Most Respected Researcher?

Peter Byrne is defiantly at the top of my list. Especially since his book, The Search For Bigfoot, was my first real BF book. Additionally, back in the 70' when he started The Bigfoot Information Center in The Dalles Oregon, I subscribed to The Bigfoot News. A monthly newsletter. Grover Krantz, of course, for his scientific aspect of research and lending credibility to the field. Robert Morgan because he really "gets" it. John Green and Rene Dahinden for all the hours they spent investigating and devoting a large part of their lives to it.

Guitarman, Just a heads up since you like Peter, he has a new book comin' out pretty soon. He was hopin' for a Dec. release but...later always seems ta be the case. New nook is called The Monster Trilogy Guidebook, Hancock House Publishers is where ya can find out more. Myself, I'm lookin' forward to it. :) Pat...

Hey, that's great news! Thanks for the heads up.

"respected bigfoot researcher" is an oxymoron outside the bigfoot community itself. That's like "who's the head laughing-stock today?" I suppose today the best known are the "Four Stooges" of Finding Bigfoot since TV has made them the nearest to household names.

Respect within the community .. depends on which part of the very divided community, "ape camp", "people camp", or "paranormal camp" you tend towards. There are quite a few researchers recognized by all but certainly not respected by all.

I think it most accurate to leave the OP's question unanswered.

MIB

MIB, Well...the question just happened to have been asked within the community...no need for your oxymoron here. A request for opinions...nothin' to complicated. :) Pat...

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Peter Byrne is defiantly at the top of my list. Especially since his book, The Search For Bigfoot, was my first real BF book. Additionally, back in the 70' when he started The Bigfoot Information Center in The Dalles Oregon, I subscribed to The Bigfoot News. A monthly newsletter. Grover Krantz, of course, for his scientific aspect of research and lending credibility to the field. Robert Morgan because he really "gets" it. John Green and Rene Dahinden for all the hours they spent investigating and devoting a large part of their lives to it.

Guitarman, Just a heads up since you like Peter, he has a new book comin' out pretty soon. He was hopin' for a Dec. release but...later always seems ta be the case. New nook is called The Monster Trilogy Guidebook, Hancock House Publishers is where ya can find out more. Myself, I'm lookin' forward to it. :) Pat...

Hey, that's great news! Thanks for the heads up.

Guitarman,

Just received Peter's book in mail yesterday, looks interestin', just glimpsed through it.

Pat...

Jeffrey Meldrum; Grover Krantz; John Bindernagel; John Mionczynski; Alton Higgins; Thomas Steenburg; Rick Noll; Rene Dahinden.

John Green stands in a class all by himself.

And let's not forget Patterson and Gimlin, the first to ever go for direct proof of the animal the way scientists do it.

• 5 months later...

I'm not going to read this whole thread, so apologies for any redundancy. This weekend after waaaaay too much couch Squatchin', I have stumbled on the work of Scott Carpenter and his site at the The Bigfoot Field Journal (not sure what rules are about links to groups so do not include on purpose).

This guy is nails. He's a comptuer guy by profession, and his technological breakdowns/explanations are outstanding. He has a breakdown of infrasound that explains the phenomenon very clearly. He had a field experience where he more or less has a memory lapse due to being hit with infrasound. Only after discovering a shot of BF in his video some time later does he even suspect infrasound was at play. He then gets the technology he needs to break down the audio, and low and behold he realizes what had happened in the field.

He even theorizes that it is BF's use of infrasound that allows them to find and avoid foreign objects like trail cams. Not unlike bats or dolphins using sonar to navigate their world and decipher what's what. Truly groundbreaking work, IMHO. 

• 5 weeks later...

Jonathan Poulsen,

By the sounds of it, I'm guessin' you've never had the pleasure of chit-chatin' with either John or Rene ? Just guessin'. John has always been more than patient, kind an always willin' to share info. an help if he can, my hats off to the man. When Rene got sick an writin' letters was a bit of a chore, he called me up on the phone to respond to questions in a letter I'd sent, you could imagine my surprise. We talked a few times on the phone, never once was he foul-mouthed, nor short tempered. I still chit-chat via emails with Peter every now an again. I did write Grover once, never did hear back from him. Just my two cents, but I don't agree with your opinions of John an Rene, just my opinion.

Pat...

You're probably right. I haven't met either of the four, just read about them. Only adding what I've seen written about them, I'm sure all were/are solid researchers.

^^Fair enough--you obviously don't like the guy--YMMV. As a non-technical person myself, I found his explanations on infrasound particularly informative and had not seen anything like it in my web squatchin'. Plus, I find him to be very straight forward and transparent. Granted, he leans heavily to some of the fringe of the cryptid world (dogman sightings), but I can't hold that against him. The BF world is like an onion and it seems there are many, many layers of possibilities. I have no preconceived expectations, so I appreciate his very open minded approach.

Infrasound

Nothin' wrong with the fringe if it turns out to be right.   The answers are the answers.  

MIB

Guest lightheart

Gotta Know, I like his technique of mounting his video camera on his backpack. He has been able to catch some interesting things by filming with his back to them.

For me it is Branco , he has shared a great deal of information in stunning detail with me and I have found his information to be very helpful and correct in my experience. B)

There are many others that I have great respect for as well , to many to name really.