Has The Mabrc Captured A Bigfoot? Robert Lindsay's Latest Blog

Guest Luckyfoot

If I did - I sure in the heck wouldn't discuss it anywhere on the internet. That you can be sure of. Wait - did I confirm or deny that?

Hum.. Not sure.. LOL.

rofl . clearer than mabrc's responses

Thanks for responding , but I have to disagreew/ RL being the base of this. I feel that Ed and Mabrc worded themselves..... provocatively .

Edited by Luckyfoot

Guest BFSleuth

RL posted a blog - in that blog he claimed to have information about the MABRC. He provided no proof and did not once state he went to DW or anyone with information about this alleged body- only made an allegation he knew would eventually inflame this community. The way I see it - DW came here to head this off at the pass. He stated up front the MABRC had no comment at this time. That is his right. I'm not sure why anyone would want to take that away from him, another independent researcher or organization.

Regarding the "journalism" of RL, from what I can read in the tea leaves it seems that he is rather quick to the trigger with rumor. His tactic is more about getting readership than getting facts, and by publishing incendiary conjecture he sometimes gets principles of the story to come out and make statements. That seems to be his normal plan, publish something... anything... and see if anything gets stirred up.

The OP of this thread is the same that was broadcast on facebook sites. My issue with all this is that if the MABRC really was more interested in making a public statement, why not just publish one on their own web site? Normally if I would read a trash piece like RL's blog and had any questions, why the first place I'd go look for some answers would be..... (drumrolls).... the MABRC forum. That is really the appropriate and effective place for any discussion about the issue, especially for any staff of MABRC. Unless there are other motives behind the reason to post something on the BFF, I don't see a rational reason for posting here. If the issue is a hot one, then people will find out, and if the prime discussion is on the MABRC forum, then that is where people will go.

Edited by BFSleuth

I think there is a lesson being learned right now by field researchers.

IF DW or anyone else had a body in their possession - the smart thing would be to keep quiet until the work is done. Do I need to bring up Melba Ketchum and the project that will never end??

I want to suggest that any group or individual who desire to "prove BF's" through the possession of a Bigfoot body should contact appropriate government agencies immediately on acquiring such a body. They should follow the instructions of that Government agency. If a group doesn't agree with that and decides "proving" is to be done outside our own governing agencies and public institutions then the motivation for that becomes a question for me.

At any rate, a body will get serious attention from many Government agencies.

If you are of the mindset there is a Government conspiracy to cover up the existence and desire to take this type of proof to the public "for the good of us/science" or even the "protection of Sasquatch" then a complete genome could be published within just a week or two or of procuring the sample and the body made available to "science and our Government." promptly.

Retain some sample and photos in a safe box if you fear the body will "disappear."

. ..

I am not pressing any legal lines here, but rather questioning the point of such secrecy.

if the study were of samples of hair, feces or other random bio-material leaving the BF alive and unharmed then I see no problem with a private under the radar effort to be a "discoverer" of Bigfoot with a ground breaking study (or even patents, or books, or movies, or whatever one might personally seek).

But, once an individual BF is killed, I feel the duty to report regardless of commercial or "discoverer" goals becomes the overriding priority.

Just my two cents.

Edited by apehuman

That is great, if you had a body it is good to know what you r plans are. But you are only one of several billion people in the world. IF someone has a body, they probably have a whole different set of agenda's and a game plan. Probably would not match your plan at all. It probably would be an evolving strategy as things came along.

It will never ever be cut a dried and a simple thing. It will not please everyone with how it's handled...HELL, it looks like it will not please ANYONE. So I suggest if it is that important to you, go get a body and bring it forward in the moral ethical way you deem appropriate. But if some one else is doing that, then you can really only sit and wait.

BFSleuth said;

The OP of this thread is the same that was broadcast on facebook sites. My issue with all this is that if the MABRC really was more interested in making a public statement, why not just publish one on their own web site? Normally if I would read a trash piece like RL's blog and had any questions, why the first place I'd go look for some answers would be..... (drumrolls).... the MABRC forum. That is really the appropriate and effective place for any discussion about the issue, especially for any staff of MABRC. Unless there are other motives behind the reason to post something on the BFF, I don't see a rational reason for posting here. If the issue is a hot one, then people will find out, and if the prime discussion is on the MABRC forum, then that is where people will go.

BFSleuth - I appreciate and respect your opinion often, but consider this. How often does "information" like this NOT make this forum? What do you think would happen if DW or anyone else simply came here and said, "Please visit our website for our official response".... He could have just ignored it and went on with his life - but then he would have to deal with people badmouthing him for not providing information - where he could be questioned fully by anyone and everyone.. That is how it works - and we all know it's true.

I think he took the more responsible approach. He is not confirming nor is he denying it. No one is required to divulge anything - especially not information that comes through gossip. We should want people to behave more responsibly.

If we take the approach you recommend - then I guess we could just wait for RL to post the newest piece of gossip - say nothing at all and sit back and watch as people flip out because the person who the gossip is about is saying nothing.

Not sure that is the best course of action though.

Edited by Melissa

And Melissa,

Anything that even suggest members here go to the MABRC to try and get information, then find out they have to join to see what members see....well, we have seen the path THAT takes over here many times. instead of these 7 pages...it would be 7 pages of complaints about how the MABRC manages it membership and forum. It is a lose, lose situation.

It is a lose, lose, situation - which is why more and more field researchers are not saying anything publicly anymore. People are sticking with the people they know and trust and just simply not talking about anything online anymore.

Which is sad - but I think many of us seen this coming. Sorry - but it's true.

Only because there is no straight answer coming from the MABRC. The rumor and speculation is being created by the MABRC with this self-serving post. Don't blame RL when your own backyard is dirty.

So is this your way of saying RL is always right with his gossip and does not have to take any responsibility.. Then who does? The person he is blogging about? Well wouldn't that be convenient. LOL..

Edited by Melissa

Guest thermalman

+1 driveroperator.

A lot of criticism from computer squatters, who sit there and rely only on their factless verbal diarrhea and nothing else. Unfortunately, it happens on every forum.

Edited by thermalman

A lot of criticism from computer squatters, who sit there and rely only on their factless verbal diarrhea and nothing else. Unfortunately,

A perfect definition of internet " bigfootery " . Well done

Can we please be clear about one thing? I'm fairly certain that 99.9-100% of the posters here do not believe most of what RL blogs about and don't take him seriously. Just sayin.

Good queston JRid... How many people get angry when RL posts a new date for Ketchum information releases - then it doesn't happen?

Edited for clarity :)

Edited by Melissa

Guest wudewasa

Nothing but shameless self promotion. All RL did was post about something he saw on the MABRC's website. Now DW comes here with the sole purpose to drum up attention for themselves. The MABRC just joined Ketchum, MK Davis, Stover, and the others who care less about research but more about their own press.

Hmm, it wasn't that long ago that you posted multiple times on a thread, touting the amazing experience of BFRO expeditions. Shameless promotion, or opinion huh? Depends on your interpretation I guess. Pot meet kettle homeslice.

I agree that DW created this thread to make an official statement to RL's gossip column. Many of you didn't like his statement, and since, this thread has degenerated into schoolyard politics, plain and simple

Grow up y'all! lol