Finding Bigfoot

Guest grinder

Easier said in the comfort of your nice house than when confronting a giant hairy creature in the dark woods. Just sayin'.

I concure with ForestTone.

Patterson ran after BF for a closer look, I actually think this lends to the films authenticity. I agree, If you see a BF grow a pair and chase that sucker down for a closer look and better footage! Unless of course you are faking/hoaking or misleading and therfore video distance is your friend.

Edited by grinder

Guest reelback

Why do they break off after every sighting they have? Has anyone ever tried running at a wild animal in the woods at night? It doesnt work. There are ways to make an effective approach. A loud mad dash is not one of them.

Its probably safe to say that there is no drama in effective means of spotting a sasquatch. That takes time and effort, slow and cumbersome. Unfortunately its a self fulfilling prophecy. No results. Drama. No results. Scepticism. No results. Humiliation.

I know they haven't found a Bigfoot yet, but they have had some things happen on the show. I remember where rocks were thrown at them, and strange sounds... all stuff that could of been a Sasquatch. I guess I have hope that someday they will get lucky.

Patterson ran after BF for a closer look, I actually think this lends to the films authenticity.

And his buddy was sitting behind him on horseback with a .30-06 locked and loaded.

BFF Patron
...... I agree, If you see a BF grow a pair and chase that sucker down for a closer look

Ha, BF's got your number, and would obviously be adding to it's ear-ring collection if you were hot on the trail...

Much easier to let them come to you. The Kevlar cod-piece is optional :nomention:

Edited by bipedalist

Guest grinder

Ha, BF's got your number, and would obviously be adding to it's ear-ring collection if you were hot on the trail...

Much easier to let them come to you. The Kevlar cod-piece is optional :nomention:

:o LOL!

Edited by grinder

Do you think the initial assumption might have been there was a person who through the log against the truck, and the woman needed back up to confront the person?

It's definitely a possibility, SY. To me, it all seemed fabricated from jump-street, though. The chain of events had a broken link, or two, IMO.

And I agree with Bipto....Weird looking 'log' dent. I've side-swiped a pole in a parking lot, and it appeared similar to her truck. Maybe she was backing out of a parking spot, cut it a little too far to the left, swiped her truck, called her dad half-way home with her crazy story to keep out of trouble, then her dad showed up with BF on the brain, and the likely suspect of the log toss, then saw a raccoon's eye shine in the bushes, along with shadows that appeared to make out the outline of his Bigfoot, then started telling his daughter that he see's a BF, so she doesn't know any better and agrees that she thinks she sees it, but isn't really quite sure, then dad coming up with his master plan to get the BFRO out there, fabricates a track to get his daughter to believe that that is what they actually saw that night, and to justify the BFRO coming out. The dad owned the story....The daughter was trying to dissemble and seperate a little. I dunno...Seems more likely that what they were trying to sell.(I've also been watching too much Elementary...That Sherlock Holmes show:)

Edited by PacNWSquatcher

Guest wild eyed willy

MM had a good observation point in the tree stand, but as soon as he heard something he climbed back down.. Way to scare off anything close by Matt. He should have stayed put and turned on the thermal.. Once again bad judgment. The primary story doesn't ring of truth, as has been pointed out by others. A scared person on a lonly empty road after dark doesn't just stay put unless the truck won't start. I did hear the sounds the team was hearing, knocks howles and such. was it BF, or the film crew, I couldn't say. I also agree, you don't run after sounds and shadows in the middle of the night in the woods. A stealthy aproach would be much better. Turn on the thermal and stay put might be better still.

Last, the emergency call to the BFRO seemed very calm to me, perhaps the dad took some valium to calm down first. A more layed back phone call you may never hear.

Edited by wild eyed willy

Yeah, MM gets a little carried away. Spends all that time explaining the advantages of a tree-stand, then bails out of it the second there is any sign of something coming into the area. I have a lot of buddies who are like that, so I get it. MM is definitely not the sit around, and wait type. It's too bad that he is so neurotic, because sometimes he actually sounds like knows a thing, or two. If he would tone down his 'I believe, therefore it's a fact' mantra, it would be a lot better for him.

And I'm not sure about anyone else, but Ranae's scene where she geeks out, and starts running toward a noise was painful for me to watch. I wish they'd ixnay her from the show, and replace her with a skeptic who isn't so annoying.(I'm sure she is a nice person, btw....Just talking about how she fits into the show) I still refuse to believe that focus groups actually like her.

Edited by PacNWSquatcher

It's all good research even if they don't find anything. Investigating all these new sightings concentrated in these places is the best evidence anyone has so far. That's why I like the show.

MM had a good observation point in the tree stand, but as soon as he heard something he climbed back down.. Way to scare off anything close by Matt. He should have stayed put and turned on the thermal.. Once again bad judgment.

To be fair to Matt, what we saw was how it was edited together, not how it happened. We don't know how long he was up in the tree before he got down or what he had seen or heard in that time. That said, he wasn't in the tree stand. They showed him climbing up to it and ben then he was sitting in another tree just up in the branches. So...who the hell knows.

*after MM and team leave, the BF come out of hiding, and one says to another: "Looks like we got away with it, thanks to those medling pink skin's with no dog!"

The other nods and howls: "Zoobie Zoobie DOOOOOO!" *

( If you missed the epic chat we had last night you probably won't get that... :D )

It's definitely a possibility, SY. To me, it all seemed fabricated from jump-street, though. The chain of events had a broken link, or two, IMO.

And I agree with Bipto....Weird looking 'log' dent. I've side-swiped a pole in a parking lot, and it appeared similar to her truck. Maybe she was backing out of a parking spot, cut it a little too far to the left, swiped her truck, called her dad half-way home with her crazy story to keep out of trouble, then her dad showed up with BF on the brain, and the likely suspect of the log toss, then saw a raccoon's eye shine in the bushes, along with shadows that appeared to make out the outline of his Bigfoot, then started telling his daughter that he see's a BF, so she doesn't know any better and agrees that she thinks she sees it, but isn't really quite sure, then dad coming up with his master plan to get the BFRO out there, fabricates a track to get his daughter to believe that that is what they actually saw that night, and to justify the BFRO coming out. The dad owned the story....The daughter was trying to dissemble and seperate a little. I dunno...Seems more likely that what they were trying to sell.(I've also been watching too much Elementary...That Sherlock Holmes show:)

LOL , if that were the case the woman would have her dad checked out or comitted. It wouldn't have gotten so far as to make it on FB IMO. I could be wrong though.