Oh Dear, Another Body...

Guest VioletX

^ Makes sense.

I'm still fuzzy though as to why Team Quantra want to kick Ed's butt on the one hand, but let him act as a go-between on the other.

Guest reelback

Also can u please establish what a bridging group is for? Bridging what?

If quantra have their own pr people, to obviously relate their supposed evidence to the public why do they need Ed to organise another pr group to bridge between quantra and who?

Maybe selling you a bridge, but there is no other bridge here.

http://en.wikipedia....Brooklyn_Bridge

References to "selling the Brooklyn Bridge" abound in American culture, sometimes as examples of rural gullibility but more often in connection with an idea that strains credulity. For example, "If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you." George C. Parker and William McCloundy are two early 20th-century con-men who had (allegedly) successfully perpetrated this scam on unwitting tourists.[57] The 1949 Bugs Bunny cartoon Bowery Bugs is a joking reference to Bugs "selling" a story of the Brooklyn Bridge to a naïve tourist.
Edited by reelback

The threat of legal action could be the end game for this probable hoax. If one is setting up an elaborate hoax for fame and fortune, or at least notoriety, here's how it goes:

1) make outlandish claims

2) back it up with no evidence

3) later claim you can't speak about it because it's an ongoing legal matter

4) keep up the charade for years, go on BF talk shows, write a book etc.

Guest miller44

I can see some definate OUTS for both Ed and mabrc.

Ed has made it clear that he has seen no evidence of the capture and it is all just word of mouth....a great escape for him.

Where did that good old "5 stages of a hoax" list come from? I think it might be something that originated in the UFO community; other than the first & last steps the order may vary, but basically it goes:

1) Make an outrageous claim.

2) Attack your critics.

3) Use delay tactics.

4) Expand the hoax.

5) Conclude by claiming that you were the one who was hoaxed.

Wherever that came from, it's an insightful list IMO. Most every single concern that forum members here are expressing, be they concerns about the eventual outcome, or concerns about the situation as it stands, seem to be concerns which arise from this scenario branching into one of those 5 categories...

Melissa, there is nothing wrong with what you have done so far, indeed, it is commendable. Perhaps I should rephrase it as:

"you don't want to, in the future, undertake any actions that might be construed as becoming an accessory after the fact"

The only DNA interpretation of BF humanity available is that of Melba Ketchum, an establilshed forensic investigator. Even though the details have not yet been published, her credibility is plenty sufficient to be a giant red flag about violating human rights of the BF, if such rights pertain.

Okay people - please calm down and slow down. First of all Spurfoot - Melba needs to get her paper published. Secondly - what you are talking about is going to take a whole lot more than a scientific publication in order to see the light of day. I won't be holding my breath - but I wish all the luck in the world to those who think "humans rights" is a possibility for Bigfoot. Also, my asking questions has nothing to do with a situation that may or may not be going on.

We don't even know if this is true or not - and already people are talking about criminal charges? C'mon..

I am going to continue with the questions and answers because there are people who want this information - right here on this forum. Lets all take a deep breath and just calm down. :)

Guest reelback

The threat of legal action could be the end game for this probable hoax.

Okay people - please calm down and slow down. First of all Spurfoot - Melba needs to get her paper published. Secondly - what you are talking about is going to take a whole lot more than a scientific publication in order to see the light of day. I won't be holding my breath - but I wish all the luck in the world to those who think "humans rights" is a possibility for Bigfoot. Also, my asking questions has nothing to do with a situation that may or may not be going on.

We don't even know if this is true or not - and already people are talking about criminal charges? C'mon..

I am going to continue with the questions and answers because there are people who want this information - right here on this forum. Lets all take a deep breath and just calm down. :)

This. Come on folks. Legal action? Whose kidding who here.

Can anyone realistically believe that Melissa is in legal peril here? Its borderline insanity. Let's let that one rest.

Folks seem desperate to troll this story and hang on to its sliver of possibility, fine. I'll continue to advocate hoax and suggest we walk away. As a community, its a pretty strong statement to universally call this out as a hoax and move on. It would mean something. But the message we are giving is that this works.

Personally, I do believe the tide in this thread is turning to hoax, I'd like to see that continue.

Melissa, again, you're a starlet for your effort, but I think you might consider cutting this 'Ed' off unless he offers and direct and substantial proof.

/rant :-)

Edited by AaronD
discussion of moderation/attempting to guide members

Melissa,

Here is a question I think Ed should answer.

Why is he so private about his identity? If he was serious about this I would think being an actual living person people can relate to could only help his cause.

If he is that sucessfull in his supposed net worth I can't imagine Bigfoot would really hurt any of that.

Guest roblester

Question :

When I look at claims ( going way back ) I never really paid attention to names. I was all ways researching the claim, not the person. Seems now, part of protocal needs to be investigating the person ( S ) involved also. That is to bad, and I wish groups would try to fix this ongoing, and growing issue.

Why has this circus become so big?...What made / makes Ed Smith credible enough to get this attention?...I only know of what I have been reading on this claim, and obviously, on Ed smith. And it seems the only thing he had, was postings on a forum.

If I, or anyone else came out and posted I caught a live Bigfoot on a forum, would it be this big of a circus?

I only ask, as to me, it would seem claims like these should, or would, only get attention if it were a credible source. I can not for the life of me, find anywhere how this Ed is, or was a credible source.

I am only interested now in why some still hold hope on this, and are willing to even give him, or anyone associated with him the time of day. This interests me.

I know it will go on forever and a day. It will be discussed, unless someone admits everything, or if someone can get some un deniable facts to a hoax.

And to clarify. Melissa, not saying you in this. Although, I have stated, I was trying to do the same. You have more patience then I do, I would have all ready stated :

" Ed Smith, I am not going to discuss this with you nor anyone anymore, until evidence is shown to the public "

That is just me, not saying you need to.

Edited by roblester

Guest apaulo
Personally, I do believe the tide in this thread is turning to hoax, I'd like to see that continue.

If you think that everyone is agreeing with you because we don't post very often then think again. I don't find it worth my time to get worked up and jump to conclusions as if that meant something. This is a waiting game. I appreciate Melissa's efforts to give us information in the vacuum. I think the bottom line is that Ed Smith started this project, sold it out, but is trying to steer the Quantra team to getting the information out there, instead of waiting till they have all their ducks in a row. Their reaction to his initial disclosure tells him that they have something.

Guest VioletX

Thinking more about this, I am hoping this is just a hoax. To me this is just not the right way to get to know a Bigfoot; it is just not humane.

But whatever is going on, I am sure Melissa will get to the bottom of it!

(no pressure or anything)

;)

Guest roblester

If you think that everyone is agreeing with you because we don't post very often then think again. I don't find it worth my time to get worked up and jump to conclusions as if that meant something. This is a waiting game. I appreciate Melissa's efforts to give us information in the vacuum. I think the bottom line is that Ed Smith started this project, sold it out, but is trying to steer the Quantra team to getting the information out there, instead of waiting till they have all their ducks in a row. Their reaction to his initial disclosure tells him that they have something.

You do realize the only verification that Quantra exists is Ed Smith, correct?

I had posted before, Ed himself said it had 42 or was it 46? members not to long ago. I am pretty darn sure, at least one former member, or even another current member would have come out and said something either way by now. And, with that many members, someone surely would have posted something somewhere during the last 5,6,7 years?

Google it, see for yourself...Nothing out there.

Crap, just gave them an idea.....