Time To Capture Bf

Guest drtracr

Guest drtracr

Bone, my idea is to fire two nets and not to tranquilize untill it is caught in the net to ensure it doesn't run away. I know I have some glitches to work out, but even thinking of building my own net cannons. Fire bigger and stronger nets.

Would start on this today, if money was not an issue.

Guest bobali

drtracr;

Great! this sounds like cooperation or listening and sharing with others. One idea that I would like to see everybody add is BH74's biopsy darts. that seems like the fastest way to get blood for DNA. The nailboard below the window at the remote cabin sounded good but the time between when BF left his data and the return and the BFers was too long. The darts could be picked up as soon as they fell out. I think BH74 left an e-address to oftain them.

bobali

Edited by bobali

Guest MikeG

Well, best of luck with this scheme. We can't get a sasquatch to co-operate with walking in front of a trail-cam, so the chances of getting one to stroll in front of a pair of canon strikes me as fairly slender. As I say, I wish you well with it........and that includes hoping that his/her buddies aren't lurking close by when you net him and fire a dart at him. I'm rather thinking you'll need a very strong safe haven to retreat to when you disentangle your prize from the nets.

Mike

Guest MikeG

Yip. That's all I was doing too..........

I've got involved in capturing wild animals in Africa. It can go very wrong very, very quickly. People die doing this stuff, don't forget that.

Mike

You said Military Intelligence is an oxymoron. I let you know that I have a friend working in that field getting shot at to supply our boys with everything they need to know, so try to think about the men and women in the line of fire before you cast aspertions.

U.S. Military: a large bureaucratic system, with multiple mission statements.

Most large bureaucratic systems with multiple mission statements make decisions that often defy "common sense", hence the terms military intelligence (as a joke) government job, etc. I doubt any disresract was intended to the people on the ground. They may have even uttered the same or similar jokes in the past.

Actually, military chains of command are generally very consistent and efficient. Problems arise when civilian appointees inject political objectives into the mix.

Guest bobali

Colossus;

JohnT understands the intended meaning. JDL expands on the reason it is doomed to be an oxymoron.

Edited by BFSleuth
Rule 1A

Guest BFSleuth

The discussion on this thread should remain on topic, regarding how to capture a BF.

Personal exchanges that are off topic or disrespectful to other forum members will be edited or deleted. Please stay on topic and be respectful to each other.

I think the Forest People will continue to leave most people doubting and left in the dark. As toejam put so well, some of us don't want to see any harm come to our special friends.....

Guest bobali

Midnight Owl;

Total recognition of BF needs to happen. If we don't get the relationship to a Jane Goodall observation level so laws can protect them, there will be several killed. I'm surprised that hasn't happened so far. There are posts on different sub-forums in this forum that say that BFs often return to the edge of the woods bordering their back yard. Not everyone in this situation would like it since they have small clildren or pets that they want to keep safe. They will do whatever necessary to keep their property safe. The first thing that comes to mind is a high power rifle with a scope. They won't think about BF buddies retaliating. The rifle will most likely be used over and over from the cover of the house.

bobali

Edited by bobali

Guest BFSleuth

Bobali, if you haven't read about the Honobia incident, what you are saying came to pass. In that case it was because the residents were shooting deer off their back porch, and the BF seemed to be taking advantage of a ready supply of wounded deer:

http://www.bfro.net/avevid/ouachita/siege-at-honobia.asp

There have also been several reports of BF being shot and killed. I think most of us agree strongly with your position vis a vis protection. However, there are those that would like to get the type specimen to confirm the species (some say it is in order to ultimately protect them). Personally, I find that position to be incorrect.

If someone were to temporarily capture, sedate, video, and take tissue samples and measurements, I think that might be another option. But IMHO I think all such efforts will become less necessary once we have Dr. Ketchum's report on BF DNA (and yes I do think there is a report and that it will be out "soon").

Cheers.