Time To Capture Bf

Guest drtracr

Guest bobali

BFSleuth;

"If you can hold a BF still while measurements are taken without killing one, the heck with pictures." You, meaning BFSleuth.

bobali

Guest BFSleuth

Not sure of your meaning... are you asking me to hold a BF while you take measurements? Not in my lifetime (which would be shortened by such an attempt)! :)

Just for the record, I have a very good friend that has spent time in Iraq and Afghanistan that is part of military intelligence. Lets try to think about the men and women getting shot at and doing the job. :)

Guest BFSleuth

I'm not sure what cure your are referencing, NFLBF. The Sierra Shooting thread does have a rather vigorous debate about the issue.

Guest bobali

BFSlueth;

You read better now. I was giving you an alternate to using photos. The job would be impossible unless you were a younger Governor Arnold or even StarTrek's Data.

bobali

arizonabigfoot;

I think some can be found under "sightings". I started reasding about the northwest cases. Please put fourth a little effort. If and when I come across something, I will note where is can be found. I thought that you guys that were here before me had read everything.

bobali

Bonehead74;

I didn't copy them down because they are on this forum with an obvious heading. Some claimed in their back yard some at other locations.

"Claimed" is the operative word here.

With the measurements, they were taken from photos where bone length could be accurately enough measured. If you stay in the same photo a scale is not necessary. When the same proportions are repeated over a wide spread of locations and can be determined not human, and not known ape a ependable pattern can be established.

I honestly don't understand what exactly you are getting at here.

Your over doubting is much like those who don't believe in UFO and their crews.

Actually, they are nothing alike. You espoused a flawed methodology (as I understand it), and I questioned it's logic. I find it telling that you haven't addressed my actual criticism.

Pictures have been around since stone age when concepts of rockets much less more hightech modes of propultion were centuries away.

Highly debatable.

The indian tribes have legends of BF running back nearly as far.

So? That has nothing to do with the current debate.

If you had lived around KittyHawk in the early 1900s we wouldn't have had progress like Orvile and Wilbur.

Baseless.

Classy, but baseless.

Encouragement is needed not doubt.

Agreed. I encourage you to do better.

As far as the actual topic here goes, capture seems fraught with problems and dangers. Shoulder-fired net guns fire nets up to 15' x 15'. Assuming you were lucky enough to get the center of the net directly on a bigfoot's head, that's 7.5' draped on each side minus net taken up by the creature's girth. If the creature is a conservative 7' tall, the net will not reach the ground and trip it up, leaving it free to move about and remove the net fairly easily. I did find a larger net blaster (http://www.wcsnetbla...components.html) that fires nets up to 40' x 60', although they were designed primarily to capture birds and small mammals, so I'm not convinced it would work on a full-grown sasquatch.

If you're going to try to drug the BF, I heartily recommend being very liberal in your dosing calculations. I'd rather have a comatose bigfoot vs a groggy but enraged bigfoot on my hands. Safer for you, unfortunately not so much for the sasquatch. Also, remember that tranquilizers do not act immediately. You are going to have a very upset bigfoot on your hands for a few minutes while the drugs take effect. If the creature escapes the nets and is drugged, you are now faced with tracking a dangerous wild animal deeper into it's territory. You'd better pray you used enough drug, and you'd better be able to find the downed bigfoot quickly, before the tranquilizer wears off. All of this assumes the creature is alone. If the target's companions come to it's rescue, you're going to need to be prepared to kill one or more bigfoot to survive, so that kind of defeats the purpose of a "humane capture".

Far from poo-pooing the ideas here, I'm pointing out how simplistic the plans presented are, and how they unrealistically depend on everything going right to work. That's not how things happen in the real world, and I'm more and more convinced that you have to use an approach similar to how you would capture a man. Forget the 6' x 8' elevated metal box (for 3 adults to squeeze into, no less!), electrified guy wires, nets equipped with hooks containing tranquilizer in pressurized capillaries, and teams of ex-SEALS. This isn't a comic book or bad action film.

In my opinion, KISS is the best approach. Find an area to set-up in that has ongoing activity. Have a co-ed team of 2 or 3 where one person is armed with a gas gun firing biopsy darts (http://shop.pneudart...sy-dart-5-pack/) and the others have HD video cameras. If and when a bigfoot is spotted, the gas gun (equipped with a guncam) (http://guncam.com/) will be used to collect a tissue sample, and the BF allowed to make it's escape. The subsequent sample collection will be documented it real-time (with no cuts or edits) by the team members carrying the video cameras. On film, the tissue will be placed into an evidence container and sealed for transport to the chosen testing facility. By maintaining a clear chain of custody and visually documenting the entire evolution, you could prove that the tissue sample came from the creature in your film. Not perfect by a long shot, but it certainly has much less to go wrong. Not to mention, if something goes awry with my plan, the worst that is likely to happen is you don't get your bigfoot proof. With the capture plans presented here, the worst-case scenario is that bigfoot, human(s), or both are killed or severely injured.

Edited by Bonehead74

Guest bobali

Colossus;

I don't follow what you are trying to say. Are you saying that BFs have guns?

bobali

Bonehead74;

Congratulations on a useful posting. Your method is one of the better though out ones. It was like "pulling hen's teeth" to get you to really contribute.

bobali

Capture!? I'd be impressed just to see a single clear photo, or even better a sequence of photos. Capturing a BF is a pipe dream! But good luck with that!

Albert Ostman and Mulchat Harry both pulled off sucessful captures...........of course they were the ones captured, but hey, it still gathered a bunch of good firsthand observation!

Apparently there is a bunch of useful photos around here, I'm just too lazy to find them. As far as the whole capture plan goes. I will tell you exactly how it will play out. Exactly. The team is going to go out to their "hotspot", and make bacon and pancakes. They are going to raise their super awesome tower. And they will hear crickets. For weeks.

If a new tribe were discovered in the Amazon, and rumor was they were covered in hair, would your first response be "kill one and bring it in!!!

Sasquatch is an animal. A bipedal primate. There is nothing about it to suggest it is human.