The Kill Club

norseman

SSR Team

Bwahahaaha you're a bad man COG..;)

I think staying well away from any populated areas is the right call unless you have a specific location and can operate without interference. I am fairly certain they are dumpster divers ( based on reports ), but taking one close to populations will only make the planning much more complex and increases the risks. You have to start somewhere and what you have outlined seems like a good starting point.

When I mentioned advertising for families with animal problems, I meant that in the past there have been quite a few reports of rural families that were scared of what they thought was bf activity and they needed help getting rid of them. If these cases are real, that would be an ideal opportunity to try and solve their problem and provide a specimen for science. Rural families are often strong people and not only would that provide a known area, but you would also have some help from the family like deep knowledge of the terrain and accessible areas, more eyes on the ground, patterns of behavior, and most importantly, private land.

Norse....what's your timeline for this Op?

Summer of 2014

I'd like to just bang one out a month. Prolly July, August and September.

Nothing is set in stone yet though.

Guest Druid

That's pretty spiffy Norse, think the innards of that'll handle larger cal. recoil vibe? the techy stuff inside might be fine with .223, however the larger cal. AR platforms

might rattle its brains out. If you cant tell I'm in the grips of a K.I.S.S.review of my gear an toys.. I go through fits of tech wonderment (the glassy eyed ooh pretty I want it..) case in point, my love hate; buy not buy the new Burris scope system.. then I snap back to "manual mode" muttering to myself that I still cant work the Turkey scratch call worth beans..

Slick item Norse. It's USA made and the components wouldn't be a problem so long as the assembly is up to snuff. Not so much different than the EoTech holosight on my Socom16. 

Guest Druid

Airdale Is that the Springfield M1A short variant? I'm partial to this for my Scout :

TA648-308H: ACOG 6x48 Scope

Whoops, Trijicon

Edited by Druid

Yeah, it's the first version without the 2.5 lbs. of aluminum rails hanging on the fore end. Just has the short rail popping up through the heat shield like the Scout. Nice rifle and recoil is very light. I acquired the rear portion of an ar lower from Tactical Innovations in Bonner's Ferry, ID. Just enough to mount an ar pistol grip and stock. Winter project will be to cut off the existing shoulder stock and pin and epoxy that in place. I've got arthritis and fibromyalgia, so a pistol grip makes it easier for my trigger finger to align properly. Kind of thinking of fitting a custom rail about 18" long from the rear sight block, or may install an Ultimak rail in place of the factory heat shield. I've had one of those on my Mini-14 for several years and like it. Kinda see how it all pans out as the project progresses.

That's pretty spiffy Norse, think the innards of that'll handle larger cal. recoil vibe? the techy stuff inside might be fine with .223, however the larger cal. AR platforms

might rattle its brains out. If you cant tell I'm in the grips of a K.I.S.S.review of my gear an toys.. I go through fits of tech wonderment (the glassy eyed ooh pretty I want it..) case in point, my love hate; buy not buy the new Burris scope system.. then I snap back to "manual mode" muttering to myself that I still cant work the Turkey scratch call worth beans..

Only one way to find out!!!! :)

BFF Patron

check out the Satillite dish   :lol:

Is that a Satellite dish, I thought it was a 3 day old leftover overgrown cantaloupe rind that had been painted gray?!   

• 3 weeks later...
Just wanted to share with you my mil spec monkey hat.

IMG_0084_zps3a153c43.jpg

IMG_0086_zps28fd93a2.jpg

IMG_0085_zpsb0516902.jpg

It has velcro front, back and a small top spot for a IR reflector. 

The patch is the mil spec monkey logo.

And I'm getting a Project Grendel patch designed as well.

The hat is a flex fit with a patented shooting ear plug design that retracts back into the hat..........pretty cool.

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic