The Kill Club

norseman

A 74 no less......

But I'd say the guy is lucky. But put that rifle into a rifle team with some sort of support weapon then....yah, no.

Guest What is that

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mnbrt/2013/07/30/mnbrt-radio-with-brenda-harris

Norseman, there was a radio show with Brenda Harris as guest. She mentioned that her reserve has been experiencing multiple bigfoot encounters in New Mexico. Stealing food from their gardens, killing livestock to the ruin of families and they are having even more daytime encounters. Was a good radio show on MN BRT radio. I wonder if her reserve would be willing for you to put the fear of man back into these creatures. Would be a chance to provide a body for science. Of course local law enforcement said it was a bear that killed that man on the riverbank, his surviving bud knows what attacked them.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mnbrt/2013/07/30/mnbrt-radio-with-brenda-harris

Norseman, there was a radio show with Brenda Harris as guest. She mentioned that her reserve has been experiencing multiple bigfoot encounters in New Mexico. Stealing food from their gardens, killing livestock to the ruin of families and they are having even more daytime encounters. Was a good radio show on MN BRT radio. I wonder if her reserve would be willing for you to put the fear of man back into these creatures. Would be a chance to provide a body for science. Of course local law enforcement said it was a bear that killed that man on the riverbank, his surviving bud knows what attacked them.

I tried listening to that podcast last night, but fell asleep. Working some long hours in the oil field right now.

But while I'd love to be a professional Grendel hunter, right now it's not financially in the cards for me to mount a expedition into New Mexico.

Anybody own/looked at one of these?

It apparently can be used as a handheld recorder as well....while not cheap, seems to good to be true!

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/thermal_scope/prweb10775844.htm

4 grand is low cost for a FLIR rifle scope. Still too rich for my blood though...

While as a hunter I know I have my preference for firearms and I wouldn't entertain anyone else's projection of what I should use If I were to come across a BF, I'm going to go ahead and give you my thoughts anyways LOL sorry. I know you have your rifle of choice already but I wanted to add my gal to the mix for the sake of conversation. It's a bolt action 12 gauge 'shotgun' that's mag fed with a rifled bore. I put shotgun in quotes because it's slug specific, it doesn't shoot shot, and with the rifled bore and bolt action I always think of her as more of a rifle. I got it specifically for deer season because up until 3 seasons ago Wyoming County, NY was shotgun only during the gun season (excluding the later muzzle loader season.) It qualifies as a shotgun for that purpose and I've grown quite attached to it. I know the muzzle velocity is lower than a center-fire, but with the 50 cal (equivalent) high expansion slug it has some real stop and drop power. You say Norse earlier that you wouldn't risk a long distance shot to avoid accidentally shooting a hoaxer, for that same reason I think this girl is perfect, dead nuts accurate to 140 yards because of the action and the barrel, but it keeps you from thinking about shots longer than that. I know if I ever come across a BF during deer season I would be fully confident in it's ability to get the job done. Not much of an addition to the thread but I just wanted to put that out there, keep it up, love reading!

It's a Mossberg 695 BTW.

Guest COGrizzly

You wussies.

Leatherman 154cm e33Tx to the kidneys = one angry, but dying squatch.

:-)

ETA ~ Much like courting a woman, it's all about the chase, right?

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic