Has The Mabrc Captured A Bigfoot? Robert Lindsay's Latest Blog

Guest BFSleuth

BFSleuth - I appreciate and respect your opinion often, but consider this. How often does "information" like this NOT make this forum? What do you think would happen if DW or anyone else simply came here and said, "Please visit our website for our official response".... He could have just ignored it and went on with his life - but then he would have to deal with people badmouthing him for not providing information - where he could be questioned fully by anyone and everyone.. That is how it works - and we all know it's true.

I think he took the more responsible approach. He is not confirming nor is he denying it. No one is required to divulge anything - especially not information that comes through gossip. We should want people to behave more responsibly.

IMHO the better course of action would be to post their official response on the MABRC, and any MABRC members on the BFF could respond to any threads or comments on the BFF if the subject ever came up here. I do see your point, in that they were trying to be proactive to a degree by posting here and on other sites to try and get the word out. However, to "neither confirm nor deny" is so vague and tantalizing a statement that it is like throwing gasoline on a fire. Perhaps they could simply have said, "RL's story is false" or some such thing. Their statement leaves the door wide open to speculation.

Guest VioletX

rofl . clearer than mabrc's responses

Thanks for responding , but I have to disagreew/ RL being the base of this. I feel that Ed and Mabrc worded themselves..... provocatively .

I agree, they could have merely said, "we have nothing new to report", and that would have been less provocative.

I agree, they could have merely said, "we have nothing new to report", and that would have been less provocative.

Or they could have not said anything, then IF someone read it on RL's blog and posted it here, THEN they could say "there is no truth".

Guest wudewasa

Wow, now folks are telling the MABRC what to say.

If someone attempted to put words in your mouths, all of you would go ballistic.

Some of you are acting like immature hypocrites.

Guest BFSleuth

I hope you aren't accusing me of being an immature hypocrite, I'd always considered myself a mature hypocrite. :D

I think you may be over reading the alternate methods of how to handle the RL blog situation in the suggestions put forward by myself and others. Hopefully the MABRC and other research groups could take these suggestions on this thread into account when RL throws out another half researched story. It would always seem best to put your official response on your own web site (if your organization has one) and monitor forums and blogs to correct any other forum posts or echo "journalism" blogs as they appear. On the other hand I do recognize that the BFF is the largest forum dedicated to all things bigfoot, so I will certainly note that posting a thread here is most likely to get the word out if they choose the more proactive route.

A response with less ambiguity would certainly be a more helpful way of diffusing the situation.

Wow, now folks are telling the MABRC what to say.

If someone attempted to put words in your mouths, all of you would go ballistic.

Some of you are acting like immature hypocrites.

Really? And just what are you acting like, the voice of reason? We, especially myself, have outlined specific reasons why we think this tactic by the OP is bs. I know you mostly just post clever little pictures and videos that other people have created, but when you actually write something in your posts, they need to have a bit more substance than sweeping namecalling repeated ad infinum.

We get it- you think posting non-answers to suggestive rumors "other" created is a-okay for the BFF. Perhaps you think we need MORE of that. You are certainly entitled to that. If I ever find that you have contradicted yourself later, I'll find a nicer way to say it than calling you an immature hypocrite. You might do well to try to do the same.

IMHO the better course of action would be to post their official response on the MABRC, and any MABRC members on the BFF could respond to any threads or comments on the BFF if the subject ever came up here. I do see your point, in that they were trying to be proactive to a degree by posting here and on other sites to try and get the word out. However, to "neither confirm nor deny" is so vague and tantalizing a statement that it is like throwing gasoline on a fire. Perhaps they could simply have said, "RL's story is false" or some such thing. Their statement leaves the door wide open to speculation.

I guess this is more of a question for the Moderation Team - BUT:

Lets play the game "I have a hypothetical".

Blogger posts an article which says - BFSleuth has found a bigfoot body..

A random member of the BFF brings that story here and posts a thread.

You (BFSleuth) see the thread and say: I will not answer questions here - please see this link www.BFSleuth.com

Someone will come along and cry foul. You did not come here to answer their questions - they will accuse you of trying to promote yourself.

So, should researchers and groups be shielded from these kinds of accusatory comments?

I think we both know BFSleuth what would happen if you - or I - or anyone else came here after someone claimed something like that and only dropped a website address..

Guest BFSleuth

That's an excellent point, Melissa. Kind of a darned if you do and darned if you don't conundrum.

Taking your scenario into account, assuming I had my own web site, I would post an official response on my web site and in this forum thread I would copy and paste that response, noting it is the official response from my web site, if the topic was raised on this forum. That way folks can read it here without having to link to my web site, although they would be free to visit my web site if they want. I would consider registering at RL's blog in order to post the official response directly on the blog post as well in the same manner.

I guess this is more of a question for the Moderation Team - BUT:

Lets play the game "I have a hypothetical".

Blogger posts an article which says - BFSleuth has found a bigfoot body..

A random member of the BFF brings that story here and posts a thread.

You (BFSleuth) see the thread and say: I will not answer questions here - please see this link www.BFSleuth.com

Someone will come along and cry foul. You did not come here to answer their questions - they will accuse you of trying to promote yourself.

So, should researchers and groups be shielded from these kinds of accusatory comments?

I think we both know BFSleuth what would happen if you - or I - or anyone else came here after someone claimed something like that and only dropped a website address..

Melissa, I certainly understand what you are saying here, and I don't disagree with any of it. However, your analogy could be better. It would be better if BFSleuth were to see the post and post it here HIMSELF, and not actually say whether it is true or not. Then when people ask for a straight answer, he would say we are not entitled to one.

That's an excellent point, Melissa. Kind of a darned if you do and darned if you don't conundrum.

Taking your scenario into account, assuming I had my own web site, I would post an official response on my web site and in this forum thread I would copy and paste that response, noting it is the official response from my web site, if the topic was raised on this forum. That way folks can read it here without having to link to my web site, although they would be free to visit my web site if they want. I would consider registering at RL's blog in order to post the official response directly on the blog post as well in the same manner.

You're approach is very responsible. Question though - why would you even have to go to that trouble if the Blogger in question would simply contact you first for a comment? And even with as well intentioned as your post might be, I guarantee you there would be a group of people angry that you said only this - but won't take the time to answer simple questions. They will say - you only posted this much to avoid answering questions or that you are hiding something. There has to be a give and take. For some reason not wanting to discuss everything makes you a bad person in the eyes of some..

I completely get where you are coming from also - and you're right it's a darned if you do and darned if you don't.. You can never make everyone happy all of the time and I will tell you now, for everything you do right - there will be 10 people who tell you how to do it better the next time - or that you completely messed up.

I don't know what the rules are here in this regard and I don't pretend to know how the BFF admin would handle this.

Guest wudewasa

Hey, MABRC, can we get a little more drama here, please?

LOL

Seems like I rattled some cages. Good, I'm just observing behavior. DW did nothing to provoke certain negative responses, but many posters REACTED to his post. You folks made the choice to get upset over nothing. I'm not taking sides, have no dog in this fight, but when people play the fool, I'll call it.

DW did nothing to provoke certain negative responses, but many posters REACTED to his post.

Time for a vision check. I agree w/Ontario, in that the bait was seeded well.

I don't wish the MABRC ill, but I wish they'd stop playing the drama queens.