Oh Dear, Another Body...

Guest VioletX

Guest buckeyefooter

Thinking more about this, I am hoping this is just a hoax. To me this is just not the right way to get to know a Bigfoot; it is just not humane.

But whatever is going on, I am sure Melissa will get to the bottom of it!

(no pressure or anything)

;)

I agree,..it seems rather odd to come to know of these guys in this light. This doesn't seem to be the "romantic" way in which we should discover their existence. Providing its legit. But trust me in this, Melissa will not play any games with the truth. It will be told the way it is. Regardless of who doesn't like it.!!!!!!!

The whole thing sounds like something from a Dan Brown novel. However, I'm riding this story to the bitter end. Really, for no other reason than it's incredibly entertaining!

However, if it's proven to be nothing but a hoax OR if it ends in something like; "sorry but Quantra has decided to go private and use the info gained for a top-secret project" or "we had to release Daisy because the shock was causing her health to suffer. Because we care so much, we won't be releasing any info, in order to protect Daisy and our group," then I think there must be consequences for Mr. Smith and the forum that allows this.

If this is all true and Quantra proves to have captured a Bigfoot, then I will offer my deepest respect to the enigmatic Mr. Smith and jump on his bandwagon with complete and blind enthusiasm.

Guest reelback

If you think that everyone is agreeing with you because we don't post very often then think again. I don't find it worth my time to get worked up and jump to conclusions as if that meant something. This is a waiting game. I appreciate Melissa's efforts to give us information in the vacuum. I think the bottom line is that Ed Smith started this project, sold it out, but is trying to steer the Quantra team to getting the information out there, instead of waiting till they have all their ducks in a row. Their reaction to his initial disclosure tells him that they have something.

I'd be foolish to think everyone is agreeing with me. But I do believe the thread is turning towards considering this a hoax until some evidence comes forward to substantiate the claim.

I think the Johnson article I quoted on a previous page nails this spot on... this is about the 10 mil and Spike TV.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, obviously. I've concluded this is a hoax unless some real evidence appears. Even if groupthink is leaning hoax, it doesn't stop an effort to verify it. I believe verification its a hoax is more valuable than outright dismissal.

Edited by reelback

Good morning everyone.

People booger: Frankly - I do not see the value in a lie detector test. Let me explain why. If someone truly believes what they are saying - they will pass a lie detector test every time. That is one reason why they are not admissible in court. They are used most often by Law Enforcement and Attorneys - why? Personally I think it's more of a scare tactic. For many the thought is, "A liar would never be strapped to a machine they think will tell us they are lying, and an honest person will jump at the chance to prove they are telling the truth." Problem being - if someone truly believes in their mind - that what they are saying is true - even if it is a complete fabrication - they will pass the lie detector with flying colors.

For those of you who have no idea who I am, or have never dealt with me, or worked with me. Let me share something with you that I think might give you some insight into how my noodle works. I am educated as a paralegal. Toward the end of my time in school I had to complete an internship - I chose to intern with a State Public Defenders office as an intern-investigator, I was accepted into a county office.

(I actually held two intern positions, the other was with the coroners office - but I had to leave that position as there was a conflict of interest between the two.)

I would spend most of my 40+ hours a week at the local county jail interviewing inmates, taking financial information and then onto the daunting task of investigating their stories. When I would walk out of each meeting at the local jail (in the beginning) I was CERTAIN some people were guilty and I was CERTAIN some people were innocent. The only thing initially that I was - was wrong (upon completion of most of the investigations). It all came to a head one afternoon - and I almost walked away from it all. I won't get into details (I'm sure you understand why) but I was CERTAIN one female client was innocent (locked up on parole violations -- again) and deserved a second chance - but while the facts said she was innocent of the charges against her -- she was not. I had a very tough time. I was ready to leave the legal profession all together. Then an attorney took me aside and told me the story of the frog and the scorpion......I took a couple weeks off - then went back and started again with a new frame of mind.

What was the new frame of mind? Leave my personal opinions at the door - and simply go where the evidence lead me. I am also not responsible for the things other people do. That situation was a defining moment in my life and I feel largely responsible for how I evaluate everything today. Just the facts - and you can keep your tears to yourself because I simply have no time for it. That may sound cold to you all - but that is who I am and that is how I function. It's how I must function. I don't get taken in anymore. Even if I am apart of this "bridging group" and we have this face to face meeting - someone better pony up the physical evidence - or it won't bode well. But, I am fair. Even when fair is unpopular. As I said, I did not sign up for a popularity contest. Everyone is entitled to their opinion - just as I am. I would never take that away from anyone - even if they are wrong.

When I look at any situation - I do not speculate. I go where evidence leads me. Some of you have already decided this is a hoax and some of you have decided this is true. Calling every situation a hoax, may the safe bet, and you could very well be right but, without evidence to support that, all you really have is speculation and gossip.

Do I think Ed Smith is telling the truth? I have no idea. I do not have enough evidence to tell me anything either way. If I get evidence that tells me Ed is hoaxing - I will reveal that faster than you can type the word hoaxer. That you can be sure of - and this is something Ed Smith already knows about me. But at this juncture - I simply do not have the evidence to make a determination one way or the other.

Now, I have more questions and answers from Ed. Again, he took some of my questions and broke them down - so I will first post the questions - then his full responses. It does not appear to me that he missed any question. If I am wrong about that I would appreciate the correction.

Question 6 comes from a member of the forum. I do not have permission to post the name of the forum member - as I forgot to ask. If this person wants to identify himself/herself that is up to them. Thank you for the question :)

Questions in full:

1. If you have seen no photos, videos, reports or the alleged specimen, how can you be 90+ % sure this is a legitimate capture scenario? What information have they provided that makes you that certain?

2. I read your explanation for your involvement with Quantra on this. But, that does not explain why they are involving you. By all rights, they could have kicked you to the curb for your information disclosure. But, they have not. Why not?

3. Who is Mr. Alexander? What can you tell us about him?

4. Going back to the “cratesâ€. You stated there are 8 total, but there are 6 in the field. Are they all on one property? If not how many to a property and do you have a number for the people involved that know about these “crates†and their locations?

5. Let’s talk about the “knock down†gas and how you described the air being sucked from the crate to render the subject unconscious. What preparations, if any, were made should the subject not begin to breathe on their own? Could you describe this in more detail as some are alleging simply doing this and not performing some kind of resuscitation (and following up with an immediate tranquilizer) would have ended with the death of the alleged subject.

6. From what field(s) of study is the group getting advice for sedation, immobilization, general health & welfare and examination?

a. Exotic husbandry (e.g. zookeeping), general biology, wildlife biology, veterinary (domestic, wildlife or exotic), medical, or other?

b. From the field(s) listed in the response for 1.a. which are protocol consultants, hired or on the ground participants, or group members?

Questions and Answers:

Question: If you have seen no photos, videos, reports or the alleged specimen, how can you be 90+ % sure this is a legitimate capture scenario?

Ed Smith: At the meeting in Houston they spoke of the specimen and referenced it several times.

Question: What information have they provided that makes you that certain?

Ed Smith: They are the ones who want to have a face to face meeting that was not a battle to get in the meeting framework.

It's just a matter of what content is or must be presented at the meeting. Other than what I have already discussed I have drawn those conclusions.

Question: I read your explanation for your involvement with Quantra on this. But, that does not explain why they are involving you. By all rights, they could have kicked you to the curb for your information disclosure.

Ed Smith: I endured about an hour of anger at the Houston meeting and there still may be legal ramifications. "I do bring to the table an understanding of the Bigfoot community we do not have" as stated by one of the principals in attendance.

I have stated and I will do it again, I am only overseeing the Bridging Group Meeting. Nothing More!

Question: But, they have not. Why not? What makes them think you won’t disclose sensitive information now?

Ed Smith: I have not signed any other NDA's or agreements, So that's a question that the principals would to have To answer.

Question: It is not my intent to insult you, but if you were on the outside looking in, as most in this community, you would have to admit it is curious that they would want to keep you involved.

Ed Smith: Outside of the information that I have shared in my posts and in the Q&A. Compared to being in control of the O-6 operations. I am on the outside. I'm just standing closest to the window. I told DW and DO in a phone call tonight I have never seen an organization that has a plan in front of them and yet they don't know what to do?

It is frustrating to say the least.

Now let's switch the tables, if I were in their shoes knowing what I do from my past work and everything else being same. I would have kicked me out.

They did not.

Keep this question and ask them at the meeting.

Question: Who is Mr. Alexander? What can you tell us about him?

Ed Smith: He is a successful trader in secondary commercial (commercial mortgages, student loans, etc). Mid fifties educated has three children marred thirty plus years.

Question: Going back to the “cratesâ€. You stated there are 8 total, but there are 6 in the field. Are they all on one property?

Ed Smith: I'm speaking only about how the O-6 operations that were conducted. No.

Question: If not how many to a property and do you have a number for the people involved that know about these “crates†and their locations?

Ed Smith: I'm speaking only about how the O-6 operations that were conducted. Maximum of two per property depending on location topology many different factors, a minimum nine personnel per location again it would vary on location.

The examination area would have 1 or 2 additional personnel until needed when the examination team would assemble. The examination team consists of 18 to 20 additional personnel brought in to the location when needed. These are as needed personnel and would be assembled and notified with the "Flash List"

Question: Let’s talk about the “knock down†gas and how you described the air being sucked from the crate to render the subject unconscious. What preparations, if any, were made should the subject not begin to breathe on their own? Could you describe this in more detail as some are alleging simply doing this and not performing some kind of resuscitation (and following up with an immediate tranquilizer) would have ended with the death of the alleged subject.

Ed Smith: The knock down gas system does not force all O2 out of the crate. The escaping air exits through vent slots at the bottom additional air slots at the top of the unit allow air in to the unit at a reduced rate. The system reduces the amount of O2 in the air to cause an unconscious state.

The unit was tested with one O2 sensor in the middle of the unit at half height and four more in each corner at floor level. The system reduced the available O2 level to 9.71% for a duration of 57 seconds O2 levels returned to Normal in 88 seconds, that is why we set the follow on N2 releases at 3.5 minutes. There was no need for necessitation determined.

Question: From what field(s) of study is the group getting advice for sedation, immobilization, general health & welfare and examination?

a. Exotic husbandry (e.g. zookeeping), general biology, wildlife biology, veterinary (domestic, wildlife or exotic), medical, or other?

b. From the field(s) listed in the response for 1.a. which are protocol consultants, hired or on the ground participants, or group members?

Ed Smith: We contracted and compensated zoologist, biologist, geneticists, large animal veterinarians, radiology technicians, medical lab techs some of these professionals were contracted as consultations but some were contracted for the examination team most of these served a dual purpose.

EMT, Ex military personnel, and members of the O-6 staff were utilized in the field operations.

All signed non disclosure agreements and were compensated at 3 to 7 times the normal rates for their profession and participation. When we ceased operation severance compensation was provided.

The majority of them continued on with the Quantra group under new NDA's and compensation packages. O-6 NDA's remain in affect for 25 years or until released. These were reaffirmed at severance.

Having said all that - let me say this.

I agreed to do this - so people could get their questions answered - and so I could get some answered myself. BUT - as some of you know (through private conversation) I am battling a bug of some kind. I agreed to do this and I will do everything in my power to follow through on that agreement - much to the dismay of my fiance who would rather I stay in bed and rest. BUT - should I not respond for a day or two, PLEASE do not think I am in hiding or that Ed has decided to stop answering questions --- it will most likely be that my body has decided to not get out of bed. I have been going back and forth from the couch, bed and this computer since all this started.

I am not asking for sympathy - it's just a stupid bug. I am simply telling you all now, if you don't hear from me for a day or two - it is not a big conspiracy - I am sick. Nothing more - nothing less.

Thank you all for understanding. :)

Guest VioletX

Thank you Melissa,

get some rest!

Try cup of (whole) lemon juice in hot water w/honey a couple times a day ; D

I have 3 questions for Ed, and thank him for his answers please...

What is the time line now for release of information?

How does this network support these 7 people that are ensconced at these locations?

Can Ed add any more details about the subjects health/well being or really anything about him/her??

Thanks Melissa.

Thank you both. But really - its just a stupid bug.

I will add your questions VioletX - I already have the question about the subjects well being included in the round I am sending him today - but I will add the others you requested.

Your very welcome.