Finding Bigfoot

Guest kchuskey

This show is nothing more than entertainment. It holds no other value. Especially for a skeptic. When EVERYTHING is construed as being "Squatchy" or... "I think you saw a Squatch". To be honest it gets annoying sometimes. I do watch though. It is like a train wreck, that you just can't look away from. But it is nothing more than a comedy to me. "Did you hear that growl?"... "It's a Squatch!" "You see how that limb is broke?"...."A Squatch did that!" "Who takes one can of coke?"... "A Squatch does!" It is getting ridiculus, and they are trying too hard, to convince people, that they aren't wasting their time. Funny, none the less though. Just my opinion.

Edited by kchuskey

Guest Dr. Boogie

I'm also disappointed that they didn't call the 'Cooler Video' for what it obviously is or even attempt to challenge it. I wonder if the editing and final production of the episodes is totally out of the main characters control? Bobo made a comment that seemed to support the footage showing a real Bigfoot and I wonder if either, a) His comments were edited down from a larger synopsis that expressed some doubt but he had no control over the editing or, B) He was happy to play along and offer his support to the footage for the sake of making the show more entertaining by including some alleged BF video?

Was MM's acknowledgement that the video isn't real made after the episode's first showing? If so does this also mean that he has no power in decisions regarding the final editing and content? Or was he just trying to regain some of the lost credibility with an after the event dis-association with the footage?

As for the crew not having control over the editing, no they don't, but after this episode...

where the object was a horse, MM and Bobo both at the time figured out it was a horse but in editing they cut that out to make it look like they didn't know what it was, the crew had a coniption fit with the producers.

This was talked about in the "behind the scenes" episode at the start of this season. The crew said they made it clear to the producers not to do this again as they wanted no part of anything that might appear as an attempt to hoax.

So you have wonder how the cooler scene was portrayed as a possible BF. Surely none of the crew thought it anything but a person. And surely with their connections they could have found out before hand that this guy behind the video is a known hoaxer.

That's why I say this episode did themselves and the entire BF community a huge disservice. If I were a member of the BFRO I would quit and disassociate myself with them.

Some say the show is bringing BF into the fore of the public's thoughts and ideas about BF, but I say things like this do more damage than any good that has been accrued.

Guest wild eyed willy

There is no way 4 people will ever find BF by spending 3 or 4 days afield and then move on to some new location. They simply do not spend enough time in one location to gain any data.. Some of you folks on the forum have been researching for years and have had few encounters and some have had no encounters. Untill Finding BF gets that and begins spending months in one location, they will manage to find nothing. ( just like Monster Quest) .. even a four month long investigation by the team in one local might not yeld enough evidence. 4 days will gain you only tired feet.

The show should be about the town hall meetings and hearing the sightings stories.. It could also involve the re-enaction portion of the stories told. Now that would be a good show...

Edited by wild eyed willy

"Some say the show is bringing BF into the fore of the public's thoughts and ideas about BF, but I say things like this do more damage than any good that has been accrued."

I'd have to agree. The BFRO's database shouldn't be sullied by this show; the witnesses and curators aren't part of the show. That's just the public, recording its experiences, and it is notable that since "Finding Bigfoot" began, each raft of new reports features an encounter from this year or last.

But to do this to get that doesn't seem an even tradeoff.

The BFRO's database shouldn't be sullied by this show; the witnesses and curators aren't part of the show. That's just the public, recording its experiences, and it is notable that since "Finding Bigfoot" began, each raft of new reports features an encounter from this year or last.

Correction, some of the curators have been part of the show and have collected evidence to support the witnesses in the show. The episode on Oklahoma City is a prime example. The photo's, tracks and hairs collected date back to early 2000's.

Correction, some of the curators have been part of the show and have collected evidence to support the witnesses in the show. The episode on Oklahoma City is a prime example. The photo's, tracks and hairs collected date back to early 2000's.

Well, OK. But I wonder how much say the curators have in what is actually done with what they provide (when we have the actual principals getting all in a snit about stuff).

I would certainly hope that the database fuels what they're doing. But it doesn't seem to. I'd go for a long-term stay where my data said I had the best chance of payoff. I sure wouldn't flit all over the country for a few days per pop.

Now, Ketchum's saying she has HD footage of a Bigfoot.... Says the footage is unmistakable & Amazing. Wondering if its the same Russian footage on YouTube????

That will make MM cringe.

Well, OK. But I wonder how much say the curators have in what is actually done with what they provide (when we have the actual principals getting all in a snit about stuff).

Well the show was paying for the DNA tests, so that was probably out of the principal's hands. Not sure who is in a snit about that, but the show should follow up on it. The rest of the evidence doesn't require anything to be done, it either compels you or it doesn't.

I would certainly hope that the database fuels what they're doing. But it doesn't seem to. I'd go for a long-term stay where my data said I had the best chance of payoff. I sure wouldn't flit all over the country for a few days per pop.

They appear to be using either evidence that has surfaced publicly, places of notoriety, or recent encounters to fuel the search for places that are hot right now or have a promising history. Granted , with only a few days to spend in the field, their chances are slim for getting great evidence. I've been tracking Rene's experiences so far. She's found tracks with Cliff, heard vocals she wasn't sure about, had objects thrown, and heard woodknocks. She's been pretty stoked a few times, so that's the entertainment value for me.

Edited by southernyahoo

I'm watching the Mich episode right now. So, let me get this straight. The girl's truck gets hit by a log, and she was so scared that she stayed there until her dad got there? Then, they both see it because it waited around too? And, they call the BFRO because she doesn't want to call the authorities because they'll get laughed out of town, so they decide to go on TV to tell the story to millions of people? Hmmmmm.

Edited by PacNWSquatcher

BFF Patron

But hey let's talk about the BF they saw. It was tall and ran through 3 inch honeylocust young growth that had three inch thorns. I'd like to see the condition of that suit. j/k

The cooler episode pissed me off. It was truly insulting to have this show try to pass off what was obviously someone in a grey hoodie and jeans as a possible bigfoot. WTF?

I'm watching the Mich episode right now. So, let me get this straight. The girl's truck gets hit by a log, and she was so scared that she stayed there until her dad got there? Then, they both see it because it waited around too? And, they call the BFRO because she doesn't want to call the authorities because they'll get laughed out of town, so they decide to go on TV to tell the story to millions of people? Hmmmmm.

Do you think the initial assumption might have been there was a person who through the log against the truck, and the woman needed back up to confront the person?