Oh Dear, Another Body...

Guest VioletX

Guest roblester

Well, one good point :

it is so hard to get skeptics to give the subject a fair shake.

I can say, without a doubt, being a " skeptic " with most research teams and sites not agreeing on much, and ripping on each other, that does not help.

I look at evidence, and facts, and when trying to collaborate any this is a true issue.........Other then facts, when it comes to other things.....

Who do you believe?

It is very frustrating.

Unforunately it will be your problem whether you like it or not. You know that old saying, "If you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas". I would try to keep the more exotic fleas off my reputation since it's a matter of trying to pick the dubious from the even more dubious in bigfoot world. If you do not owe Ed any favors then why bother with this nonsense?

That's like calling a reporter in a battle zone a collaborator, witch would be far from the truth. She is just reporting what she was told and hasn't made a claim either way on this, so, that's not her problem at all.

Unforunately it will be your problem whether you like it or not. You know that old saying, "If you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas". I would try to keep the more exotic fleas off my reputation since it's a matter of trying to pick the dubious from the even more dubious in bigfoot world. If you do not owe Ed any favors then why bother with this nonsense?

Because this "nonsense", as you call it, is fun and possibly true. And if it is true, it is the biggest scientific discovery ever. I know I want on at the ground floor if this is true.

Edited by Mounty

This first question and answer bit is a bit confusing - what Ed did was take the entire question and he broke it down into part.. Here is the full question.

The most overwhelming question I have right now - deals with your relationship with Quantra. You stated you are not a member of Quantra - yet you received a text message discussing this alleged "capture". You have stated those involved with Quantra are not really happy with you for the release of information - but why are they even involving you at this point? Instead of being furious and threatening you with legal action for disclosure of information - it appears they are taking you back in the fold and are making you apart of this. Are you supporting this group in some way?

Question: The most overwhelming question I have right now - deals with your relationship with Quantra. You stated you are not a member of Quantra -

Ed Smith: Yes that is correct. I have never have been a member of Quantra Group. Past present or future.

Question: Yet you received a text message discussing this alleged "capture".

Ed Smith: Yes I did.

Question: You have stated those involved with Quantra are not really happy with you for the release of information -

Ed Smith: This is true.

Question: but why are they even involving you at this point?

Ed Smith: They asked me to oversee the Bridging Group meeting. I agreed as long as they were compliant with the frame work of the meeting. It is important.

I am not a spokesman for the Quantra Group as has been misreported. They do have a PR agency in the wings I do not know their game plan.

Question: Instead of being furious and threatening you with legal action for disclosure of information -

Ed Smith: The have informed me that legal action is on the table.

Question: It appears they are taking you back in the fold and are making you apart of this.

Ed Smith: I am not a member, consultant or a representative of the Quantra Group. As stated above, I’m assisting with the Bridging meeting and that is it.

Question: Are you supporting this group in some way?

Ed Smith: I'm assuming you mean financially? No they do ask questions from time to time but other than that, No.

Question: What is the reasoning behind a capture scenario then eventual release?

Ed Smith: My goal when the O-6 was in operation. We were to capture, examine, and release. It was on the advice of an academic consultant that we began to design an eventually construct a repository(s) for the holding of a specimen for long term examination 30 to 90 days in duration.

I'm concerned this long term examination period might lead to behavior issues for the specimen four of the members of O-6 (NOT ME) opted for the add-on to the project.

Question: By your own admission you have seen no pictures or anything that would prove this event has actually taken place.

Ed Smith: Yes that is correct.

Question: So, what percentage of belief do you put in this being a legitimate capture scenario?

Ed Smith: From what I have seen at the periphery I would put it at better than ninety percent. (90% +)

Dig deeper.. Why did THEY ( Quantra) choose to involve HIM ( Ed Smith ) in this so called bridging meeting? This was not answered.

Regarding the capture/examine/ release method, does anyone else foresee a "Here are some pictures, some hair, some scat to prove we did in fact catch a Bigfoot, but sorry we had to let it go, so no you can't see it" potential hoax evolving??

You go gettem Melissa!! Leave no stone unturned!! I agree with some of the other folks on here, if not a face to face, how about a recorded Skype conversation? It's easy to embellish on a keyboard, less so when eyes are being cast your way..

Regardless, good luck and cheers for bonafide answers!!

Thanks for filling us in again Melissa. I apologize for people who continue not to understand the difference between reporting and collaborating. :keeporder:

CTfoot said:

I appreciate your concern. But as I said - if people can not tell the difference between the person who made the "claim" and the person simply reporting on it - that is not my problem.

Frankly it says more about them than it does me. But, it does not mean you have to support them or lead the charge. People will always think what they want - but that does not mean I need to tailor my life to suit them. That is not the person I am - I do not live my life in fear of what others might think or say about me - nor will I ever.

Those who know me (truly know me) know the person I am and, at the end of the day, THAT is all that really matters to me. Anything else is a popularity contest, and I am not interested in that, nor have I ever been.