Erickson Project

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

I'll buy the DVD when it comes out. If it's good I'll probably buy at least 10 more as gifts, maybe 20 if the wife doesn't kick too much. I'm all for supporting good research. I guess the first DVD will determine the amount of support I'll throw Erickson's way. From everything I've read and heard thru the grapevine, Adrian is a stand up guy and his intention is to release THE all time best DVD and proof of existence of these creatures. I've said before I hope he has the money shot, I'm betting he has. It's my belief that about the only thing that could stop him is if the DNA study went sour or, someone else presents HD video proof and DNA prior to the release of his DVD. :huh: There are qualified folks trekking the woods every day in hot areas. I hope he hasn't forgotten that this is still a race and there's only 1 first place.

Chris B.

Admin

I hope he has the money shot.

It's clear through the many threads about DNA and the commentary of members much more knowledgeable than me about the subject, that without a type specimen to compare the obtained DNA, we could have another endless debate in our hands.

Edited by gigantor

Guest ShadowPrime

Color me skeptical but hopeful.

I can understand a CERTAIN amount of "promotion" being involved. Unless you are the "purest" of scientists, you might well want to use a discovery like this to insure a measure of fame, celebrity, and yes, profit. I don't think that is necessarily inconsistent with a non-hoaxer. HOWEVER...

Like I said... skeptical...but hopeful.

Shadow

BFF Patron

Well the pointed teeth:fangs description would certainly describe the damage seen on one of my portable digital sound recorders......but that sure is creepy and I sorta of hope they are wrong about that.

Admin

I hope Janice Carter is not in the Documentary.

There is definitely a need to garner attention. If you had real footage, what would happen if you just threw it up on youtube only telling a few people. A few people might find it and throw it on here. However it would likely fade away without much attention. I'm not sure why some publicity should count against them.

Also, if this was really only about the money, why wait five years to release something. From what I understand he is a successful business owner. That is where he made the money to buy the properties and pay the people on his team. Somehow I don't think money is the motive. It seems like Erickson has the drive to make the species known and happened to have the money to make it happen.

Exactly my thoughts as well! Perhaps they have something MORE than just a "money shot", something that will actually further the research and garner attention from the scientific community.

I'll buy the DVD when it comes out. If it's good I'll probably buy at least 10 more as gifts, maybe 20 if the wife doesn't kick too much. I'm all for supporting good research. I guess the first DVD will determine the amount of support I'll throw Erickson's way. From everything I've read and heard thru the grapevine, Adrian is a stand up guy and his intention is to release THE all time best DVD and proof of existence of these creatures. I've said before I hope he has the money shot, I'm betting he has. It's my belief that about the only thing that could stop him is if the DNA study went sour or, someone else presents HD video proof and DNA prior to the release of his DVD. :huh: There are qualified folks trekking the woods every day in hot areas. I hope he hasn't forgotten that this is still a race and there's only 1 first place.

Chris B.

It's not going to be on cable at the very least? If they got the hardcore stuff they say they do wouldn't National Geographic or Discovery be salivating over this? Just keep it away from the History Channel please.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

I doubt it Ronnie, I'll bet Erickson will want the $ from DVD sales before it hits the networks. My bet is he's going to use the Bigfoot DNA publicity reported on the news networks to promote the DVD sales. That's what I'd do, Worldwide advertisment of the subject and free too.

Chris B.

Guest Fanofsquatch

I think turning it over to Discovery or NatGeo would be a mistake. They will take it in a commercial direction. If they have the be all end all footage and are building a documentary around that, great but unless the DVD sells for $500 each I doubt he will recover much money. Five years and counting makes you wonder if it was a one time thing and they are desperatly trying to get more footage to make a DVD or if infighting has stalled it alltogether. I probably will buy it but I have flashbacks to the Bobby Clarke Manitoba footage. Huge promo = poor footage.

I hear ya Chris, but if I was him I be worried about the bootleg market, especially if he's going to charge an arm and a leg for the DVD, you know there will be folks willing to do anything to see the DVD including illegally.

Fanofsquatch - if Erickson has video that rivals the PFG and compelling DNA evidence as claimed, I'd imagine he could dictate the terms of production, even to the point of airing it as he sees fit because either way this could a ratings monster for any channel that airs it.

Admin

The "money shot" -if there is one-will be all over youtube. That'll cut into sales for sure.

How will this footage and the DNA actually change anything in science? It may sell a few DVD's to BF/crypto fans and be the subject to a few reapeats on discovery (or History channel :o ), but who with any scientific weight will stand up and state on primetime tv news that a previously undiscovered hominin is living on your doorstep and therefore everything you ever knew has just changed and you had just better get used to it! Nobody in my house is interested in seeing the real thing (not for long anyway).

Has the government shown any interest? after all they may have been trying to keep this a secret for years.

What about the forestry commission?

Loss of land to logging rights? what are the loggers saying?

The police? they have either catalogued a number of call outs or have actively debunked them (?)

Native americans? what do they think?

Which human geneticist will everyone sit up and listen too? From the way Ketchum & co have been described by some as 'the vet' and 'the bug doctor' are these scientists too much on the fringe to make a difference? Just wondering out loud folks. Actually i wonder if much will change at all! :(

Megatarsal. I want to agree and disagree with you at the same time. Apparently the skepticism is still high. Even Erickson has admitted that scientists have raised the bar. That is why they are persuing DNA. So you are justified in thinking this may not change things. There will certainly be many who will not be willing to change their position because they have gone on the record saying the idea is ridiculous.

However, if they do get a DNA sequence from many locations as well as new footage that will help more scientists cross the line. I also think it will excite the imagination of more people and organizations with the means to support better research. Even Saskeptic is arguing in another thread that clear video will be sufficient to get more serious attention.

Orang