Most Respected Researcher?

Jonathan Poulsen,

By the sounds of it, I'm guessin' you've never had the pleasure of chit-chatin' with either John or Rene ? Just guessin'. John has always been more than patient, kind an always willin' to share info. an help if he can, my hats off to the man. When Rene got sick an writin' letters was a bit of a chore, he called me up on the phone to respond to questions in a letter I'd sent, you could imagine my surprise. We talked a few times on the phone, never once was he foul-mouthed, nor short tempered. I still chit-chat via emails with Peter every now an again. I did write Grover once, never did hear back from him. Just my two cents, but I don't agree with your opinions of John an Rene, just my opinion.

Pat...

having looked through the thread, rather than repeat what others have said, my question is... why did no one propose David Paulides or Autumn Williams? I'm not saying I'm nominating them, just asking why no one mentioned them.

I do indeed respect Ace! as a highly qualified and intelligent bigfoot researcher. When I think of him, I usually think of Ace Frehley of KISS, who I always had a crush on in high school. I hope he catches bigfoot soon using his "spaceman" abilities and killer electric guitar. GO ACE!

Peter Byrne is my top guy because when I was kid I read his book and even though it gave me nightmares it was informative.

I also like Cliff Barackman and his enthusiasm for the whole thing (his blog is fun to read as well). Honestly, Jeff Meldrum fell a couple of notches when I saw him on the TV show about the cabin in Canada and he said he stayed inside while the camera (?) guy went out for a look around. You were there to get information not hide inside.

I know he's taboo but I even respect Matt Moneymaker because he seems to really believe and stands by those beliefs (please don't hit me!).

A lot of names I'm not familiar with being listed here so I can say I have some research to do.

-samwise

Guest BCCryptid

John Bindernagel, Vancouver island. Very knowledgeable, and he doesn't talk down his nose at you, like some other scientists I know and have met...

Physical anthropologist -- Grover Krantz

Cultural anthropologist -- Kathy Strain

Journalist -- John Green

Field researcher -- Roger Patterson

Photogrammatrist -- Bill Munns

Biologist -- Henner Fahrenbach (soon to be supplanted by Melba Ketchum?)

Organization leader -- Matt Moneymaker

Television personality -- Cliff Barackman

I seemed to have been in awe of the company I keep, tripped an stumbled, an out from my magic bag slipped a few more...kudos !!!

:drinks:

Pat...

Guest Waynescod

Recently Matt Moneymaker has brought more new viewers to the sport than anyone in history. His Finding Bigfoot show has become one of the most popular ever and he has made his way into living rooms around the world. He is fun to watch and he has respect for the field so I give him a thumbs up even if he's not the popular choice on here.

Guest Luckyfoot

Recently Matt Moneymaker has brought more new viewers to the sport than anyone in history.

How did researching BF become a "sport" ? Curious verbage, please elaborate.

Guest Waynescod

How did researching BF become a "sport" ? Curious verbage, please elaborate.

It's a sport to me, all that chasing, hunting, calling... the winner will be the one that gets it. As for Matt well I guess we can call him an extreme Bigfooter like those extreme skiers he is all out Bigfootin.