Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

Rick Dyer is not a BF believer who retreated from the route of honesty because he was abused and ridiculed by others in the bigfoot community. He did not perpetrate a hoax because his feelings were hurt. Rick Dyer has openly said MANY times, he did not believe in bigfoot before and after the 2008 hoax. He did it because he thought it was funny and realized he could also make a profit from it.

If you go by the very definition of the words "Serial Hoaxer", it is a FACT that RD is a hoaxer.

Serial: performing a series of similar acts over a period of time

Hoax: to trick into believing or accepting as genuine something false and often preposterous

Yes but the very fact that he and his friend perpertrated that hoax, shows that they are quite screwed up people who wanted to stick a dagger through the bigfoot communitys heart. Why would they want to do that in the first place? What drives someone to think about doing that? I couldnt imagine doing that myself - could you?

And you know, I know it was bad what they did but actually when you take a step back and switch on the news, playing out a hoax is nothing absolutely nothing to what is really going on out there in the world. My heart bleeds when I read about how many children are groomed into the sex industries, about how many people abuse women, animals, men the list is endless. Yes of course I will be blinkin' angry if he has done another hoax, but not really as its not really that bad in the greater scheme of what goes on in life :(

Leaf - while I respect what you say, I absolutely, wholeheartedly disagree. Character is very important. Who you are, what you've done and who you're connected too are all very relevant, especially when the goal is to make profit.

RD didn't start out with a healthy interest and because of judging turned into a hoaxer. He came onto the scene as a hoaxer and has repeated the same pattern over and over. The only thing that has changed is protecting the info better.

From a journalistic point of view, no story is about the present alone. What happened before is very important into why things are the way they are, and why things that will happen, happened. If you want to ignore the multiple hoaxes and fakes that RD and crew have put out there, that's your right. For me, trust is earned, not given. Because of his past, he's in the negative and has to earn his way towards my trust. Would you trust your children with someone that once was a pedophile? Even if he'd rehabbed himself, I'd never leave him alone with children.

I've never attacked Violet or Jacki. I admire them. I just have too many unanswered questions and see too many trends to just believe with the simple snap of a finger. And it's not fear that makes me that way.

Yes but this is the whole reason for this thread njjohn. If we all just bought Rick Dyers latest story, the thread would just be news and well thats it. But no, because of his shady past, this latest story is being discussed. The question is 'is he telling the truth this time'? This is why we are all here in this thread because its a total conundrum. Maybe a hoaxer is telling the truth. I dont know how much you have read of this thread since its inception, but we have been researching whether this event could have happened as much as we feasibly can and at the end of the day, we still dont know. And the reason WHY we dont know, is because we dont trust Rick Dyer!!!

How much character would it take to bait something that has come to trust people, & then shoot it in the back?

If he did it, it doesn't speak much of his character IMO.

|Well thats it - hes a desperate person.

How much character would it take to bait something that has come to trust people, & then shoot it in the back?

If he did it, it doesn't speak much of his character IMO.

Oh I agree. I've stated multiple times that I don't believe it's true, nor do I believe it's fake. I don't have a horse in the race either way.

Yes but the very fact that he and his friend perpertrated that hoax, shows that they are quite screwed up people who wanted to stick a dagger through the bigfoot communitys heart. Why would they want to do that in the first place? What drives someone to think about doing that? I couldnt imagine doing that myself - could you?

And you know, I know it was bad what they did but actually when you take a step back and switch on the news, playing out a hoax is nothing absolutely nothing to what is really going on out there in the world. My heart bleeds when I read about how many children are groomed into the sex industries, about how many people abuse women, animals, men the list is endless. Yes of course I will be blinkin' angry if he has done another hoax, but not really as its not really that bad in the greater scheme of what goes on in life :(

The motivation was money. Why else do you think Biscardi was involved. This time it's a BBC documentary, last time it was multiple videos by Biscardi. Then they ridiculed those that believed, and ridiculed those that didn't believe. They called themselves the best trackers and sold expeditions to uninformed people over and over. It's the same in every industry. They don't care about anyone else, only themselves. Just because I couldn't do it personally doesn't mean those people don't exist. I know some personally.

Wow, this is totally the key to the entire discussion, and fits in with what I was trying to say to BFSleuth (which I now realize wasn't completely fair, because he was replying to Sasfooty, which changes the context a tiny bit, so now I wish I'd kept my mouth shut).

But anyway, I think you're absolutely right.

There isn't anything at stake here. We'll all be fine, and safe, no matter how this story ends.

Guest VioletX

I just finished reading today's lively posts :sarcastic:, really quite stimulating reading, thanks everyone for your contributions.

I need food and coffee and to warm -up before I add anything more, but really all I am doing is waiting to hear about Musky's adventure whenever that goes down.

No matter what "side", everyone is on, I am sure most will be checking in to see what happens then.

I know it will be ok.

In the case of BF, if this is real, I will be the same as I was before it was known.

But, if it is not real, then I will still be the same. I won't say I told you so.

I believe I said that

I just finished reading today's lively posts :sarcastic:, really quite stimulating reading, thanks everyone for your contributions.

I need food and coffee and to warm -up before I add anything more, but really all I am doing is waiting to hear about Musky's adventure whenever that goes down.

No matter what "side", everyone is on, I am sure most will be checking in to see what happens then.

Yes well done VioletX! Keep Calm and Carry On! lol Its good to bring the conversation back to bits of evidence that we are waiting to hear about. Cant wait to hear what report Musky comes back with. How much fun it will be pulling that apart and generally dissecting it! This is the whole point to this thread. To try and solve a puzzle!:)

Guest VioletX

Wow, this is totally the key to the entire discussion, and fits in with what I was trying to say to BFSleuth (which I now realize wasn't completely fair, because he was replying to Sasfooty, which changes the context a tiny bit, so now I wish I'd kept my mouth shut).

But anyway, I think you're absolutely right.

There isn't anything at stake here. We'll all be fine, and safe, no matter how this story ends.

Reminds me...at the uber- cultish yoga studio where I used to teach,at some point when people were getting a bit intense and competitive in their practice,lol, some one would say, "I'ts just yoga", basically lighten up it's just Bigfoot, right?

Leaf - while I respect what you say, I absolutely, wholeheartedly disagree. Character is very important. Who you are, what you've done and who you're connected too are all very relevant, especially when the goal is to make profit.

RD didn't start out with a healthy interest and because of judging turned into a hoaxer. He came onto the scene as a hoaxer and has repeated the same pattern over and over. The only thing that has changed is protecting the info better.

From a journalistic point of view, no story is about the present alone. What happened before is very important into why things are the way they are, and why things that will happen, happened. If you want to ignore the multiple hoaxes and fakes that RD and crew have put out there, that's your right. For me, trust is earned, not given. Because of his past, he's in the negative and has to earn his way towards my trust. Would you trust your children with someone that once was a pedophile? Even if he'd rehabbed himself, I'd never leave him alone with children.

I've never attacked Violet or Jacki. I admire them. I just have too many unanswered questions and see too many trends to just believe with the simple snap of a finger. And it's not fear that makes me that way.

John, I think "character" is a kind of fiction we invented to feel safer.

I think everybody's character can change in an instant. What do we say when the guy who's been toe-ing the line for millions of years suddenly snaps and does something we don't like? Or when someone who's been horrible in the past does something good?

We can't pin a label on someone and make it stick for all time.

So why bother?

Why not just watch patiently, and avoid labels?

That way, we've done our due diligence, but avoided adding to all the pain in the world.

Oh I agree. I've stated multiple times that I don't believe it's true, nor do I believe it's fake. I don't have a horse in the race either way.

The motivation was money. Why else do you think Biscardi was involved. This time it's a BBC documentary, last time it was multiple videos by Biscardi. Then they ridiculed those that believed, and ridiculed those that didn't believe. They called themselves the best trackers and sold expeditions to uninformed people over and over. It's the same in every industry. They don't care about anyone else, only themselves. Just because I couldn't do it personally doesn't mean those people don't exist. I know some personally.

Well if the motivation is money, then capturing and killing a bigfoot for real would be the ultimate bonanza wouldnt it? Far more money involved that duping a few people and selling a few DVD's for a couple of years. A real body would be the jackpot if money is what you want?

I'm with simplyskyla.

Have a good weekend!

Yes have a good superbowl? We dont have that over here :(:):(

Reminds me...at the uber- cultish yoga studio where I used to teach,at some point when people were getting a bit intense and competitive in their practice,lol, some one would say, "I'ts just yoga", basically lighten up it's just Bigfoot, right?

Totally! It's just Bigfoot, is right!

And I have used WAY too many capital letters today. And you're also right that there are no "sides".

I think I need to go get some food.......... and maybe a nap. :)

Guest VioletX

Totally! It's just Bigfoot, is right!

And I have used WAY too many capital letters today. And you're also right that there are no "sides".

I think I need to go get some food.......... and maybe a nap. :)

Food and a nap, yessssss....that is what I need; )

I feel that being open to the possibility that Dyer is truthful in this situation is almost akin ,in most peoples eyes, to bowing before a golden statue of Dyer and worshiping his greatness.

Despite his past, despite his "character", (and that is subjective depending on your experience with him), there are little glints of truth, that there is something to his story.

Some of it is from observation of how things have unfolded and some of it is gut instinct and listening to the undercurrent.

I don't expect any of that to convince people so here we are waiting...lol.

Food and a nap, yessssss....that is what I need; )

I feel that being open to the possibility that Dyer is truthful in this situation is almost akin ,in most peoples eyes, to bowing before a golden statue of Dyer and worshiping his greatness.

Despite his past, despite his "character", (and that is subjective depending on your experience with him), there are little glints of truth, that there is something to his story.

Some of it is from observation of how things have unfolded and some of it is gut instinct and listening to the undercurrent.

I don't expect any of that to convince people so here we are waiting...lol.

LOL Yes! I have one of those golden statues - but I keep it hidden from my neighbours (although they have never heard of him) LOL