feels like a distraction that fails to accomplish anything.

• Upvote 2

Made a post in another thread and it shows up here... Must be aliens lol.

Edited by Skinwalker13
Made post under good bigfoot books and it popped up in this thread
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to the BFF, Leanne.  I think I get what you're saying.  None of the woo seems to advance the cause.  In my my opinion though, there is no other way to explain Bigfeet.  To paraphrase the show: Bigfoot, Fear in the Woods, 'They are either terrestrial, or extra-terrestrial' and 'He has roamed the earth for centuries'.  Not very helpful, but that does sort of summarize their status.  

For instance, why can't we at least get more clear pictures of them?  It seems to me that they must cause an anomaly with electromagnetic waves of light that our cameras cannot adjust for.  That is not uncommon in the natural world, for instance, when one takes an invariably blurry picture of the moon with a standard phone.  Or, as when my wife climbed the walls of the Pyramid at Chichen Itza (when they allowed that) and she took many film images inside the pyramid.  Every picture was a blur (as she was told they would be).  That's just to say that there are definitely anomalies with light that our standard imaging devices today do not adjust for.

In the case of Sasquatch, that is a super-natural effect because they appear to be a natural animal and many people have seem them clearly; yet digital cameras apparently don't work worth a flip imaging them.  That in itself is woo, as far as I can tell.  :thumbsup:

Edited by xspider1

Xspider1...to me, the simplest explanation for blurry photographs would be low level infrasound, as that  would cause just enough vibration of any camera, digital or not, to blur the images, or perhaps a specific frequency range rather than a matter of  volume.