Why has bigfoot not been listed as an endangered species?

georgerm

Just now, norseman said:

.......Do you have ANY evidence that Bigfoot builds dams?🤣🤣🤣

No, and you have no evidence that the Homo sapien who smiles at you in the pic has ever built a dam, either, despite the obvious tools he has to work with. I highly doubt anybody has taught him to build a dam. You'd need a beaver to do that.

Just now, Huntster said:

No, and you have no evidence that the Homo sapien who smiles at you in the pic has ever built a dam, either, despite the obvious tools he has to work with. I highly doubt anybody has taught him to build a dam. You'd need a beaver to do that.

He is your Buck tooth kid…..not mine. Just like the wolf girl…..🙄

1 minute ago, norseman said:

Well bad news. My chest still hasn’t fused and the prognosis doesn’t look good. So I guess it’s up to the next generation….👍

Sorry to learn that, but I have more bad news for you;

The next generation appears to have little appetite for killing *PRIMATES*, regardless of genus or species.

2 minutes ago, norseman said:

He is your Buck tooth kid…..not mine. Just like the wolf girl…..🙄

Leave it to Beaver.........

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21829124-200-stone-tools-helped-shape-human-hands/#

Just now, Huntster said:

Sorry to learn that, but I have more bad news for you;

The next generation appears to have little appetite for killing *PRIMATES*, regardless of genus or species.

I have sons and son in laws. It’s all good.👍

To add to our discussion of the need for a sasquatch type specimen, that is, a holotype, it need not be a complete specimen.  In fact, for most fossil species, complete specimens are rare.

For example, attached is a photo of the holotype for Homo neanderthalensis

Homoneanderthalistypespecimen.thumb.png.dc187afa56ac5a95744f3cfed85facc0.png

Fortunately, since the designation of that species in 1864, we have gained about 400 reference specimens (some of them nearly complete), which have contributed greatly to our understanding of H. neanderthalensis morphology.

By the way, to my knowledge, there is no holotype for the species Homo sapiens.  Rather, a lectotype has been designated (I am guessing by the Committee on Zoological Nomenclature) – the remains of Carl Linnaeus, which reside in the Uppsala Cathedral in Uppsala, Sweden rather than in a museum as is the case for nearly all other type specimens.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 9-dot said:

To add to our discussion of the need for a sasquatch type specimen, that is, a holotype, it need not be a complete specimen.  In fact, for most fossil species, complete specimens are rare.

For example, attached is a photo of the holotype for Homo neanderthalensis

Homoneanderthalistypespecimen.thumb.png.dc187afa56ac5a95744f3cfed85facc0.png

Fortunately, since the designation of that species in 1864, we have gained about 400 reference specimens (some of them nearly complete), which have contributed greatly to our understanding of H. neanderthalensis morphology.

By the way, to my knowledge, there is no holotype for the species Homo sapiens.  Rather, a lectotype has been designated (I am guessing by the Committee on Zoological Nomenclature) – the remains of Carl Linnaeus, which reside in the Uppsala Cathedral in Uppsala, Sweden rather than in a museum as is the case for nearly all other type specimens.

I have been over extinct versus extant before…..many many times. 

With that said? If you found a Bigfoot skull cap? It would advance our community farther than any plaster cast or grainy film ever could.

The problem? Is all of the hoaxers!

https://www.iflscience.com/wildlife-presenter-claims-to-find-bigfoot-skull-in-british-columbia-heres-what-scientists-think-64397

So science is gonna go over a legit skull cap with a fine tooth comb.

You guys are a trip!   :thumbsup: 

Back to the subject of why there is no Government protection for Bigfoot?  In these days of rampant conspiracy theories, deep-fakes and general mistrust, would a bigfoot skull cap even prove to Science that they exist?  Or, would Science say that it was an unexplained anomaly while 99% of the world just laughs?  I learned that current DNA intelligence can predict some aspects of a physical phenotype: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8774670/  That is wonderful.  However, if DNA does one day indicate with confidence that a subject had a flat head, a protruding jaw, long arms and short legs, so what??  I think they would just say that the subject was a mutation, or just an ugly guy from the past who certainly does not prove Bigfoot.  :rolleyes: lol

Notes to self:  (Never debate Zana with norseman and never engage Huntster in a battle of wits.)  :D

Edited by gigantor
corrected misspelling
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, xspider1 said:

........In these days of rampant conspiracy theories, deep-fakes and general mistrust, would a bigfoot skull cap even prove to Science that they exist?  Or, would Science say that it was an unexplained anomaly while 99% of the world just laughs?.........

The social psychology involved with the sasquatch phenomenon is the entire issue. Our own discussions here demonstrate that, and as we look around our society, we see that social psychology is warping everything around us, even the most basic biological facts.

"Humanity" (Homo sapien) is already corraled into ideologies regarding the sasquatch phenomenon, just like in the 1850's and 1860's when Darwin, Huxley, Wilberforce, Brodie, Hooker, and FitzRoy debated evolution and the gorilla was discovered:

https://erblist.com/erbmania/duchaillu.html

Text of the National Geographic Magazine, July 1903 issue, Volume 14, Number 7, pages 282-285, annotated by David Bruce Bozarth, © 2002. as regards Paul Belloni Du Chaillu being a possible inspiration for the popular Tarzan novels published between 1912 and 1944...........

..........The following article appeared in The National Geographic Magazine in the July 1903 issue: Volume 14, Number 7, pages 282-285. It was made available by the generosity of Dr. Lew M. Begley of Mesquite, TX, who has one of the largest collections of The National Geographic Magazine in the world. It was scanned from an original issue of the magazine. I tried to retain the original formatting and therefore have indicated in brackets the original page breaks - Kenneth W. Fuchs (Thandar), December 1999

[page 282]:...........

..........In the book he told of gorilla, of which he had brought back the first specimens and which he had been the first white man to see and hunt; of the fierce cannibal tribes, the Fans, who filed their teeth to keep them sharp; of the ravages of the Baskouay ants, which marched in dense columns miles in length, and who were marshalled by officers and generals; of hunting elephants with pitfalls; of a new variety of snake, less than four feet long and six and eight inches thick, which lies in the open places in the woods and whose bite is instantaneous death, and of many other equally wonderful sights.

The book was greeted with shouts of laughter and derision from one end of the American continent to the other. Mr and Mrs and Miss Gorilla was the common jest, and the name Du Chaillu became a byword for a fanciful storyteller. Du Chaillu was only 26 when his first book was published. He was unable to answer satisfactorily the storm [p. 284] of questions hurled at him; consequently nobody believed him, except Harper and Brothers in the United States and the Royal Geographical Society in England, both of whom valiantly and vigorously defended his truthfulness.

In 1863-'65 Du Chaillu made a second journey of exploration to Africa, the narrative of which appeared in 1867 as "A Journey through Ashango Land." This time he discovered the pygmies of the Dark Forest, but his descriptions of the little people were likewise received with incredulity. With this journey his explorations in Africa ended.

Gradually each of Du Chaillu's discoveries was confirmed by later explorers - by Schweinfürth, Stanley, Sir Harry Johnston, and others. Many years ago they were all verified; but the name Du Chaillu none the less still remains to most Americans that of a romance..........

We are driven by belief........or the lack thereof........not fact or truth. It has been that way since the beginning, and it will remain that way to the end. We are labelled Homo sapien........Wise Human. I think we are poorly described. It should be Homo sententia.........Opinionated Human

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, xspider1 said:

You guys are a trip!   :thumbsup: 

Back to the subject of why there is no Government protection for Bigfoot?  In these days of rampant conspiracy theories, deep-fakes and general mistrust, would a bigfoot skull cap even prove to Science that they exist?  Or, would Science say that it was an unexplained anomaly while 99% of the world just laughs?  I learned that current DNA intelligence can predict some aspects of a physical phenotype: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8774670/  That is wonderful.  However, if DNA does one day indicate with confidence that a subject had a flat head, a protruding jaw, long arms and short legs, so what??  I think they would just say that the subject was a mutation, or just an ugly guy from the past who certainly does not prove Bigfoot.  :rolleyes: lol

Notes to self:  (Never debate Zana with norseman and never engage Hunster in a battle of wits.)  :D

Certainly with the Chapala lake skull? Science threw shade at it. Assuming that a Homo Erectus skull cap had been planted in Mexico. And then it disappeared entirely. They are still in the Clovis first model. Which I think is being debunked right now. Humans were here long before the Clovis people. And another Human species may very well have been here before us. Or….something else.

It’s going to take time as things like the Cerutti Mastadon site come to light. It throws a monkey wrench into conventional wisdom. 

I love Huntster to death! I live vicariously through him as my hunting opportunities down here pale in comparison to him. He is hunting in the arctic by himself and in his 60s! Mad respect…. There is just a couple of subjects like Biology in which we don’t see eye to eye. And that’s OK. 👍 It’s like trying to play football with someone who says the playbook is invalid. 🤷‍♂️ He has a healthy disdain for science in general. I’ve always loved science and history. My two favorite subjects. If we were in Elk camp together? I would avoid a few subjects with him and ask him about his vast knowledge of the Alaskan wilderness. Which is volumes! 

As far as what Bigfoot is? We just don’t know. That’s why until one is shot or run over or dug up? We won’t know. And we can scream and shout and jump up and down? Nothing is going to change it. But if it’s out there? That day will come. At some point the odds will run out. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, norseman said:

........I love Huntster to death!.........

I'm dying here! I'm being loved to death! :lol:

Back at ya'. You're in my daily prayers.

.......It’s like trying to play football with someone who says the playbook is invalid..........

The playbook isn't invalid. It just needs revision. We need better plays.

...........If we were in Elk camp together? I would avoid a few subjects with him and ask him about his vast knowledge of the Alaskan wilderness. Which is volumes!..........

I'd suggest we hunt for a sasquatch, instead. You shoot first......... ;)

• Haha 2

Get a room, you two!

Joking

I really enjoy the back and forth between you, and would gladly hunt with either of you, as long as I don't have to pack out a moose or elk solo, I'm unfortunately physically past those days.

1 hour ago, BC witness said:

Get a room, you two!.........

A tent!

........gladly hunt with either of you, as long as I don't have to pack out a moose or elk solo, I'm unfortunately physically past those days.

Yeah, if I can't get the Argo up to it, I'm not shooting. But I still bring the pack frame, because.......Murphy's Law. 

My best moose ran into a pond after I shot him. He ended up a good 30 yards out when his momentum stopped. It was also th coldest moose hint I'd ever been on, with temps going down to near zero at night. Luckily, the water wasn't deep. I stripped my clothes off, waded out to him, and pulled him to the shore (he floated!). As I dried off and redressed, my partners skinned him in portions, took limbs off, and that enabled us to keep pulling, inching him further and further out of the water. It was @ 1/2 mile to the boat. There were 5 of us. It was two trips each. We used Army medic stretchers on those river trips. 

I bet you can help us use a stretcher to get a sasquatch out of the woods. ;)

The government is not some single entity but 1000s of various people, departments, and interests who are not controlled by some single mindset or power.   In this way if I hit Bigfoot with my car no single entity would step in.  I would take pics and vid with my phone, calls would be made and pics taken.   No one would have some motivation to seize my camera or all the other cameras I passed the pic off too. In 5 minutes  it would be all over the world.   The news would show up and no guys in black helicopters would stop them from their broadcast    Sure, some DNR guy or sheriff might chime in but the body would not be whisked off by the CIA.    

After all of it, Bigfoot would be looked at by many people and the public wouldn’t be completely denied access.   Then, Bigfoot would be classified as an endangered something.   After all of it, I might be fined at some level if I hit a deer with my car if at all.

^ Unless that happened at a designated Bigfoot Crossing!?  :biggrin:   "As of September 2023, there were 2.95 million employees in the US federal workforce."  So, yes, they are a daunting group to sue in court.   

That 1903 National Geographic is a fascinating reference, Huntster.  I found the entire issue here: https://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/item/120242#page/426/mode/1up  That perfectly demonstrates the human tendency to criticize things that we don't know about.  I'd bet we are the only animal that doubts anything just by default.       

bigfoot-crossing.jpg

• Upvote 1