Question For Serious Researchers, Biologists, Veterinarians, Etc.

Guest MikeG

The thing is, you have no experience in this field, and you are planning to use equipment which is not normally used for this purpose. Even at that basic, cursory level, this is a recipe for a disaster.

Tell you what, why don't you go to the appropriate authorities and apply for permission to try this on a bear? Start with a black bear.See what happens, adjust. Then try it on a grizzly, see what happens and revise your plans accordingly. You'll have plenty of time to do your revised plan whilst lying in your hospital bed.......

Mike

Guest poignant

Should I repost this latest plan to get more feedback.

Save your effort. You already got all the feedback you need.

Save your effort. You already got all the feedback you need.

I certainly did not. But thank you for, well, actually nothing.

The thing is, you have no experience in this field, and you are planning to use equipment which is not normally used for this purpose. Even at that basic, cursory level, this is a recipe for a disaster.

Tell you what, why don't you go to the appropriate authorities and apply for permission to try this on a bear? Start with a black bear.See what happens, adjust. Then try it on a grizzly, see what happens and revise your plans accordingly. You'll have plenty of time to do your revised plan whilst lying in your hospital bed.......

Mike

Having difficulty staying on topic are we? Oh well....you at least help me build my comment count.

Thanks!

Guest OntarioSquatch

So what part of the plan deals with the other 2-3 family members?

That's a good point, especially if we are to believe some of the stories. Other ones will likely jump in if they can.

On another note, I can't believe what a dirty word "pro kill" has become amongst a lot of bigfooters. It seems like I've seen such a huge shift from getting the neccesary evidence, like a body, to now trying to be these creatures forest friends, wtf? While I like to think that it would be an amazing experience to form some sort of a relationship with one of these creatures, it isn't going to prove jack you know what. But I guess if you are in one of these situations, who cares about proving it to anyone, I know I wouldn't.

I'm against killing one but I actually think that would be better in order to aquire evidence than attemtping a live capture. I just don't think they would fare well in captivity, and once captured and presented to the general public as evidence a BF would never be released back into the wild. Probably kinder just to kill it instead of subjecting it to years of misery.

What authority would take-over a private operation that has captured a live Bigfoot? Especially if it is held for only a short time?

Study & confirm so captivity is less than a week.

What authority would take-over a private operation that has captured a live Bigfoot? Especially if it is held for only a short time?

Study & confirm so captivity is less than a week.

I think if you capture one to use it as valid proof, outside scientific professionals would have to be brought in for solid confirmation. I beleive it would soon ( immediately ) be out of your hands then as to what the fate of the captured BF is.

Guest toejam

I think it's nothing short of ludicrous if you think you're going to capture a Sasquatch. You mention 25 years experience but I haven't heard anything about any related incidents that would gain you some momentum towards accomplishing this incredible feat. You come on here talking like you know where a BF will be within a certain distance at a certain time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That in itself is an incredible feat. Have you established a pattern of some sort?

With just under 4 years of field experience myself, I already am well aware of how difficult this endeavor is. I've been trying to establish some sort of pattern of movement since my first encounter. Problem is each year passes and it seems that only a small window of opportunity arises, although I could be way off. It just seems that way.

Have you spent the last 25 years in the field figuring out their movements? From what I can see, I highly doubt it. Seems like nothing more than a fantasy.

I sound cynical and I am. I've had my personal proof that they're a real species but try even getting a visual on your terms, ha. Good luck.

Why not tell us about some of your experience? 25 years is a long time.

That would be why several ARMED team members would defend the capture, right?

Defending the capture means killing any others that attempt to render aid. Logic would dictate that if you choose to take this avenue you might as well just kill one instead of killing, wounding or traumatizing multiple creatures. Even if successful the possibility would now exists that you have given a powerful, stealthy, intelligent creature the gift of malice. God help the next person that crosses their path.

Guest BFSleuth

^ and that is the one thing that really scares me about any attempts for kill or capture.

Defending the capture means killing any others that attempt to render aid. Logic would dictate that if you choose to take this avenue you might as well just kill one instead of killing, wounding or traumatizing multiple creatures. Even if successful the possibility would now exists that you have given a powerful, stealthy, intelligent creature the gift of malice. God help the next person that crosses their path.

Very very good point...