Tbrc Operation Endurance Report

Its not hard to put myself in their shoes. I have been in the field many many times looking for BF. If I am out in the woods with a shotgun and I see one through the trees what benefit will I gain from opening fire on it? Nothing except the fame and fortune of being the guy that finally got the BF. Thats what the motivation is, not research and protection. Theres too many other ways to go about evidence collection if youre trying to protect them. It would have been just as easy to have had a camera instead of a gun. But apparently it would have been to far for a camera to prove it exsists, so a shotgun is the next obvious choice.

"Thats what the motivation is, not research and protection."

Why do they need to be protected? Also, along the same lines; why would research benefit the species?

Bigfoot, at the moment, has not been proven to exist. However, if they do exist, as many of us believe, they appear to be just fine and have no need of our protection.

There have been dozens, if not hundreds, of reports related to Bigfoot shootings. This website, lists many of them and, if these reports are to be believed, the killings or attempted killings have had no discernible impact on the population.

Furthermore, who says that Bigfoot are harmless? Why would we assume that they are ONLY aggressive when they have to protect their young or are directly threatened?

We're talking about a supposed super predator that runs as fast as a deer, is strong as a bear, weighs 800 lbs, is 7-8 feet tall, eats meat, is an opportunistic eater and is believed to be intelligent. I would think that a lost, tired and helpless hiker, may, on occasion, be a tempting food source. After all, there are thousands of hikers, hunters, campers and other people that walk into our nation's forests, every year, and are never found. Some fell, some drowned and some just got lost and died of exposure. However, some also fell victim to predators and, it's only logical, if you believe in Bigfoot, that a fair share of these victims were taken by our cute and fuzzy, little buddy.....

Think about it.

Its not hard to put myself in their shoes. I have been in the field many many times looking for BF. If I am out in the woods with a shotgun and I see one through the trees what benefit will I gain from opening fire on it? Nothing except the fame and fortune of being the guy that finally got the BF. Thats what the motivation is, not research and protection. Theres too many other ways to go about evidence collection if youre trying to protect them. It would have been just as easy to have had a camera instead of a gun. But apparently it would have been to far for a camera to prove it exsists, so a shotgun is the next obvious choice.

I must be extra dense today, so help me out. How is it you know what their motivation is? You seem awfully cocksure.

We've got pictures, video, and film. It hasn't done much to prove these creature's existence. A body seals the deal.

Edited by Bonehead74

BFF Patron

Bdh25,

Way to stick to your guns! But Com'on man don't you think when this many members call ya out you might just have stepped in a pile of doo-doo? I say scrap it off and call it a day and let's get back on topic shall we? If you got that big a problem with Art report it but I for one am tired of the BS!

There now ya got something to report! :)

Some confusion there between, scrape it off and scrap it I surmise. :lol:

Just to add, staff, mods and admins all have differing opinions within the realm of the discussions here. They have always been encouraged to post their own positions when they so desire. They do NOT defer their own personal positions by virtue of taking an unpaid "job" here. They are free to express their opinions as they too, are members here just as yourself.

It goes without saying that any form of bias in implementing the rules WILL be dealt with by either the Chief Administrator or the BFF Director.

Any questions? Direct them to the Admins, Chief or Director.

As a precaution: Discussions about the impartiality of moderators in the open forum is bad form and against the forum rules, read them and you will understand from whence I come. If you have a personal problem with moderation or moderators you will first take it up with them in a personal or private forum also known as PM or personal messaging (if you have enough posts to use that system which I now presume has been obtained).

Bdh25,

Way to stick to your guns! But Com'on man don't you think when this many members call ya out you might just have stepped in a pile of doo-doo? I say scrap it off and call it a day and let's get back on topic shall we? If you got that big a problem with Art report it but I for one am tired of the BS!

There now ya got something to report! :)

Thank you, I see your point and have considered it, if I felt I was wrong I would have just bowed out and let everyone say what they wanted about me, but I feel I have some valid points that make the TRBC look incompetent and if you're a fan of them then obviously you have to dislike me. I dont have a problem with Art!!!!!!! All I ask is that the other side of the discussion get a fair shake. I felt that his opinion on the subject sets him up to be on the defensive towards the TBRC, Bipto, and the discussion in general. He has done nothing to me except correct me when I was wrong and I'll gladly admit to that. He did what he was supposed to do at the time, but now that the conversation has progressed there is a conflict with his duties and his opinions. Its just an observation I pointed out. Theres no BS here, arent forums for people to discuss things?

BFF Patron

Has anybody quashed your ability to post? Within the rules you may discuss what you want. Remember that bipto respectfully directed you toward a thread that was more appropriate to your avenue or approach to the discussion since it contained much of the detailed information about the operational prelude short of the report. He did try and I do respect that.

Has anybody quashed your ability to post? Within the rules you may discuss what you want. Remember that bipto respectfully directed you toward a thread that was more appropriate to your avenue or approach to the discussion since it contained much of the detailed information about the operational prelude short of the report. He did try and I do respect that.

No and I never said that, you're taking out of context. He said "I am sick of the BS", and I said "arent forums made to discuss things" all I meant was this is a discussion, it might be BS to some but that is what a forum is.

BFF Patron

You have missed my point, check your PM.

Fantastic. Boating accidents? Horses crushing hunters heads?? Googling hunting accidents in 2009 is the lamest attempt at proving whatever point you're trying to make and really has nothing to do with this being that there was no accident. And slandering Daryl Colyer by accusing him of a crime without even coming close to being a witness is unbelievable. It looks like you're much more interested in getting all hunting banned. I have an idea, why don't you start a petition to have firearms and hunting banned that way you can prevent anyone from doing something you don't agree with. What you should do is go up to a police officer and ask him if it's legal to shoot at a Bigfoot. Let me know how that goes. As far as the claims from people feeling like the shooting was so close to the couple that they feel threatened, and in danger, it's pretty safe to assume that the gunshots were loud. Any gunshots within a quarter mile are going to be alarming if you didn't expect them. Also, please do keep up the "boy in a suit" theory, it continues to highlight your total disregard for accuracy. What you should do is stand by your dog, or cat. Take 30 paces and turn around. What does it look like to you? A groundhog? Turkey? What do you think something the size of Mr. Valuev would look like at that distance? Exactly.

Did you forget? You're the one that said, "So let me get this straight, people are mistaken for 8 inch groundhogs or birds?" I give you one real example from a googled hunting accident list in 2009 and it was a lame attempt?

It doesnt' matter if it was a boy or a man humans are at risk for getting shot when you try to wing upright walkers. I don't care about killing of animals for food my only concern is hurting people from stupidity. No matter how hard you try to make this about me I'm not the one that fabricated this story. TBRC is the one that has some serious questions to answer or will risk loosing all of any credibility that they ever may have had.

No and I never said that, you're taking out of context. He said "I am sick of the BS", and I said "arent forums made to discuss things" all I meant was this is a discussion, it might be BS to some but that is what a forum is.

Did you notice how the TBRC supporters try to make this about you? It's because they know themselves the TBRC was dead wrong.

Edited by Patty3

I would like to say that I was wrong. I was wrong to think I could come here and express my opinion and others could express theirs without interferece. This is how upside down this conversation is: we all love BF, thats why we're here, right? A guy shoots one and gets praised, some that think they were wrong and get attcked. If you hunt and kill a BF your're a hero. If you stand up and think they should not be murdered you're the bad guy. No wonder BF doesnt want anything to do with us, all we want is his head on our wall and the rest in a lab. Where is the sense in all of this?

Did you forget? You're the one that said, "So let me get this straight, people are mistaken for 8 inch groundhogs or birds?" I give you one real example from a googled hunting accident list in 2009 and it was a lame attempt?

It doesnt' matter if it was a boy or a man humans are at risk for getting shot when you try to wing upright walkers. I don't care about killing of animals for food my only concern is hurting people from stupidity. No matter how hard you try to make this about me I'm not the one that fabricated this story. TBRC is the one that has some serious questions to answer or will risk loosing all of any credibility that they ever may have had.

Did you notice how the TBRC supporters try to make this about you? It's because they know themselves the TBRC was dead wrong.

Be careful patty, try not to notice to much, some dont approve of that

Fantastic. Boating accidents? Horses crushing hunters heads?? Googling hunting accidents in 2009 is the lamest attempt at proving whatever point you're trying to make and really has nothing to do with this being that there was no accident. And slandering Daryl Colyer by accusing him of a crime without even coming close to being a witness is unbelievable. It looks like you're much more interested in getting all hunting banned. I have an idea, why don't you start a petition to have firearms and hunting banned that way you can prevent anyone from doing something you don't agree with. What you should do is go up to a police officer and ask him if it's legal to shoot at a Bigfoot. Let me know how that goes. As far as the claims from people feeling like the shooting was so close to the couple that they feel threatened, and in danger, it's pretty safe to assume that the gunshots were loud. Any gunshots within a quarter mile are going to be alarming if you didn't expect them. Also, please do keep up the "boy in a suit" theory, it continues to highlight your total disregard for accuracy. What you should do is stand by your dog, or cat. Take 30 paces and turn around. What does it look like to you? A groundhog? Turkey? What do you think something the size of Mr. Valuev would look like at that distance? Exactly.

Wonderful post, and a plus one(1) from me to you.. :wub:

I love bigfoot but this was just of a sad attempt to replicate the Erickson project. I don't believe anyone should shoot bigfoot or anything else that walks upright, chances are it's going to be a human. Praising anyone that does will only get more pot shots at human figures during times of poor visibility, when imaginations run rampant.

I would like to say that I was wrong. I was wrong to think I could come here and express my opinion and others could express theirs without interferece. This is how upside down this conversation is: we all love BF, thats why we're here, right? A guy shoots one and gets praised, some that think they were wrong and get attcked. If you hunt and kill a BF your're a hero. If you stand up and think they should not be murdered you're the bad guy. No wonder BF doesnt want anything to do with us, all we want is his head on our wall and the rest in a lab. Where is the sense in all of this?

Wow, some folks disagree with you and it becomes a conspiracy against you, complete with "interference" from the establishment.

Maybe you should get used to not having everyone agree with your point of view. As you get older, you'll see that your opinion is of no greater - or of less - value than anyone elses. Nobody thinks you're the bad guy or that a shooter of BF is necessarily a hero... That's a lot of drama on your part. Good luck with that.

I'd like to agree that you were indeed wrong. You were wrong not to familiarize yourself with the forum rules before writing statements that had to be edited and accusing others of bias and a conflict of interest. Maybe you should try to notice these rules too much so you'll be better able to play well with others, especially when expressing differing opinions.

• Upvote 1

I love bigfoot but this was just of a sad attempt to replicate the Erickson project. I don't believe anyone should shoot bigfoot or anything else that walks upright, chances are it's going to be a human. Praising anyone that does will only get more pot shots at human figures during times of poor visibility, when imaginations run rampant.

I think it will be human also. Much of the samples tested have come back human, and its assumed that theres human contamination, but what if the results are correct, Human.

The shooting happened from a distance of over 100yds, did it not?

The distance was approximately 30 yards. That's in our report on the incident and in about half dozen different posts I've made here.

I'd like to agree that you were indeed wrong..

Good luck with blaiming the voices of reason, anyone that reads this thread that's not pro TBRC will see the truth.