Erickson Project

I believe BF exist 100%. Personally I hope some easygoing farmer or other rural type person comes up with the proof of BF... DNA, film, etc. I'm tired of the circus acts, the fame seekers, the big build up with no results is old and tired. Even if Erickson has proof I don't like the build up. Maybe when all is said and done I'll see it differently.

I frankly haven't seen any "build up". More like the opposite, the players in the Erickson project have been quiet and not performed "circus acts" and been "fame seekers", the commentators have been the ones that talk about it incessantly with their suppositions and uninformed theories in my opinion.

For the record the Olympic Project has no affiliation with the Erickson Project we merely have submitted samples to Dr. Ketchum’s study. There are other groups and individuals that have submitted samples as well and there are many many samples from all over the place.

This DNA study is broad, in total the Olympic Project either submitted or assisted in the submission of six samples (hopefully all distinct), all from the west coast, mostly from the Olympic Peninsula.

Guest Sallaranda

I think many of you have to keep in mind the audience that Erikson is attempting to reach with this documentary. We are not the audience. Far from it, in fact. He will be trying to influence the thousands of people who don't spend even an ounce of time contemplating the existence of Bigfoot, and he will be trying to influence the thousands of people who refuse to open their mind to the possibility that Bigfoot could exist. The trailer, the credentials, the scientists, everything has to be done on a grandeur stage in order to bolster some attention and some serious consideration.

Erikson is going for the kill on this one. He wants his documentary to be the final nail in the coffin in a half a century of searching for conclusive evidence that Bigfoot exists. He's going for the home run here, folks...and he might just have it.

Guess we'll all have to stay tuned. Right now, I'll put money they've got something big that they're saving up. They want the whole world (or as much of it as they can) to tune in when they reveal it.

Admin

Like I said, I hope they do, but I've seen this act many times before and I have low expectations based on past performances. Time will tell.

Admin

According to Bindernagel, he's seen footage of a bigfoot in a video associated with this project (which IIRC was an unintentional slip of the tongue), Meldrum claimed on Coast to Coast AM that he's seen the same footage and I believe he said "If it's real then it's quite compelling" or words of that nature. Todd Standing has been in and out of the "News" for several years and to my knowledge has never come through with anything definitive. If I'm wrong about that in the future, I'll gladly eat some crow- but I don't see it happening. My opinion on Erickson's target audience is right here. The good folks that frequent this forum, the same folks that will go out and spend money buying books, documentaries and all types of Bigfoot paraphernalia. I think the general public who doesn't think about Bigfoot now, is still not going to think about Bigfoot when this documentary comes out unless Erickson puts a body in it. JMO

Guest JeffreyJay

I frankly haven't seen any "build up". More like the opposite, the players in the Erickson project have been quiet and not performed "circus acts" and been "fame seekers", the commentators have been the ones that talk about it incessantly with their suppositions and uninformed theories in my opinion.

I jumped the gun and am sorry for that. My frustration is no excuse for saying what I did about Erickson and I apologize to him.

Guest Sallaranda

According to Bindernagel, he's seen footage of a bigfoot in a video associated with this project (which IIRC was an unintentional slip of the tongue), Meldrum claimed on Coast to Coast AM that he's seen the same footage and I believe he said "If it's real then it's quite compelling" or words of that nature. Todd Standing has been in and out of the "News" for several years and to my knowledge has never come through with anything definitive. If I'm wrong about that in the future, I'll gladly eat some crow- but I don't see it happening. My opinion on Erickson's target audience is right here. The good folks that frequent this forum, the same folks that will go out and spend money buying books, documentaries and all types of Bigfoot paraphernalia. I think the general public who doesn't think about Bigfoot now, is still not going to think about Bigfoot when this documentary comes out unless Erickson puts a body in it. JMO

I have heard the same thing. Although I don't agree with your opinion on Erikson's target audience. He seems a tad egotistical and in my opinion that may lead him to want to take the glory in discovering Sasquatch. That glory can only be attained by reaching out to the general public. Regardless, that's not important to us, the viewer.

My Uncle's good friend used to be a work associate of Jeff Meldrum, and I just sent my Uncle an email asking him if he could contact Dr. Meldrum and try to find out what he knows of this documentary. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything back.

Guest wudewasa

My Uncle's good friend used to be a work associate of Jeff Meldrum, and I just sent my Uncle an email asking him if he could contact Dr. Meldrum and try to find out what he knows of this documentary. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything back.

When Meldrum spoke in IN, one of the first questions posed by audience members was "What do you know about the Erickson Project?" He answered that he had signed a NDA, so he couldn't say much. The reaction of certain people in the crowd was priceless, it was as if he told them that the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus didn't exist!

Of course, I have the DNA of Santa, the Easter Bunny AND the Tooth Fairy: BUY MY DVD TO LEARN MORE!!!!!

The Bigfoot community cannot be the sole target demographic for this documentary as we are not large enough to generate the money to pay off a 5 year research investment with multiple people and the expensive technologies involved. Undeniable video of Sasquatch = ratings = money. If there is evidence worth its weight in gold, then the general public becomes the target demographic. The general public venue is undoubtedly broadcast television; Discovery, National Geographic or one of the major networks.

Here was my thoughts on the target audience for the Erickson Project back from when the original trailer was released in October 2010.

SSR Team

... not to mention Dr. Bindernagel could've chosen Jane Goodall or any number of biologists to write the forward for his new book. (quite a prestigious honor in my opinion.) It speaks volumes that he chose Dr. Leila Hadj-Chikh, Project Scientist for the Erickson Project.

I found that very positive too..

Now comes a video allegedly depicting the "Top Ten" Bigfoot videos of all time, with the number one video not being show, being described as being released with the Erickson project. It was submitted by an anonymous poster somewhere and it appeared on the FB Facebook group. They're contending it may have been the Erickson project itself that did the video, although it looks a bit amateurish to come from the Erickson camp.

Sure shaping up to be an interesting year.

The video seems to be made by the folks who run the bigfoot Facebook page. They claim they were lucky enough to view one of the Erickson Project clips, and describe what they saw. I went to You Tube and searched "top ten bigfoot videos of all time" and it showed up second from the top, posted just a couple of days ago. It's the only video upload from this user.

I jumped the gun and am sorry for that. My frustration is no excuse for saying what I did about Erickson and I apologize to him.

I am sure he appreciates your apology, Jeff. Thanks for not taking offense at my post. It has been a long and very frustrating wait for all of us and no doubt for the parties involved. Serious research projects usually take time though. I think that if they were really just in it for the notoriety and the money they would have stopped the project with the pancake video. I appreciate them for investing the time and money they have to learn as much as they can and look forward to the eventual release of their findings.