Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

46 minutes ago, hiflier said:

2 BFF members are currently discussing this. The other 1,286......are not. Such as it goes.

It’s not that we dont like the topic.   I find it silly that Hiflier thinks this is some kind of “Got Ya” moment on the government.  Like all things Hiflier, he will push and cry about this agenda until he “quits” the BFF again.   Then he’ll be back 3 weeks later with a new agenda.    Wash, Rinse, Repeat.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Cut the crap and belittling, Twist. Your serving no good purpose here outside of trashing me and doing your own brand of pushing and crying...again. Grow up and knock it off schoolboy antics..

• Downvote 2

10 hours ago, hiflier said:

Cut the crap and belittling, Twist. Your serving no good purpose here outside of trashing me and doing your own brand of pushing and crying...again. Grow up and knock it off schoolboy antics..

It’s not belittling, it’s calling out your repeated behavior.  It’s a pattern.  

Do you forget how just a few days ago you made your return, as I predicted, and your first post back is instantly chastising the board for not acknowledging the PGF anniversary?    Was that for a good purpose?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I come back when discussions get serious about discovery and the truth. Or I have something to present. Your self-imagined predictions are a crap shoot because if I had nothing I wouldn't be here. And I will chastise this Forum as I do for its shortcomings. And yes, acknowledging the anniversary was for a good purpose. New members as well as seasoned ones need to keep it green when it comes to the Bigfoot subject seeing as this has been a Bigfoot Forum for 20 years and sometimes runs out of steam.

The short clip in the slider on the home page of Patty walking is there for a reason. And the anniversary of that day should be recognized. There is so much on this Forum about it and STILL so few that have acknowledged it. Sad really since the PGF is best thing we have thanks to Bob Gimlin and Roger Patterson. And I think recognizing the day helps keep the Forum on track. 'Nuff said.

Anything you have on this thread's topic would be welcome. In fact, you saying anything on any topic to get you off my back would be a good thing. Maybe a question that YOU would like to ask a USFWS defendant in a court of law? Could be a good start :)

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, hiflier said:

2 BFF members are currently discussing this. The other 1,286......are not. Such as it goes.

I think I laid out my thoughts pretty well on why this line of reasoning will fail. There just isn’t anymore to say. We cannot build a house without building a strong foundation first. That foundation is proof the species is real. Once we do that? We can then interchange an owl species for a primate species and sue the USFWS for X,Y or Z…. Until that day comes? No matter if we like it or not? Bigfoot IS a mythological creature. And the powers that be will treat is as such.

• Upvote 2

Yep, once verifiable proof of existence (body/tissue samples) are produced I'd imagine federal/state wildlife agencies would move quickly to establish protections and authorize studies.

Until then you're banging your head against a wall taking them to court no matter how clever your arguments.

In a way you can't blame them, and wouldn't surprise me if there were a number of people in official positions who thought there might be something to it.  But if they'd authorize what

would probably be a minimum of tens of thousands of taxpayer $$$ 'studying bigfoot' safe to say they'd be roundly lambasted from all sides and most likely lose their positions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, norseman said:

That foundation is proof the species is real

And the knowledge of that does NOT lie with us. That knowledge lies elsewhere and that elsewhere has been my goal ever since I first popped the existence question to my own state F&W which only left me at the bottom of the ladder with everyone else. The top of the ladder sent me an email saying hunting the creature was a recreational activity so now my goal is to find out just how that determination was made.

How about a little support for me sticking my neck out instead typing out an opinion for why it's a bogus move that deserves no effort at follow through. Failure is only guesswork at best. Members tried early on to tell me I would get nowhere and no response from officials. They were wrong. You say you've talked to your F&W. You've mentioned it more than once. But I'll wager that you talked to them about a hunting matter, not about Sasquatch existence? At least you never said you had spoken to them about it or what their reaction was.

5 minutes ago, hiflier said:

And the knowledge of that does NOT lie with us. That knowledge lies elsewhere and that elsewhere has been my goal ever since I first popped the existence question to my own state F&W which only left me at the bottom of the ladder with everyone else. The top of the ladder sent me an email saying hunting the creature was a recreational activity so now my goal is to find out just how that determination was made.

How about a little support for me sticking my neck out instead typing out an opinion for why it's a bogus move that deserves no effort at follow through. Failure is only guesswork at best. Members tried early on to tell me I would get nowhere and no response from officials. They were wrong. You say you've talked to your F&W. You've mentioned it more than once. But I'll wager that you talked to them about a hunting matter, not about Sasquatch existence? At least you never said you had spoken to them about it or what their reaction was.

I am confused. The letter I read from New York State supports my assertions. It’s a recreational activity because it’s a MYTHOLOGICAL creature. That’s their position, as I have stated. I don’t see any wiggle room.

As I have said all along I support your attempts at disclosure. But I’ve also said I am not going to continue because I feel it’s a waste of time. That’s me personally. Members of this forum are more than welcome to write to whomever they choose. I am not some arbiter of the internet.

I think I explained my conversation several times. I called the Portland office of the USFWS. And asked them what the protocol was for trying to secure a type specimen for a new species. No I never mentioned Bigfoot because for one I didn’t want to get hung up on. And for two? It shouldn’t matter….. the discovery of a new species of insect should be the same protocol as a new species of primate.

The answer was somewhat convoluted. First he tried to tell me there was nothing left to discover. But if I did want a permit to study known species I would need a permit. And permits are only given to accredited scientists. He also stated that they only manage USFWS lands. USFS, BLM, USPS, Tribal and State lands have different protocols, etc. It’s a massive bureaucracy. They would also handle the importation and exportation of animals and animal parts across US lines.

As far as collecting a type specimen on USFWS lands? The answer is? There is nothing here to discover. Everything has been discovered. But what if it’s not? I never got a sufficient answer.

But what I did learn is that the US Forest Service is the agency to crack. Why? Because they administer the bulk of our nation’s forests. USFWS has a pittance of land compared to the USFS. But it’s probably going to be a state wildlife officer who is gonna be the tip of the spear concerning any members activities in the woods. And this would probably include trail cameras, call blasters, night vision, thermal cameras and firearms. 

• Upvote 1

Brainstorming here, the only sympathetic ear with any real power in my opinion are the tribes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribal_sovereignty_in_the_United_States

The problem I have ran into with tribal members isn’t believing in the existence of Bigfoot. The problem is taking one in the name of science. I have found that is pretty universally frowned upon. Even though they employ their own Biologists and do real science. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, norseman said:

…….We cannot build a house without building a strong foundation first. That foundation is proof the species is real……..

Okay. Get ‘er done.

2 hours ago, Chim Chim said:

Yep, once verifiable proof of existence (body/tissue samples) are produced I'd imagine federal/state wildlife agencies would move quickly to establish protections and authorize studies.……..

Should be pretty easily done, what with all the folks on this forum who seem to be able to whistle one up at will.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

…….The answer was somewhat convoluted……..

Well, Hell! Imagine that! 

…….

But if I did want a permit to study known species I would need a permit. And permits are only given to accredited scientists. He also stated that they only manageUSFWS lands. USFS, BLM, USPS, Tribal and State lands have different protocols, etc. It’s a massive bureaucracy. …….

Is that the guy you expect to give you a slap on the shoulder with congratulatory lauds when you shoot one? 

I you can’t even look for one without a permit (and you don’t qualify for that, because you aren’t accredited, and because they don’t exist) you think shooting one is going to be met with slobbery love?

Edited by Huntster

1 hour ago, norseman said:

…….The problem I have ran into with tribal members isn’t believing in the existence of Bigfoot. The problem is taking one in the name of science. I have found that is pretty universally frowned upon. Even though they employ their own Biologists and do real science. 🤷‍♂️

Hello? Hello?

*Is this thing turned on?*

Dude, they don’t want them discovered!

Neither does government!

36 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Well, Hell! Imagine that! 

Is that the guy you expect to give you a slap on the shoulder with congratulatory lauds when you shoot one? 

I you can’t even look for one without a permit (and you don’t qualify for that, because you aren’t accredited, and because they don’t exist) you think shooting one is going to be met with slobbery love?

The only USFWS around here is here.

https://www.fws.gov/refuge/little-pend-oreille

And I don’t go there.