Operation Persistence

*sigh*

Those would be several things I would try to figure out rather than assume that it is just too inconvenient. All of your evidence might be a conglomeration of wood ape, hoaxing, or simple misidentification. You won't know what percentage is what until you really pull it apart, which your group may have already done at this point, I didn't recall anyone asking for specifics in the thread.

The pinhole cameras are mostly based on low quality CMOS sensors. They have terrible resolution and are only able to capture a halfway decent image indoors at reasonably close range. Excessive brightness, and or not enough light will result in moving blobsquatches at best.

I was one of the people who begged and pleaded for this thread to be re-opened. I somehow regret doing that now. If I were in Biptos shoes, I wouldn’t have even bothered subjecting myself to the extensive verbal flogging and character attacks he has endured to share this information. I have no idea why absolute non-believers would ever spend time on a forum dedicated to an animal that they are particularly certain does not exist. (Actually I do, but my generalized summary of their motives would likely be considered a violation of rule 1A) It is the wide criticism from the believers that surprises and confounds me. I’m not asking folks to just blindly believe what he is saying; everyone will come to their own conclusions. If you don’t believe him, fine. I have noticed in my short time participating here at BFF that there has been a rather hostile, Spanish inquisition-like atmosphere to any threads specifically related to the TBRC’s activities. I have seen other forum members make bizarre and (IMHO) very far fetched claims in their posts, which have received FAR less (if any) criticisms and negative responses compared to TBRC related threads. This person has taken a tremendous amount of time to share details that he feels may benefit others interested in the subject. It was probably at great personal expense (financially in time spent away from his business, as well as time away from his family and other interests) that he has established what he believes to be factual and useful information, and shared this information with complete strangers. Some people here act like they are entitled to every bit of information they ask for, and if they don’t get the answer they like, they begin reading between the lines and turning it into some kind of criminal investigation. He is not on trial. Are we entitled to all of the private details of all of your personal experiences?

The overall behavior of the "Bigfoot community" somehow reminds me of an episode of "the Twilight Zone". Let's set the scene.........

A group of people (who represent a wide cross section of a supposedly civilized society) are on a quest to discover the truth behind a strange mystery. They begin with a common goal, but after a period of time, they seem to focus all of their energy on attacking one another. They obsess over rival researchers not following a certain investigatory method, or others not agreeing with whichever unproven hypothesis that they support. Their once shared quest for truth has become a bitter struggle. The vibrant energy once focused towards resolving the mystery is now completely expended in a wrestling match to keep one another from making any progress, whether perceived or real. Now consumed with fear, anger, and envy, they have lost all focus on the reason they came…….

[Pan out to a group of Sasquatch silently observing the researchers from the treeline, cue Rod Serling's epilogue] "They plot and scheme, and tear and claw at one another. They spit the acrid venom of accusation, and twist every word to foster suspicion towards one another. As the mysterious hirsute observers in the trees silently file away and disappear quietly back into the night, they will sleep soundly knowing that it is not only their nature that keeps them safely hidden, it is OUR nature that ultimately keeps them relegated to the realm of myth. But for them the mystery has been solved. There really are monsters, just beyond the edge of the forest………in the Twilight Zone."

Edited by Irish73

Bipto, in one of the podcasts you talked about using the flashlight and found eyeshine in a bush up behind one of the cabins. When the creature realized it was busted, it did not flee, instead seemed to put its head down. I'm just interested in your opinion- do you think it felt it could rely on backup, that that is why it did not leave? Or perhaps it could just hang out, and see if anyone came after it (in the case of no backup)?

I have busted a few animals- feral cats, deer, etc. that seemed to be spying on me- when they realized I was aware of them they left in a hurry. But this creature did not. Just wondering what thoughts you have about that. Thanks.

Irish I assume since you checked my profile a few minutes ago that you are referring to me?

I am not the inquisition, I'm the inquisitive, there is a big difference.

Edited by CTfoot

Not directed towards you CTFoot. As someone who has had my active interest in the subject revitalized almost exclusively by the TBRC's annual operations and the Bigfoot Show, I can see that the relentless attacks directed towards the TBRC are likely to curtail the rather generous flow of information coming from that camp. How many times would you roll out the proverbial welcome mat to folks who just want to spit and urinate all over it repeatedly? I've watched how quickly a legitimate question turns into an accusatory interrogation here. I certainly wouldn't waste my time being subjected to that, and I have to assume Bipto wont either. I genuinely feel that Bipto clamming up and pulling in the mat would be to our loss, not his.

Edited by Irish73

There is that but I haven't seen it since the thread reopened so I was confused by your comment. No one forces anyone to come to a forum to answer questions.

I am interested in what is in the area besides the alleged wood apes; safety, security, which lead to my questions. You might have more to fear from a surprised hoaxer than a wood ape, it's not a matter to be taken lightly when you do this kind of research.

Edited by CTfoot

How far would you estimate that you and the other witnesses were from the animals during the "black balls with scissoring legs" incident?

If these animals are using a particular game trail (that is at least partially visible from the clearing area) often to ascend to a higher elevation, have you considered using radar guns to try and clock the speeds with which they are moving uphill?

EDIT: This looks possible, ranges up to one mile.

http://www.radarguns.com/radar-guns-faq.html

Edited by Irish73

@ CTFOOT

Not trying single you out, but the problem with some of the questioning is that some people are assuming that bipto and the other members are capable of being hoaxed for years and are not smart enough to figure it out.

I'd say just from his answers to all the questions that the group is quite capable of finding evidence of a hoax.

Who is going to hoax people for months on end without leaving any clue behind of being a person.

Say they had night vision, had really good costumes, and were very athletic, don't you think in the amount of time

they are supposedly being hoaxed, that one of the hoaxers would have at least stumbled,tripped, poked by a branch, twist an ankle,

etc... and would have at least hint that they were in pain ? or some other kind of evidence ?

Did you ever try running through rugged terrain in the day time ? it's really hard to say the least, never mind at night with night vision and a costume.

It just aggravates me when someone tries to down play the people that are actually at the site and are witnessing the incidents

for themselves, and someone on a chair hundreds of miles away think they solved the case just by implying what could be happening,

and don't have one tiny piece of evidence to even entertain their theory.

I think it's more unbelievable that a group of people can be carrying out a hoax for this long without being caught, than

what bipto's believes is happening.

Edited by zigoapex

Irish73, your post above is a good synopsis of this thread. Many of the Admin have had to keep their finger on the "dump" button. You are also correct that Bipto has posted and in great detail of the events associated with title. I know that many people appreciate the fact he is willing to share and try and explain his recounting of the events, Thank you Bipto.

I will also say here that all have a right to be heard, opinions made as long as it is done in a respectful matter. Skeptics and Believers are the core of this forum. Let just remember manners, and treating all as adults, it sure makes things easier on the mods and admins. :heat: I know the edit button has sure got a workout in efforts to keep it open!

KB

We really aren't given enough evidence one way or the other to make a determination for various reasons.

You trust no one in this field, that is not meant as an offense to Bipto since we have never met. I might know you personally but you would need to show me rather than have me trust your word that something is impossible (when it involves bigfoot). That could be the existence of a wood ape or it could be the presence of hoaxers. Neither is absolutely impossible.

Edited by CTfoot

When the creature realized it was busted, it did not flee, instead seemed to put its head down. I'm just interested in your opinion- do you think it felt it could rely on backup, that that is why it did not leave? Or perhaps it could just hang out, and see if anyone came after it (in the case of no backup)?

My feeling is it did what the animals Bob misidentified in the bushes did. It dropped its head and made like a log. We didn't really approach so it had no reason to take off. No idea if it thought it had back-up. To me, it appeared to be a "if I can't see you, you can't see me" kind of response.

Edited by bipto

Thanks! I had an experience once that kind of smacks of that same thing only they were much more exposed (in the brights of my headlights...).

So it seems, based on what you experienced, that they really instinctively rely on their natural camo? Even when they are totally busted, they still persist until its obviously time to go? It really does seem as if its much more of an ape response...

How far would you estimate that you and the other witnesses were from the animals during the "black balls with scissoring legs" incident?

I think about 30 yards. I'd need to go back to the notes to be sure.

If these animals are using a particular game trail (that is at least partially visible from the clearing area) often to ascend to a higher elevation, have you considered using radar guns to try and clock the speeds with which they are moving uphill?

While I'd love to know how fast it was going, it all happened too fast for that. Even too fast to get a digital camera up and on if I wanted to.

I think it's more unbelievable that a group of people can be carrying out a hoax for this long without being caught, than

what bipto's believes is happening.

Word.

So it seems, based on what you experienced, that they really instinctively rely on their natural camo? Even when they are totally busted, they still persist until its obviously time to go? It really does seem as if its much more of an ape response...

I think that's exactly right.

So there really is no way to assure someone who shouldn't be there is there, that's what I'm getting from your responses. You can't rule out a hoaxer.

You seem to be one of the few that can't rule out a hoaxer. So can you explain why? What's their motivation? They've been shot at several times. Stop and think about that for a second. This isn't some retarded game of cat and mouse. They will be shot, and killed on site. Put aside all the other reasons why it wouldn't be a hoaxer, and if you just put that in the proper perspective, it should be evident that this would be an extremely terrible idea to even entertain.

What is the motivation of any hoaxer? We just had that happen twice in the last week. Why did Rick Dyer film a fake bigfoot outside his tent and why did someone go to Elba to stomp in the mud? Do they need a reason?

If you can't keep people out of the area then nothing you obtain can be attributed to the wood apes, it's contaminated evidence. If it is useless, then why bother collecting it? Just go for the kill. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing situation either as I pointed out before. Just last year a young couple drove up into the area so there is a precedent for access to the property whether it's deliberate or not. Does that mean everything happening is the result of hoaxing, no, but it also means that you can't attribute everything to the wood apes.

If you are satisfied that there are no others on the property besides the group members that is your prerogoative.