Tbrc Operation Endurance Report

^^^ would YOU stick a needle in him Susi !! ??? (or try to clip/yank out some of his hair ??) No thanks !

Everyone just say's to him "Good Day Mr Valuev, so nice to see you Mr Valuev !!"

Do you have any idea of how many hunters get shot every year by being mistaken for things like ground hogs and turkey?

Try "squirrel" even. We just had a man in my county a few weeks ago shot with a .22 round. He was was in a tree stand, waving a hand to warn the people he saw coming pointing the rifle, that he was up there.

They 'swear' they saw a squirrel in the tree running along the branch. It was 'him'. Last time the news talked about him, he was still in serious condition with an abdominal wound.

:blink: Art, When I first read this account, I was frightened by this occurrence also, and I carried on about it for a little while posting my very fearful and traumatized postings.

Bipto helped me to get a handle on what and how this really happened, and that no human was injured, perhaps scared,but no injuries.

I feel badly about the injury to the BF, and I'm hopeful that due to the distance from the shooter to the BF, that the BF's heavy musculature may have stopped the bullets from causing deep penetration fatal or severe injuries.

While I'm not thrilled with this situation, I'm not traumatized anymore thanks to our members explaining things to me so that I could understand exactly what did happen, and how and why it happened, which I still deeply appreciate them doing for me. :wub: .

I suspect other members, new members, and young members will also come to terms with this situation, and will learn from it as I am sure all of us have, and move on to safer hunting practices in the future.

No human was injured. The BF was injured, but with the distance from the shooter, he could recover from his injuries to his musculature, but I could worry about secondary infections.

A bloodhound would have been really handy to have around that day.

Bipto, Do you ever run dogs with you while searching for a BF, or have them stationed nearby to respond to a quick call for their services?

^^^ would YOU stick a needle in him Susi !! ??? (or try to clip/yank out some of his hair ??) No thanks !

Everyone just say's to him "Good Day Mr Valuev, so nice to see you Mr Valuev !!"

:blush: I'm still in shock from just looking at his picture.

No, I would not be able to draw blood from him because my hands would be shaking uncontrollably. :rolleyes: I'd have to call for backup, big backup,and a Valium for me! :unsure:

Try "squirrel" even. We just had a man in my county a few weeks ago shot with a .22 round. He was was in a tree stand, waving a hand to warn the people he saw coming pointing the rifle, that he was up there.

They 'swear' they saw a squirrel in the tree running along the branch. It was 'him'. Last time the news talked about him, he was still in serious condition with an abdominal wound.

Does anyone know why he did not yell and Identify himself?

Abdominal gunshot wounds are bad wounds. :(

I hope that he makes it through this and recovers well.

You might remember (assuming you have done any of the reading required to have a working understanding of this event) that the TBRC was not the party who made it public to begin with. We came out with the facts only after an inaccurate and incomplete version started to make its way around the internet.

It's the TBRC's story and it reeks fabrication with the same copycat scenario of project / DNA / waiting for results / to be inconclusive. How can anyone ever expect the public to take bigfoot research serious when you have groups doing this and endangering lives for the sake of enticing donations on their website?

This whole incident left me incensed from the minute I saw it posted. With all due respect to your efforts and your organization, Bipto, I truly wish you and everyone involved would sit down and reconsider your position and actions here.

I really believe that, if Sasquatch exists and we are patient, diligent, innovative and tenacious enough, a type-specimen will not be required to prove it to anyone. I even believe that, with enough patience, the type specimen will deliver itself. If we are able to work ourselves into a position to observe them over the long term, nature will provide the body eventually.

First off, what you folks are currently doing is attempting to kill an animal (being?) that means you absolutely no harm. For what purpose? Scientific study? To me, that's a cop-out. The easy, quick way. See my opinion above.

Secondly, this DC dude...the supposed "military experienced" shooter. This guy can't hit a target the size of a bigfoot with a shotgun from 30 yards away and he empties his weapon in the process. I'm sorry, but hours spent playing Call of Duty and spraying everything on the screen with lead non-stop doesn't translate into "military" experience. This guys actions show me absolutely no knowledge or comprehension of fire control or fire discipline. I wouldn't let him loose in the woods with a BB gun, myself. Not around me. What the hell would he have done if this wounded animal decided to come back at him? Hit it over the head with an empty weapon?? He would have got what's coming to him, in my opinion.....

I agree (for a change) with Saskeptic. His actions were irresponsible. They were also incompetent. If you and your group feel they must continue to search to kill one of these creatures, you might want to at least involve competent personnel in that endeavor. At least that way there will be a body instead of an animal wounded and suffering for no valid reason (in my opinion, of course).

Wonderfully said, the question isnt kill/no kill its how TBRC went about it. It was without a doubt an irresponsible discharge of a firearm resulting in the needless suffering of a BF.

Edited by Bdh25

Exactly. Everyone please listen to the voices of reason. So let me get this straight, people are mistaken for 8 inch groundhogs or birds? It sounds like they don't stand a chance ever stepping out into the field. I guess I would probably feel better knowing he got a look at a seven foot creature, at least it's a little harder to miss.

2009 "Harvested" or "taken" list

NY: Hunter shot - mistaken for a turkey - 29 May 2009

NY: Turkey hunter shoots friend - 22 May 2009

NC: Hunter lucky to be alive after being shot in the abdomen - 22 May 2009

NM: Boy, 13, killed in hunting accident - 19 May 2009

NY: DEC investigates hunting accident - 16 May 2009

MT: Horses crush hunter's head - 13 May 2009

NY: Arrest made in Montgomery County hunting accident - 12 May 2009

CA: Jury gets Brentwood frog hunting murder case - 12 May 2009

OH: Companion Shoots Firefighter In Hunting Accident - 8 May 2009

TX: Dallas man injured in hunting accident - 8 May 2009

OH - Turkey hunter shot in lower back - 6 May 2009

NY: Turkey hunting accident sends victim to hospital - 5 May 2009

NH: man injured in turkey hunting mishap - 4 May 2009

MI: Mount Pleasant man dies in hunting accident - 2 May 2009

WV: Fatal Investigation Leads to Unrelated Citations - 1 May 2009

VT: Police: teenager killed while turkey hunting - 1 May 2009

OK: Man shot turkey hunting in Wagoner Co. - 30 Apr 2009

WV: Hunter Killed in Lewis County - 29 Apr 2009

WV: Wheeling Man Hospitalized After Hunting Accident - 29 Apr 2009

MA: man arraigned in hunting shooting - 28 Apr 2009

KY: Trooper Injured In Hunting Accident - 24 Apr 2009

KS: Man shot with arrow during hunting expedition - 24 Apr 2009

CT: Man who killed friend won't get hunting license - 24 Apr 2009

HI: Man gets jail term for role in fatal hunting accident - 20 Apr 2009

NJ: Man shot in face in West Milford hunting accident - 14 Apr 2009

TX: Teen killed while turkey hunting - 8 Apr 2009

OH: Hunter shot, loses eye - 7 Apr 2009

TX: Hunting accident claims life of BHS student - 7 Apr 2009

VA: Bedford man dies in hunting accident - 31 Mar 2009

AR: 19-year-old killed in hunting accident - 31 Mar 2009

TN: Man shot while hunting for turkeys - 28 Mar 2009

FL: Hunter misses turkey, shoots himself - 27 Mar 2009

SC: Man fatally shot north of Walhalla while hunting - 21 Mar 2009

NY: Duck hunter shot - 5 Mar 2009

OR: 13-Year Old Silverton Boy Shot in Neck While Hunting - 3 Mar 2009

MI: Mother of shooting victim from Oceana County faces shooter in court - 2 Mar 2009

WV: 16-year old's life cut short - 2 Mar 2009

OH: Writer chronicles tree-stand catastrophe - 27 Feb 2009

PA: Hunter charged in fatal accident - 26 Feb 2009

AL: Former university president OK after hunting accident - 25 Feb 2009

IA: Coyote hunter shot - 22 Feb 2009

FL: Hunter shot while hunting rabbits - 21 Feb 2009

NJ: Man killed while hunting illegally - 20 Feb 2009

ND: Hunter: 'Dude, I shot myself' - 10 Feb 2009

FL: Hunting accident this takes the life of a 57-year-old woman - 8 Feb 2009

IN: Goose hunter dies in boating accident - 3 Feb 2009

VA: 10-year-old boy killed in Campbell County shooting - 3 Feb 2009

Now throw in "lets shoot creatures that walk like man" and watch this list grow.

post-1423-073868400 1321564867_thumb.jpg

I want this man that wrote the story on the TBRC website to ask a police officer if it's legal to kill a prankster if he's wearing a good costume.

Art, thank you once again for your ever vigilant critique of one of my posts. I stand corrected on the distance. Ok, it was 90-100 ft, as I meant to say, not 90-

100yds as I posted.

However, I don't give a mule muffin if it had been 50ft. The man lost his composure (and don't say he didn't) and emptied his weapon, obviously not in a calm,

collected manner, into the woods in a rather fast attempt to kill "what ever it was". If he had observed this walking creature well enough to determine it's

identity, he should have had sufficient time to draw a proper bead on "it" before firing even one round. Instead, this was done using snap judgement, and an

instant decision to fire was chosen. I wonder how many civilians would have "expired" had he been negotiating "Hogans Alley". Safety and responsibility are first.

If the target is lost, at least everyone else is safe.

As I stated previously, I am not talking kill/no kill here, I'm talking basic gun safety and discipline here. There is no argument that trumps that! Not just my

opinion. -Knuck

2009 "Harvested" or "taken" list

NY: Hunter shot - mistaken for a turkey - 29 May 2009

NY: Turkey hunter shoots friend - 22 May 2009

NC: Hunter lucky to be alive after being shot in the abdomen - 22 May 2009

NY: Arrest made in Montgomery County hunting accident - 12 May 2009

OH: Companion Shoots Firefighter In Hunting Accident - 8 May 2009

OH - Turkey hunter shot in lower back - 6 May 2009

VT: Police: teenager killed while turkey hunting - 1 May 2009

OK: Man shot turkey hunting in Wagoner Co. - 30 Apr 2009

MA: man arraigned in hunting shooting - 28 Apr 2009

KS: Man shot with arrow during hunting expedition - 24 Apr 2009

CT: Man who killed friend won't get hunting license - 24 Apr 2009

HI: Man gets jail term for role in fatal hunting accident - 20 Apr 2009

NJ: Man shot in face in West Milford hunting accident - 14 Apr 2009

OH: Hunter shot, loses eye - 7 Apr 2009

TN: Man shot while hunting for turkeys - 28 Mar 2009

SC: Man fatally shot north of Walhalla while hunting - 21 Mar 2009

NY: Duck hunter shot - 5 Mar 2009

OR: 13-Year Old Silverton Boy Shot in Neck While Hunting - 3 Mar 2009

MI: Mother of shooting victim from Oceana County faces shooter in court - 2 Mar 2009

PA: Hunter charged in fatal accident - 26 Feb 2009

AL: Former university president OK after hunting accident - 25 Feb 2009

IA: Coyote hunter shot - 22 Feb 2009

FL: Hunter shot while hunting rabbits - 21 Feb 2009

FL: Hunting accident this takes the life of a 57-year-old woman - 8 Feb 2009

Now throw in "lets shoot creatures that walk like man" and watch this list grow.

post-1423-073868400 1321564867_thumb.jpg

I want this man that wrote the story on the TBRC website to ask a police officer if it's legal to kill a prankster if he's wearing a good costume.

Look theres a Bigfoot! BOOM BOOM, Ooops!

Edited by Bdh25

C'on guys, hindsight is 20/20.

Everyone learned from it, have moved on and made the changes necessary to avoid future similar events.

It's easy to tell someone what they did wrong in our personal opinions, but I was not there.I've come to know the people from this event, changes were made, and I doubt that anything like this will occur again.

I don't know how I would react in a situation such as this one. I'm trained to react in emergencies, and I was dog gone good at it, but this is so out of the norm that how can I judge them, because I'd probably would have panicked also and tried to kill it from fear.

I'm trained to react appropriately in emergencies, perhaps these groups need to do training runs with fake BF encounters so that they have a frame of reference to react from next time~! Bipto, Do you guys practice encounters?

2009 "Harvested" or "taken" list:

Not to be overly pedantic, but all the quotes above have little bearing on the debate, unless of course your argument is with hunting or carrying a firearm afield. They're padding. Also, there are many hunting-related 'accidents' (as mentioned in your headlines) that do not involve a person shot by another. I don't think 'Horses crush hunter's head' is germane to the discussion.

Perhaps you should add 'Unsuspecting straw man ambushed on obscure internet forum' to your list.

Edited by Bonehead74

Look theres a Bigfoot! BOOM BOOM, Ooops!

Oh, brother.

Once again you've taken the most extreme and illogical stance on this subject. Allow me to interject a little logic into the discussion.

Right or wrong, the guy shot at what he identified as a Bigfoot. OK, so what can we determine from where we stand now as armchair quarterbacks?

- He attempted to collect a type specimen and failed.

- He attempted to collect a type specimen, but it was one of those goofy, silly young pranksters in a suit. He deposited a load of buckshot in that stupid, young tush. LOL!

This was no hunting accident, so the painfully minute number of accidents listed previously are irrealevent. Besides, I have never heard of a hunter or sportsman having to look for a zipper before pulling the trigger. Accidents are called accidents because they are unintentional. If a goofy young goon gets a load of buckshot as a reward for his stupidity, then so be it.

Maybe you should stop trying to censor others by attempting to make them feel guilty.

I'd never set out to shoot a Bigfoot, but others would. More power to them if that's how they roll. Not everyone is going to feel as you do in this life, just like you don't share my views.

Guest Cervelo

SS,

Every heard the tick tick noise rounds make coming thru a forest!!!! It's not fun and the guys doing the shooting were "hunters"!! I can't even get my head around anyone shooting at anything on two legs unless its really close or has it's own gun pointed at you but that's just me! :)

I feel pattys info goes to the heart of the subject. Irresponsibility of a firearm used in the field. Shoot and ask questions later was the motto that day.

Susi says:

:blink: Where? Did he point the gun at himself, or shoot himself in the foot?

Did the hunter survive? Did the turkey survive or die of fright?

I'm **NEVER** going into the woods again.

Of course, I've had bullets do a close fly by in my front yard, so who knows what's dangerous or not?

Guest Cervelo

Bdh25,

IMO you couldn't be more misinformed about Art. I would also suggest the report button your post seems to me to be inflammatory and a bit of a cheap shot.