Erickson Project

I've been trying to post a direct link to the old trailer, but it keeps getting rejected. I'll keep trying. Bipedalist, the old trailer was much more dramatic, with Erickson asking Leila Hadj-Chikh if she would "stake her life" on the fact that sasquatch is real, or something of that nature. It also didn't include Bindernagel or Meldrum like the new one.

Speaking of Leila Hadj-Chikh, she's also on the documentary "The Wildman of Kentucky" very briefly, doing some field research.

Edited by Efrum

BFF Patron

Yes, I now remember the old trailer thanks for the reminder.

Well, it seems like everybody is in on this. The new trailer has interviews from all the big names in the field. It seems like Erickson has brought in everybody in on this to some degree. It appears like they do have something fairly significant and Erickson is trying to amass a lot of support for the big unveiling. I kind of doubt all of these big names would gone in with this if there was nothing there. DNA and some new HD video could very well step us forward.

This trailer is very different and not so over the top like the other one. It seems like they are toning it down a little which is a good sign.

Orang

BFF Patron

Another thought went through my mind on the sylvanic crowd link and that was toddster45 lobbied Canadian government in constructing legislative efforts/petitions (even though unsuccessful) maybe that would be an advantage in his function as well.

Guest wudewasa

The hype around this "project" is tiresome. When the evidence is presented, I'll listen. Until then, this resembles the circus of the GA freezer farce.

Put up or shut up.

Hi wudewasa, I understand where you're coming from 100% but I feel that while some of us here as lifelong believers and/or enthusiasts have been hearing about this for five years may be in "put-up-or-shut-up" mode (myself included at times), we have to take into consideration that most people have no clue about any of this. On that note, I say if the goods are on their way, let him promote! Personally, my fingers are crossed, and I'm praying that someday before I die I'll be able to be in "I-told-you-so" mode. Lol.

Guest wudewasa

Efrum,

Hope is not a plan. Either Erickson has the goods or he doesn't. How much money he sunk into land acquisition, a research team and boxes of pancake batter doesn't matter.

I don't understand why so many of you overanalyze a teaser trailer that divulges nothing. DNA from an unknown animal is just that- it doesn't describe bigfoot, as there is no type specimen to compare the "unknown" DNA with.

Edited by wudewasa

BFF Patron

Well, things went quiet for a long time, now they are editing their spelling mistakes in trailers and adding links, me-thinks something is up with the quality PCR and sequencing of several good samples; maybe it's simply marketing....I'm sure this documentary is not going to be free like the Olympic Project information (and if substantial investments have been made why would anyone expect it to be). If southernyahoo is right in the other dna threads, with the proviso's in the previous sentence applied, then I think insertion on the approximate branch or branchlet--tree of life may be at least possible. Don't know enough about the polymorphism arguments to care about that right now.

Just glad to see a little bit of movement. Like Efrum I'm one of those that would appreciate some answers in my life-time. If it is a Biscardi-like or Rick-Matt hoax fiasco I'll be more disappointed than usual, but I'll roll with the punches.

Bipedalist, I honestly don't feel a Rick-Matt scenario with this. If I had the money that Erickson has, I'd do exactly the same thing. I'd spend it on trying to find real sasquatch evidence. I may be setting myself up for a letdown, but there are simply too many people endorsing this that are important to the bigfoot community. Green is one of the Four Horsemen, the very foundation of bigfoot research, and without Bindernagel and Meldrum we wouldn't be able to argue as many valid points to nay-sayers. Seriously, I don't think we'll ever see Jeff Meldrum posting a video of himself burning a John Bindernagel book à la Ricky Dyer. Lol. These people are at the forefront, and I believe them to be smart and most importantly, honest. I know my glass is always half full, but there's a big difference in being realistically optimistic and being gullible.

Guest gershake

I know my glass is always half full, but there's a big difference in being realistically optimistic and being gullible.

Happy to hear that! Personally, I'm looking forward to this enormously, but for me it's because I'm gullible. :D

- Shake

Admin

It's the sepia toned sketch of the creature at http://www.sasquatchthequest.com/ It's on the left. The only thing I don't see is the small "fangs" in the corners of her mouth described by Mary Green.

That's one ugly bitch!

Admin

... but there are simply too many people endorsing this that are important to the bigfoot community.

I just watched the trailer and I didn't hear any endorsements by Green, Meldrum or even Bindernagel. The comments were generic, not specific to the Erickson project.

We'll see and I hope you're right, but I won't hold my breath; I expect a good documentary with some inconclusive DNA samples, some interesting foot prints and a few above average blobsquatches.

Edited by gigantor

I just watched the trailer and I didn't hear any endorsements by Green, Meldrum or even Bindernagel.

Hi Gigantor! I know Bindernagel had been invited to one of Erickson's sites around '07 and admitted seeing a sasquatch there on several radio shows. He's quick to say that Erickson has something. I'm assuming that he and the rest wouldn't allow their images and comments on a document without some sort of endorsement. Who knows...

... not to mention Dr. Bindernagel could've chosen Jane Goodall or any number of biologists to write the forward for his new book. (quite a prestigious honor in my opinion.) It speaks volumes that he chose Dr. Leila Hadj-Chikh, Project Scientist for the Erickson Project.

Guest JeffreyJay

... not to mention Dr. Bindernagel could've chosen Jane Goodall or any number of biologists to write the forward for his new book. (quite a prestigious honor in my opinion.) It speaks volumes that he chose Dr. Leila Hadj-Chikh, Project Scientist for the Erickson Project.

I believe BF exist 100%. Personally I hope some easygoing farmer or other rural type person comes up with the proof of BF... DNA, film, etc. I'm tired of the circus acts, the fame seekers, the big build up with no results is old and tired. Even if Erickson has proof I don't like the build up. Maybe when all is said and done I'll see it differently.