Rick Dyer Again

Guest Scout1959

LeafTalker

Shake it off! It's ok, we are all being friendly here! We agree to disagree here. I think we have all been on the edge, in fact the thread got closed for a while! We are all passionate about our thoughts and sometimes we want to defend them, and yes we get a little ragged with our posts!

I think you all know where I stand on this! This thread would have ( and maybe should have ) been closed a long time without both sides weighing in.

I think, everyone should go back and read all the history in this area.

Right now, there are forces at work on both sides of this issue from different camps that we do not even know about.

If you read the blogs, you will see that a certain group is targeted with anonymous comments that disrupts the intent of the blog. Anyone who has followed the radio show and read the blogs know who the group is and who is targeting who.

Edited by lhlyda

Yes also but must realise that MarkGlasgow doesnt mince his words - but he is harmless really. Last week he said my statements were 'less than compelling' I almost cried but then instead I just laughed LOL

Jacki, I guess caps are "shout-y", and I should've been more thoughtful about that (but thanks)-- and actually I'm really grateful to Mark for giving me that opportunity! Although, yeah, he's not a word-mincer. ;-) Violet, like that? I think winks are way nicer! I will try to follow your example better! and Lhlyda (are those 'ells' or 'eyes'?), thank you!!!!! I will shake it off. Thanks. And that's very interesting information, about the forces at work we don't even know about. It does seem like there's a lot going on, and almost too much to keep track of (for me, anyway).

Yes this thread is running on Energizer batteries! Yes I saw that site about the marble mountain hoax. The only thing that bewildered me was the height of the figure - but do you reacon they had a false top half? ie false head and shoulders?

Not sure Jacki. I guess it's difficult to try and gauge the size of an object at such a distance. The MK Davis breakdown does suggest differences in colouration between the top and bottom halves of the object in question, this points to clothing being worn of course.

and Lhlyda (are those 'ells' or 'eyes'?)

Lol

Those are Ells

For Larry H. Lyda

I don't use a forum name. They are too hard to find one that is not taken, lol.

Besides, how are you going to believe someone who you don't know? Lol

Edited by lhlyda

Leaftalker, ihlyda is correct. This forum was founded on the concept that we are all family. If you read the BFF rules and guidelines, what we try to promote here is a discussion on both sides that are respectful. I don't see any dis-repect in your posts, just a heartfelt desire to get your point across. Nothing wrong with that if it is done with respect!

The one thing I know is we all have our opinions and we all have our points of view. If we can have the attitude that we are family and we may not agree all of the time, gut we defend each other's rights to express themselves without the disrespect, it makes the forum better. You have no worries my friend, it appears that many here feel the same way. It's all good and welcome to our family. :thumbsu:

KB

@ lhlyda: oh, cool. a lot of typefaces make it hard to tell which is which! and i would believe you, real name or madeup name. :)

@kbhunter: thank you, KB!!!!!!!!!!! you are generous to this new family member, and to us all, and i will try to be a good relation. :)

Edited by LeafTalker

I’ve been watching this thread from the beginning, and I really have been marveling over Jacki and Violet; and as my admiration grew, I suddenly veered from admiration to worry, as in, “Omg, this is an interesting way of approaching things, and it’s so interesting and different that it needs protecting!â€

But I also have to say LeafT, I cant speak for VioletX but you dont have to feel protective for me and my thoughts over this story. If it all turns out to be a hoax, then I will consider that I have just gone through my 'initiation ceremony'! Also, I am an artist. I dont care what people really think about my views. Infact being an artist its almost good PR to be outlandish and eccentric (or as some people would say a nutter). I thrive on being different and naughty hehe

But I also have to say LeafT, I cant speak for VioletX but you dont have to feel protective for me and my thoughts over this story. If it all turns out to be a hoax, then I will consider that I have just gone through my 'initiation ceremony'! Also, I am an artist. I dont care what people really think about my views. Infact being an artist its almost good PR to be outlandish and eccentric (or as some people would say a nutter). I thrive on being different and naughty hehe

...and thank heavens you do. :)

Yeah, I originally was gonna say, too, that I realized it was a little insulting of me to think you needed "protection", because everything you've said stands solidly and firmly on its own; no extras needed. :)

Guest Steve Byrne

HI Steve - can you say when it was exactly that you contact RL about this? If you left a message on RL's blog, can you give us a link to it? I would really like to know the date? Many thanks

I'm going back a little further, but I think this is my first mention of it on RL... (on dec. 14)

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2012/12/12/bigfoot-news-december-12-2012/#comment-119195

I'm going back a little further, but I think this is my first mention of it on RL... (on dec. 14)

http://robertlindsay...#comment-119195

Brilliant!! Thanks SteveB. I wonder why RL doesnt believe your claim of seeing this film? I was interested to read the other comments about Minnow being a legit and good film company with legit aims - just what i have been saying. Interesting thanks for that. In the meantime, are you sure you cant rifle through your harddrive and find that film?

I don't think anyone took what you said personal. Disagreement is imperative in the search for truth. If everyone agrees, you'll miss things. But society in general views it as an attack for some reason. Guns, religion, homosexuality, or whatever. Don't agree and you're demonized. Thank God it's not like that here.

I often play the devil's advocate just to make sure all possibilities are covered. If you don't ask questions, you'll never get answers.

Here's a few... RD says hoaxes can't make a profit, yet because of the attention he received he now claims to get about $20k a month from sponsors. He didn't receive that because he told the truth in Georgia. So the hoax didn't make a profit, but the attention from it did.

As to the homeless disappearing, there's two different possibilities. First, the homeless realized what was at that location and left for someplace else. Second, their was the craiglist ad looking for extras by RD. They paid the homeless to move to another spot (or not be homeless for a period of time) and moved the extras in to that location.

There's just much more to this story than some are willing to consider. Some believe without a doubt it's true. Some believe without a doubt it's false. My only hope is that everyone will look at everything involved, both past and present and keep an open mind. There's a lot of possibilities, and although it's hard, you have to remove yourself from the equation. Just because you wouldn't do something doesn't eliminate a possibility, because you aren't running the show.

Brilliant!! Thanks SteveB. I wonder why RL doesnt believe your claim of seeing this film? I was interested to read the other comments about Minnow being a legit and good film company with legit aims - just what i have been saying. Interesting thanks for that. In the meantime, are you sure you cant rifle through your harddrive and find that film?

I also wonder why RL assumes that Minnow wouldn't be involved in the hoax. If they were specifically filming legitimate hunters as well as hoaxers, wouldn't they include a hoax? They wouldn't lose any credibility. And if I recall, Minnow has kept hush about any details either way. Filming a hoax attempt wouldn't exactly make them involved. Minnow aren't the ones spreading the word about it, only RD.

I don't think anyone took what you said personal. Disagreement is imperative in the search for truth. If everyone agrees, you'll miss things.

Thanks, John! Some people said they felt judged, so I think I came on too strong for some (and I can see why, now). But I learned from it! And I'm glad you were not affected the same way. Thanks! :)

I also wonder why RL assumes that Minnow wouldn't be involved in the hoax. If they were specifically filming legitimate hunters as well as hoaxers, wouldn't they include a hoax? They wouldn't lose any credibility. And if I recall, Minnow has kept hush about any details either way. Filming a hoax attempt wouldn't exactly make them involved. Minnow aren't the ones spreading the word about it, only RD.

But we dont know that Minnow are filming a hoax do we? We are pretty sure that they are using someone (RD) who has done hoaxes but that doesnt say that their film will contain hoaxes. I think they would lose credibility myself. Here is a film about Morgan Matthews of Minnow.
You neednt watch all of it but the 3 minutes does give you a sense of how genuine they are with their intent - that is to create thought provoking intelligent and sensitive films. A hoax wouldnt seem their 'thing' I am afraid. We have also discovered that they received a £250,000.00 award from the British Film Institute. An institution such as that would never give even £2 towards a film that was going to make fun of a section of society (the bigfoot community) and they wouldnt give £2 towards a film that was all about a cheap hoax. A film with a hoax contained within it, is a 'sensationalist' idea, a cheap 'laugh'. Its just not their style. Sorry but we have covered all this before :( Edited by JackiLB