Oh Dear, Another Body...

Guest VioletX

Play by Play, Updated:

• Dec. 27, 2012: First reported on MABRC forum & Facebook, followed by Bigfoot Evidence.
  • Report was of a text message leaked by Ed Smith.
  • The text was sent by a member of Team Quantra (The Original 6).
  • The text stated "Daisy is in the Box", which is a code phrase for a Bigfoot (possibly Female) has been captured.
  • The Rumour Mill fires up.
  • Dec. 27, 2012: D.W. Lee does not deny the capture, and states that it did not happen in Oklahoma.
  • Dec. 28, 2012: Bigfoot Evidence reports that the Bigfoot Chicks interviewed D.W. Lee, who stated a trap was specially designed with a trigger set to close if a 350+ pound weight steps on a plate, and that a team of privately contracted scientist will examine the evidence.
  • Dec. 28, 2012: Ed Smith reports that the Bigfoot was moved from the capture site to the examination site during the early morning hours (12 miles between the two sites).
  • MABRC website crashes due to too many hits.
  • Tim Fasano says something false and not worth mentioning.
  • MABRC get their website back up and running.
  • D.W. Lee states that Ed Smith will be posting a 90 page document regarding the capture.
  • Dec. 29, 2012: More Rumours. Matt Moneymaker claims that no bigfoot has been captured. (I guess he's protecting his tv show, after all, Matt's out of work if Bigfoot is actually found; step aside Amateurs, step in Scientists)
  • Ed Smith states that he will not provide any further updates, and that any updates will come directly from Team Quantra.
  • D.W. Lee, MABRC Executive Director, has referenced us as people on the blogs, and we've been told to be patient.
  • Dec. 30, 2012: Midnight, BFF member and member of MABRC, Driveroperator, explains what he knows about "Team Quantra" & Ed Smith: A group of wealthy and technologically gifted college friends who have, for the past decade, been researching an area in Oklahoma with success, however Ed Smith was too eager to go public and therefore left the group. Ed says he left because between work, family & Bigfoot something had to go. MABRC was the organization of choice for "Team Quantra" due to Geographic convenience.
  • Jan. 01, 2013: Ed Smith states that he will hold a meeting in Houston on Jan. 02, 2013, between Himself and Quantra. This meeting will be to discuss setting up another meeting between Quantra, MABRC and select individuals.
  • JRid posts on BFF an Archived Radio Broadcast from 2009, in which Ed Smith elaborates on the capabilities of Quantra/Original-6. This broadcast is consistent with Driveroperator's post on Dec. 30. Bigfoot Evidence reports same broadcast a few hours later.
  • Driveroperator alludes on BFF to the possible involvement of legal council regarding Quantra's rights to possession of a specimen. This may explain the time delay & the 90 page document said to be forthcoming.
  • Jan. 02, 2013: Ed Smith clears up background and explains the evolution of the ORIG-6 to Team Quantra: 1.) ORIG-6 founded in early 1990's, small scale and fun. 2.) Early 2000's ORIG-6 research & projects become larger scale in multiple states. 3.) ORIG-6 dabble in DNA, but decide capture of a live specimen is best. 4.) Ed Smith designs a trap - Trap or Traps are fabricated in Tulsa by business associate. 5.) ORIG-6 use Oil & Gas business as cover to hide their growing Capture Project needs. 6.) Capture Project grows to 42+ participants. 7.) ORIG-6 cease operations in late 2011. 8.) Team Quantra formed in Virginia by former ORIG-6 members and like-minded business associates, June 2012. 9.) Quantra owns rights to past research and documentaries.
  • Jan. 02, 2013: Ed Smith states a meeting between himself & Team Quantra to take place this evening.
  • Jan. 03, 2013: Well over 24 hours pass without any update/communication from anyone at all.
  • Jan. 04, 2013: Melissa Hovey states on BFF that she is in private communication with Ed Smith, and that her questions are being answered. Melissa states she will publish the answers when she is done getting the answers.
  • Jan. 05, 2013: Ed answers Melissa: 1.) Ed Smith states that a "Bridging Group" of select "Independent Researchers", including Melissa Hovey are to have a meeting with Quantra, and will be shown extensive "Hard Evidence", which Ed has not yet witnessed. 2.) Ed Smith names a Randy Harrington regarding the documentary DVDs. 3.) Ed Smith describes "The Trap".
  • The Trap: 1.) Not a Clam Shell Trap. 2.) A Crate made of Steel, Aluminum and Carbon Fiber. 3.) Dimensions (in feet): 11.5W x 17.8L x 8.2H, weight 4200 lbs. 4.) Triggered by 2 weight sensing modules that blow explosive cylinder trip latches, snapping a sliding door shut!. 5.) Oxygen is temporarily removed (replaced with Nitrogen) to make specimen unconscious, then tranquillized. 6.) Powered by 6 to 8 12volt batteries in a 24volt configuration. 7.) Baited, variable camouflage capabilities & easily transportable. 8.) 8 traps in total, 6 in the field, 1 stand-by, 1 reserve. 9.) Equipped with remote communication, video, and monitoring. 10.) Research Team response time to capture site is 6 minutes; research sites all on private land. 11.) Cost per Trap: $31,817.09
  • A False article regarding "Team Quantra & an African Sasquatch" is circulated. Article intended to be humorous. Only person laughing is Tim Fasano.
  • Jan. 06, 2013: Ed answers Melissa, Follow-up: 1.) Ed affirms he is not a member of Quantra. 2.) Ed reiterates that Quantra is unhappy with his leak. 3.) Melissa asks why are they involving you? Ed said to oversea the "Bridging Group" meeting & frame work. 4.) Ed is not Quantra's spokesperson. 5.) Ed states that long-term Examination Repository(s) has/have been built. 6.) Better than 90% chance capture is legitimate, according to Ed.

Edited by Mounty

Guest reelback

I understand your point Reelback - and I appreciate that you are not pointing at me directly.

I am simply stating a fact. Others have brought links and information (good information and bad) here - that does not make them guilty of giving a hoax attention - it is simply trying to make sure everyone is on the same page and informed of all the information that may be available.

Agreed. You and others, like Mounty here, are providing information and keeping the story and history strait.

You're objective's are honest.

But lets be clear about something because others here are talking about 'facts'. There are no facts here, just a story.

Guest Luckyfoot

I wonder if there is a timeline for Ed/Quantra to fess up what's really going on. My hunch is there is an April 1 reveal date.

Guest reelback

Wow, this is so spot on, slapping my head on why I didn't see it too.....

"My Theory As To Why There Have Been So Many Recent Hoaxes"

http://bigfooteviden...ve-been-so.html

Also, we have "Ed Smith" alleging that Team Quantra has "Daisy in the box". Hmmmm???? In the "BOX"???? Where have we heard that one before??? Anyone that knows anything about the intelligence level and evasiveness of the Sasquatch species knows that (1) they would have seen Team Quantra assemble the trap in their forest home environment; (2) No Sasquatch would be stupid enough to walk into such a trap whether or not they saw it assembled in their forest home environment; and (3) the southern Oregon Bigfoot Traps of the 1970's were only successful at capturing humans that were stupid enough to walk into the traps.

and

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY RECENT HOAXES?

And the answer is spot on.

I believe that the answer is very obvious. Spike TV is apparently in the process of selecting teams to screen for their new TV program. There's going to be a $10,000,000 (TEN MILLION DOLLAR) bounty for the team that can prove beyond a doubt the existence of Bigfoot. Although these silly, lying, hoaxing individuals DON'T HAVE A BIGFOOT BODY (DEAD OR ALIVE), they are obviously trying to:

1. Leverage themselves to be cast for the Spike TV Bigfoot show, or....
  2. They're trying to tank the Spike TV Bigfoot show before it gets off the ground because why would Spike TV even think about casting for such a show if someone already has a Bigfoot body (Dead or Alive)?
  3. They're simply "Attention Whores" and they will try to get their next "Attention Fix" in any way possible via hoaxing that they shot or captured a Bigfoot.

Think about it. Doesn't TEAM QUANTRA sound perfectly made up for TV???

Johnson's right.

Please stop with the Facebook postings and blogs that continue to lead people on regarding their obvious lies.

This might also explain Smejia story and Ketchum's endless delays.

Edited by reelback

Perhaps Ed can explain what a "Bridging Meeting" is ?

Other red flags are his constant use of fancy words.

And why can't Ed provide even a single picture of what this capture operation looks like? How about a picture of the cage or a picture of the Bigfoot that was involved in the near miss a while back.

How about a picture of SOMETHING ??

If this proves to be hoax, and I'm betting on it, it does show an evolution of the art. The possible new hoaxes take years to unravel and give the person more of what they are looking for, the fifteen minutes get stretched out to at least thirty.

I wrote oversea instead of oversee in my pbp. Oops... If anybody finds any other errors, even spelling mistakes, please let me know.

Edited by Mounty

Melissa, I have a question to ask Ed if you have time to ask. I understand he has not seen any videos..photos..or any evidence. My question is, why? One would assume they wouldnt be handing out photos for him to take home, but why not let him see anything? It's been a few days now since "daisy was in the box." If the story were to be true, the team probably has a substantial amount of videos and photos for evidence. Thank you so much!

Edited by simplyskyla

Melissa, I have a question to ask Ed if you have time to ask. I understand he has not seen any videos..photos..or any evidence. My question is, why? One would assume they wouldnt be handing out photos for him to take home, but why not let him see anything? It's been a few days now since "daisy was in the box." If the story were to be true, the team probably has a substantial amount of videos and photos for evidence. Thank you so much!

I would assume that since he leaked a text message he's probably willing to leak a photo too, so they probably don't want that until they are ready. Sorry for attempting to answering a question not posed to me.

Edited by Mounty

Guest VioletX

I would assume that since he leaked a text message he's probably willing to leak a photo too, so they probably don't want that until they are ready.

Thanks Mounty, I would plus that if I could, that really makes sense, even if they just showed him a picture, he could then report back on an unconscious beat up looking BF, or whatnot...Quantra would have no control over the depiction, that is, if Quantra's Daisy exists; )

Guest spurfoot

6 minutes without oxygen = brain damaged sasquatch, all exacerbated by the transquilizer

I can't believe a team of "professionals" would do this. This subtracts from the credibility of the claim.

It is unlikely anyone would be that stupid.

Melissa, if there is any truth to the claim, you don't want to be an accessory after the fact.

But lets be clear about something because others here are talking about 'facts'. There are no facts here, just a story.

Oops. The "fact" is my involvement (or lack thereof) I should have been more clear.

You're right - at this point this is a story. It's up to Ed to prove it.

Spurfoot said:

Melissa, if there is any truth to the claim, you don't want to be an accessory after the fact.

Accessory after the fact - for what?? Wait - is this a "bigfoot is human" and there are criminal charges on horizon - kind of comment?

Edited by Melissa