What Happens To The Poop?

Guest parnassus

What happens to BF feces?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Did you take a picture?

June '74. I was 14 and didn't carry a polaroid.

I was aware of that, hence my comments of astonishment! I think perhaps someone had been raiding a dumpster (pun intended) outside the Exlax factory!

It was steaming fresh, and someone had deposited it with the intent to intimidate. I'm not sure what the height would have been after it had settled and dried.

The point of my response was that their poop may be indistinguishable from that of humans in many cases. The biggest mistake we make, in my opinion, is expecting them to look, behave, and think like animals. Those who enter the woods looking for physical evidence of a creature with animal intelligence and behavior may consistently overlook evidence of a creature with advanced intelligence and behavior, particularly when that evidence may look like it was left by a human.

Maybe they do go in creeks and rivers. I know how I'd feel with no paper around. They don't even have socks!

Is that where the term "monkey butt" came from

Edited by will

BFF Patron

Yeah, well, supposedly they have their own form of lice/louse according to Dranginis' hair analyses in past years, so why not. I've heard investigators/reseachers say that an average BF dropping would

fill a five gallon bucket so that's some deep doo-doo.

Guest krakatoa

It was steaming fresh, and someone had deposited it with the intent to intimidate...

Sounds like a line from a Mickey Spillane novel.

Next time I feel like my space is being invaded, it is so on... :mad:

Guest COGrizzly

I've seen bear poop where I work. Arrowhead Public Safety. I've seen bear poop along side the common roads. Bears even have figured out the garbage pickup dates across the entire Village corridor of Beaver Creek, Bachelor Gulch and Arrowhead. They go where the garbage route goes. These are "garbage bears". There are bears that do not frequent the garbage routes. They stay in the woods. I have never seen bear poop in "the woods" hiking. This leads me to a different question - are there "garbage sasquatches"? Topic will be posted soon.

Point being - a hiker, hunter etc does not see nearly as much scat in the woods as they do next to the road...or on the road or on the trail even. Sasquatches probably poop in the woods where they likely spend the most time...thus much less likely to find/see.

Is BF Catholic ?

Ya see, there ya go with that forbidden topic. What I wanna know is whether the Pope poops in the woods?

?????...................you tell me!

Didn't add the file.......

do over............

Parn,

P.S. I plussed you, Ptomely of poop alliteration! Positively perfect!

post-754-072162800 1325487536_thumb.jpg

Edited by John T

I have, on several occasions, found what I believe to be BF poo. All of it has been in the S. Oregon Cascades, at higher elevations. I don't have pictures any more as it was before I had a digital camera. I have since moved to Africa and don't spend time in those areas anymore. I got rid of old pictures when we moved. I collected a sample once and sent it to Thom Powell. He said that it looked a lot like what BF poo should look like (woo hoo in Ben Stein voice). I am currently in the US for the holidays, but this isn't the time of year to look for poo at elevation.

What I found was just large 'logs' just like what a human would leave, but big. Like almost soda can diameter and a foot and a half long. Loaded full of berries, leaves, and hair. No toilet paper. Just a big turd laying there. Not loose piles like bear. Not pelleted like elk. I almost always found it directly in the middle of the road or path. Like it was left as a sign.

I think BF poo in the woods. I don't think there are tons of squeetch (plural of squatch?) so we don't see it commonly, but I think we see it more often than thought. I just think most just assume it's bear and walk on.

17x7

Guest FuriousGeorge

I'm not sure if this is any sort of correlation but out of all the times I've gone camping, I've never stumbled across anyone's business (human that is). I guess I wasn't really looking and nobody was so kind to leave it on the trails. But I've gone camping a lot. And the people I'm with are taking care of business right near camp so the odds go up, you would think. What a weird thing to think about. Again, not sure of the correlation but there might be one. Is this type of discretion purely a human trait?

I've seen bear poop where I work. Arrowhead Public Safety. I've seen bear poop along side the common roads. Bears even have figured out the garbage pickup dates across the entire Village corridor of Beaver Creek, Bachelor Gulch and Arrowhead. They go where the garbage route goes. These are "garbage bears". There are bears that do not frequent the garbage routes. They stay in the woods. I have never seen bear poop in "the woods" hiking. This leads me to a different question - are there "garbage sasquatches"? Topic will be posted soon.

Point being - a hiker, hunter etc does not see nearly as much scat in the woods as they do next to the road...or on the road or on the trail even. Sasquatches probably poop in the woods where they likely spend the most time...thus much less likely to find/see.

I'm going to emulate someone else's logic here....

There is no bear poop in the woods.

Therefore bears do not poop in the woods (this one turns the world on its head).

Therefore there are no bears in the woods.

Therefore anyone reporting having seen a bear in the woods has prevaricated, been mistaken, or is simply hallucinating in an attempt to live out their dream of seeing a bear in the woods.

your predilection for the primordial poopster perhaps prejudices your predictions and predisposes you to poo poo the principle of parsimony.

I have taken the time to consider that there might have been an exceptionally large person in the woods pretending to be a bigfoot. It doesn't track. I don't believe that the bigfoot in the area would have put up with this.

Ya see, there ya go with that forbidden topic. What I wanna know is whether the Pope poops in the woods?

Literally laughed out loud.

The general rule is people use toilet paper. If a large pile has no paper present, it could be bigfoot, bear ( I think my photo in post 25 is bear poop), or other critter. I doubt there are bigfoot poop-hoaxers defecating in the forest sans toilet paper just to prank other people.

Guest Biggie

Another report stated BF stooped over and let her fly into a creek. So defication into creeks does defer detection during research missions.

That will make me look at sticks twice when I see them floating down a creek now.

Is BF Catholic ?

No because they are never in Mass.