Erickson Project

You know, I don't get the whole approach, if you have something to tell or show, tell it or show it and be done with it. I don't want someone to decide for me what I'm looking at or if I'm worthy to look at it. Take the video, or whatever it is, and put it in the recycle bin for all I care. This isn't anything new, I've heard about the fanged female bigfoot they supposedly got a video of awhile back in this project.

Edited by Jodie

Guest Yeti1974

You know, I don't get the whole approach, if you have something to tell or show, tell it or show it and be done with it. I don't want someone to decide for me what I'm looking at or if I'm worthy to look at it.

ApplausePeople.gif

Guest gershake

Anyone know who the artist is? there is a signiture. It doesnt look like Pat barker

Great question! :)

- Shake

BFF Patron

The only people buying 20 copies will be those that successfully contributed to the key to the end-game if that is what comes down. :ph34r:

Guest Sallaranda

Thanks for posting the video BobbyO.

It's interesting to see how so many folks are getting excited about the release of this DVD. "Leaking" purported descriptions about the face of a bigfoot is a good marketing technique. Comparing this supposed unreleased footage to other "best in show" films of purported sasquatches is another excellent way to sell a product.

Whenever money is involved, I don't expect much. It would make a lot of sense for Erickson to release some footage, get the people hooked on the product, and then release additional footage in another DVD for an additional price. Then he can release a DVD with both videos, commentary from experts and additional footage in a DVD extra! That's what film companies do with movies, and a smart business man would follow suit.

How Erickson wants to handle things is his prerogative, and ultimately, we will judge the footage when it is released. I just wonder how he will keep the prime snippets from reaching the internet for free?

I know you're frustrated with the build up and hype preceding the Erickson documentary, but here's my take on it. This documentary has the purpose of attracting as much attention as possible. Erickson and co. will do everything in their power to ensure that as many people as possible know about this documentary before they release it. This means trailers, teasers, but nothing substantial released prior to the documentary itself. It's good marketing, sure, but I think the bottom line here is to garner attention. It's not all about the money.

Guest Sallaranda

Sure there is. The whole point of this project is, I assure you, to advance the research in Bigfoot. Be it through the scientific community funding future projects, to the general public more widely accepting Bigfoot's existence.

The average citizen has never seen, nor heard about the Patterson-Gimlin film. Erickson's footage needs to be something that the average citizen will end up seeing. As I said, they are clearly going for the home run here. I'm sure they will be expecting themselves to be on the front page of some newspapers and magazines.

Sure there is. The whole point of this project is, I assure you, to advance the research in Bigfoot. Be it through the scientific community funding future projects, to the general public more widely accepting Bigfoot's existence.

The average citizen has never seen, nor heard about the Patterson-Gimlin film. Erickson's footage needs to be something that the average citizen will end up seeing. As I said, they are clearly going for the home run here. I'm sure they will be expecting themselves to be on the front page of some newspapers and magazines.

I would never say that, I think most people have seen the film. But after the Georgia hoax they do need to be careful how they go about this.

Guest JeffreyJay

I am sure he appreciates your apology, Jeff. Thanks for not taking offense at my post. It has been a long and very frustrating wait for all of us and no doubt for the parties involved. Serious research projects usually take time though. I think that if they were really just in it for the notoriety and the money they would have stopped the project with the pancake video. I appreciate them for investing the time and money they have to learn as much as they can and look forward to the eventual release of their findings.

No problem Sasky - I too am looking forward to the day to the release of their findings.

Guest wudewasa

I would never say that, I think most people have seen the film. But after the Georgia hoax they do need to be careful how they go about this.

Exactly, and that is the pattern that I see leading up to the release of this supposed "epic footage." I am in no way accusing Erickson or his team to be hoaxers, but there are people that will be let down no matter how good the footage is, if it exists. A type specimen is the Holy Grail of squatchery.

Sallaranda, it's always about the money, and I'm not condemning that fact. Erickson has invested quite a bit of his finances and time into this project, and wants to recoup his losses. Making extra is good, if you are running a for profit venture.

As far as the "What will happen if all this is true?" question, the proverbial can of worms will be opened and quite a few sections of our society will have to manage the results.

There is definitely a need to garner attention. If you had real footage, what would happen if you just threw it up on youtube only telling a few people. A few people might find it and throw it on here. However it would likely fade away without much attention. I'm not sure why some publicity should count against them.

Also, if this was really only about the money, why wait five years to release something. From what I understand he is a successful business owner. That is where he made the money to buy the properties and pay the people on his team. Somehow I don't think money is the motive. It seems like Erickson has the drive to make the species known and happened to have the money to make it happen.

Guest Sallaranda

There is definitely a need to garner attention. If you had real footage, what would happen if you just threw it up on youtube only telling a few people. A few people might find it and throw it on here. However it would likely fade away without much attention. I'm not sure why some publicity should count against them.

Also, if this was really only about the money, why wait five years to release something. From what I understand he is a successful business owner. That is where he made the money to buy the properties and pay the people on his team. Somehow I don't think money is the motive. It seems like Erickson has the drive to make the species known and happened to have the money to make it happen.

Thank-you for posting my thoughts in words I couldn't quite pull together myself. ;) I agree 100%