Tbrc Operation Endurance Report

Art, with all due respect, this is clearly a conflict of intrest for you, and I am begining to feel your bias is interfering with your duties as a Mod. To everyones fairness we are all adults and we can take some chaffing and a few insults. We should be able to freely express our opinions without them being edited. Now I understand theres rules, and they need to be enforeced but nobody has broken any laws and no one one here is any worse for wear. If anyone cant handle this conversation simpliy dont read it. If we were at a "dinner table" I would say the same things, and give a chance for who ever wanted to rebut. It is clear you are on the side of Bipto and TBRC, all I ask is you let things play out until it absolutely needs to be addressed. Thanks

With all due respect to you, Art has every right to comment on this - and any other topic - as he so chooses. However, he has a duty to enforce the forum rules as he is instructed. If your freely-expressed opinions are in violation of the forum rules, he has to edit them... just as any other mod has to do.

Art has always been more than fair to me. He's deleted, merged and edited too many of my posts to mention. He has always went by the rules to the best of his abilities, even reversing his decisions when he felt it was justified. I have no problems with any of the mods, but Art has always been above-board.

Yes, Virginia - The forum rules apply to even little ol' you.

PS - A good plan is to contact the mods by PM instead of on the forum.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC

Oh, brother.

Once again you've taken the most extreme and illogical stance on this subject. Allow me to interject a little logic into the discussion.

Right or wrong, the guy shot at what he identified as a Bigfoot. OK, so what can we determine from where we stand now as armchair quarterbacks?

- He attempted to collect a type specimen and failed.

- He attempted to collect a type specimen, but it was one of those goofy, silly young pranksters in a suit. He deposited a load of buckshot in that stupid, young tush. LOL!

This was no hunting accident, so the painfully minute number of accidents listed previously are irrealevent. Besides, I have never heard of a hunter or sportsman having to look for a zipper before pulling the trigger. Accidents are called accidents because they are unintentional. If a goofy young goon gets a load of buckshot as a reward for his stupidity, then so be it.

Maybe you should stop trying to censor others by attempting to make them feel guilty.

I'd never set out to shoot a Bigfoot, but others would. More power to them if that's how they roll. Not everyone is going to feel as you do in this life, just like you don't share my views.

[/qu

___________________________________________________________________________________

You are correct this was no hunting accident, it was an attempted killing of a BF. A "hunter" would know that if the shot is not 100% safe and attainable it should not be attempted. A "killer" will shoot and not care what he hits. The point here is not kill/no kill its that a member of TBRC disacarged a firearm recklessly and wounded a creature whatever it may be. The TBRC is proud of their efforts, never have they said we are sorry for wounding one we failed it wont happen again. There has been no remorse for their actions, only pride.

Edited by Bdh25

Not to be overly pedantic, but all the quotes above have little bearing on the debate, unless of course your argument is with hunting or carrying a firearm afield.

The list is just the 2009 year of hunting accidents. As per conversation it does show that people do get mistaken and killed for animals such as turkey. Contrary to popular belief on here, statistics also show that every upright creature ever shot in the United States was human.

Wait a second, I never said Art wasnt fair or is a bad guy. Has has been very nice to me and like I said there was no disrespect meant. But Art is the "police" and "judge" on here and since his duties are to enforce things and his bias I feel has gotten in the way of letting this conversation unfold fairly. If you went to court for an offense woud'nt you want the judge to be unbiased? Yes I think you would.

2009 "Harvested" or "taken" list

NY: Hunter shot - mistaken for a turkey - 29 May 2009

NY: Turkey hunter shoots friend - 22 May 2009

NC: Hunter lucky to be alive after being shot in the abdomen - 22 May 2009

NM: Boy, 13, killed in hunting accident - 19 May 2009

NY: DEC investigates hunting accident - 16 May 2009

MT: Horses crush hunter's head - 13 May 2009

NY: Arrest made in Montgomery County hunting accident - 12 May 2009

CA: Jury gets Brentwood frog hunting murder case - 12 May 2009

OH: Companion Shoots Firefighter In Hunting Accident - 8 May 2009

TX: Dallas man injured in hunting accident - 8 May 2009

OH - Turkey hunter shot in lower back - 6 May 2009

NY: Turkey hunting accident sends victim to hospital - 5 May 2009

NH: man injured in turkey hunting mishap - 4 May 2009

MI: Mount Pleasant man dies in hunting accident - 2 May 2009

WV: Fatal Investigation Leads to Unrelated Citations - 1 May 2009

VT: Police: teenager killed while turkey hunting - 1 May 2009

OK: Man shot turkey hunting in Wagoner Co. - 30 Apr 2009

WV: Hunter Killed in Lewis County - 29 Apr 2009

WV: Wheeling Man Hospitalized After Hunting Accident - 29 Apr 2009

MA: man arraigned in hunting shooting - 28 Apr 2009

KY: Trooper Injured In Hunting Accident - 24 Apr 2009

KS: Man shot with arrow during hunting expedition - 24 Apr 2009

CT: Man who killed friend won't get hunting license - 24 Apr 2009

HI: Man gets jail term for role in fatal hunting accident - 20 Apr 2009

NJ: Man shot in face in West Milford hunting accident - 14 Apr 2009

TX: Teen killed while turkey hunting - 8 Apr 2009

OH: Hunter shot, loses eye - 7 Apr 2009

TX: Hunting accident claims life of BHS student - 7 Apr 2009

VA: Bedford man dies in hunting accident - 31 Mar 2009

AR: 19-year-old killed in hunting accident - 31 Mar 2009

TN: Man shot while hunting for turkeys - 28 Mar 2009

FL: Hunter misses turkey, shoots himself - 27 Mar 2009

SC: Man fatally shot north of Walhalla while hunting - 21 Mar 2009

NY: Duck hunter shot - 5 Mar 2009

OR: 13-Year Old Silverton Boy Shot in Neck While Hunting - 3 Mar 2009

MI: Mother of shooting victim from Oceana County faces shooter in court - 2 Mar 2009

WV: 16-year old's life cut short - 2 Mar 2009

OH: Writer chronicles tree-stand catastrophe - 27 Feb 2009

PA: Hunter charged in fatal accident - 26 Feb 2009

AL: Former university president OK after hunting accident - 25 Feb 2009

IA: Coyote hunter shot - 22 Feb 2009

FL: Hunter shot while hunting rabbits - 21 Feb 2009

NJ: Man killed while hunting illegally - 20 Feb 2009

ND: Hunter: 'Dude, I shot myself' - 10 Feb 2009

FL: Hunting accident this takes the life of a 57-year-old woman - 8 Feb 2009

IN: Goose hunter dies in boating accident - 3 Feb 2009

VA: 10-year-old boy killed in Campbell County shooting - 3 Feb 2009

Now throw in "lets shoot creatures that walk like man" and watch this list grow.

post-1423-073868400 1321564867_thumb.jpg

I want this man that wrote the story on the TBRC website to ask a police officer if it's legal to kill a prankster if he's wearing a good costume.

Fantastic. Boating accidents? Horses crushing hunters heads?? Googling hunting accidents in 2009 is the lamest attempt at proving whatever point you're trying to make and really has nothing to do with this being that there was no accident. And slandering Daryl Colyer by accusing him of a crime without even coming close to being a witness is unbelievable. It looks like you're much more interested in getting all hunting banned. I have an idea, why don't you start a petition to have firearms and hunting banned that way you can prevent anyone from doing something you don't agree with. What you should do is go up to a police officer and ask him if it's legal to shoot at a Bigfoot. Let me know how that goes. As far as the claims from people feeling like the shooting was so close to the couple that they feel threatened, and in danger, it's pretty safe to assume that the gunshots were loud. Any gunshots within a quarter mile are going to be alarming if you didn't expect them. Also, please do keep up the "boy in a suit" theory, it continues to highlight your total disregard for accuracy. What you should do is stand by your dog, or cat. Take 30 paces and turn around. What does it look like to you? A groundhog? Turkey? What do you think something the size of Mr. Valuev would look like at that distance? Exactly.

Edited by arizonabigfoot

You are correct this was no hunting accident, it was an attempted killing of a BF. A "hunter" would know that if the shot is not 100% safe and attainable it should not be attempted. A "killer" will shoot and not care what he hits. The point here is not kill/no kill its that a member of TBRC disacarged a firearm recklessly and wounded a creature whatever it may be. The TBRC is proud of their efforts, never have they said we are sorry for wounding one we failed it wont happen again. There has been no remorse for their actions, only pride.

How do you know the shot wasn't attainable? Or safe? The hope was that the shot would be extremely unsafe for the target. Nothing was shot except the intended target (which was positively identified) and a few trees. The most ethical hunters out there have all at one time or another had a shot that didn't go as planned. Poop happens. Screws fall out. It's an imperfect world. You seem awfully certain of the TBRC's motivations and the mental and emotional states of those involved. I can't help wondering how you might have arrived at your conclusions.

Fantastic. Boating accidents? Horses crushing hunters heads?? Googling hunting accidents in 2009 is the lamest attempt at proving whatever point you're trying to make and really has nothing to do with this being that there was no accident. And slandering Daryl Colyer by accusing him of a crime without even coming close to being a witness is unbelievable. It looks like you're much more interested in getting all hunting banned. I have an idea, why don't you start a petition to have firearms and hunting banned that way you can prevent anyone from doing something you don't agree with. What you should do is go up to a police officer and ask him if it's legal to shoot at a Bigfoot. Let me know how that goes. As far as the claims from people feeling like the shooting was so close to the couple that they feel threatened, and in danger, it's pretty safe to assume that the gunshots were loud. Any gunshots within a quarter mile are going to be alarming if you didn't expect them. Also, please do keep up the "boy in a suit" theory, it continues to highlight your total disregard for accuracy. What you should do is stand by your dog, or cat. Take 30 paces and turn around. What does it look like to you? A groundhog? Turkey? What do you think something like Mr. Valuev would look like at that distance? Exactly.

Well if at 30 paces you cant tell what you're shooting at then dont shoot.

The list is just the 2009 year of hunting accidents. As per conversation it does show that people do get mistaken and killed for animals such as turkey. Contrary to popular belief on here, statistics also show that every upright creature ever shot in the United States was human.

Interesting that you only quoted half my post.

The statistics you quote wouldn't reflect shootings of potential sasquatch that may have happened but are not investigated or confirmed by the author(s) of said statistics.

I'd be curious to know how many humans have been shot by bigfoot hunters after being recklessly mistaken for a sasquatch. I think that would be an enlightening statistic.

SS,

Every heard the tick tick noise rounds make coming thru a forest!!!! It's not fun and the guys doing the shooting were "hunters"!! I can't even get my head around anyone shooting at anything on two legs unless its really close or has it's own gun pointed at you but that's just me! :)

I've had bullets whiz past my head in the past while walking outside with my dogs.

That's really scary.

Guys/Gals, Offer solutions. Each of you have posted several posts against what happened.

Everyone knows that mistakes were made.

Why don't we problem solve and stop bashing people over the head who overreacted to a situation.They have been bashed plenty since this occurred.

Personally I truly don't know how I would have reacted.

Everyone knows members are distressed about this shooting.

Let's problem solve it.

Enough complaining has occurred for all of us to understand your legitimate concerns.

Now, What advice (besides don't empty your gun and know what you are shooting at, and what's behind it) would you give? :D

Wait a second, I never said Art wasnt fair or is a bad guy. Has has been very nice to me and like I said there was no disrespect meant. But Art is the "police" and "judge" on here and since his duties are to enforce things and his bias I feel has gotten in the way of letting this conversation unfold fairly. If you went to court for an offense woud'nt you want the judge to be unbiased? Yes I think you would.

Let me correct you on something: Art is not the police and judge, he's the police. The forum rules are the judge, or the yardstick he has to use when correcting posters like you and me.

The judge (forum rules) are unbiased. You "feel" Art's duties should disallow him being able to have a personal opinion. Art's bias is no different from yours... You're not the only one to have an opinion. The fact he's a mod is just a convenient circumstance, allowing you to suggest that he keep his opinion to himself while you are free to spew all of the baseless rhetoric you care to spew.

No, you never said that Art was a bad guy. You only accused him of abusing his position as a moderator... no disrespect intended, of course! LOL!

The conversation seems to have unfolded quite fairly. You just don't like the way it has went thus far. Pitty.

How do you know the shot wasn't attainable? Or safe? The hope was that the shot would be extremely unsafe for the target. Nothing was shot except the intended target (which was positively identified) and a few trees. The most ethical hunters out there have all at one time or another had a shot that didn't go as planned. Poop happens. Screws fall out. It's an imperfect world. You seem awfully certain of the TBRC's motivations and the mental and emotional states of those involved. I can't help wondering how you might have arrived at your conclusions.

Its not hard to put myself in their shoes. I have been in the field many many times looking for BF. If I am out in the woods with a shotgun and I see one through the trees what benefit will I gain from opening fire on it? Nothing except the fame and fortune of being the guy that finally got the BF. Thats what the motivation is, not research and protection. Theres too many other ways to go about evidence collection if youre trying to protect them. It would have been just as easy to have had a camera instead of a gun. But apparently it would have been to far for a camera to prove it exsists, so a shotgun is the next obvious choice.

Let me correct you on something: Art is not the police and judge, he's the police. The forum rules are the judge, or the yardstick he has to use when correcting posters like you and me.

The judge (forum rules) are unbiased. You "feel" Art's duties should disallow him being able to have a personal opinion. Art's bias is no different from yours... You're not the only one to have an opinion. The fact he's a mod is just a convenient circumstance, allowing you to suggest that he keep his opinion to himself while you are free to spew all of the baseless rhetoric you care to spew.

No, you never said that Art was a bad guy. You only accused him of abusing his position as a moderator... no disrespect intended, of course! LOL!

The conversation seems to have unfolded quite fairly. You just don't like the way it has went thus far. Pitty.

Nope didnt accuse him of abusing his position, that was never said or implied. I feel that his opinion on the subject could cloud his judgment. This is a conflict of intrest for him. What if you went to court and the judge doesnt like tall hairy people. And unfortunately you fit the discription, That there is a conflict of intrest and the judge who wont be able to come to a decision fairly shouldnt be involved in that particular case. That is my point, it has nothing to do with Arts character, I am sure he is a good person. And no I am not unhappy with the way this is going, I am just fine with it

Guest Cervelo

Bdh25,

Way to stick to your guns! But Com'on man don't you think when this many members call ya out you might just have stepped in a pile of doo-doo? I say scrap it off and call it a day and let's get back on topic shall we? If you got that big a problem with Art report it but I for one am tired of the BS!

There now ya got something to report! :)

Its not hard to put myself in their shoes. I have been in the field many many times looking for BF. If I am out in the woods with a shotgun and I see one through the trees what benefit will I gain from opening fire on it? Nothing except the fame and fortune of being the guy that finally got the BF. Thats what the motivation is, not research and protection. Theres too many other ways to go about evidence collection if youre trying to protect them. It would have been just as easy to have had a camera instead of a gun. But apparently it would have been to far for a camera to prove it exsists, so a shotgun is the next obvious choice.

I must be extra dense today, so help me out. How is it you know what their motivation is? You seem awfully cocksure.

We've got pictures, video, and film. It hasn't done much to prove these creature's existence. A body seals the deal.

Edited by Bonehead74