Oh Dear, Another Body...

Guest VioletX

To those that are fairly new: Get your hopes up. Be excited. Tell all your friends you think 'THIS IS THE WEEK!' Start a blog. Bore your family at dinner, telling them about Daisy. Enjoy the high while it lasts.

There are some on this board that have been through this type of thing several times (although, I must admit...if this is a hoax, it is a high rolling, big boy hoax). I have my hopes, but I am also extremely wary.

I think inviting Strain/Meldrum/Hovey, et al, is a sign pointing us to a hoax...Notice, no one said they have AGREED to go...Just that they have been invited. I could invite Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Stephen Hawking to my big UFO reveal...Does not mean they are going to come, or take me seriously. I am hoping at least one of the invited says yes, calls the bluff, and goes.

Yesterday, I was inclined to think this might be real...Today, I am back to thinking it isn't. Why do I do this, you ask? Maybe I just love roller coasters.

Edited by Smitty in Florida

To those that are fairly new: Get your hopes up. Be excited. Tell all your friends you think 'THIS IS THE WEEK!' Start a blog. Bore your family at dinner, telling them about Daisy. Enjoy the high while it lasts.

No offense, as I am sure you are a swell individual and all, but this is probably the WORST advice you could possibly give anyone, newbie to seasoned researcher, regarding this and all other alleged capture claims.

hesse gets it...although, why spoil their fun?

I also get tired of people telling new folks "Don't get all emotionally invested in this story!"

Do what you gotta do. Just don't kill yourself over it.

Whats that famous saying? Oh yeah.. " Hope is not a strategy"..

Listen, I'd be as excited as the next guy if this turned out to be true.. But to get all emotionally involved, pumped up, and spreading the tale of "Daisy" amongst people that have never even thought about Bigfoot, seems a little ridiculous to me. Be patient, analyze the claims, look for ways to prove or debunk, but don't fall in love with the idea. This, in the end, will cloud your reasonable judgement.

Hope.....when all is but lost!

Really all this is third party information fueled with second hand hearsay!

My second cousins' friend knows a girl which used to date a Guy who says he knows a person who says they have a live Bigfoot in a cage!

No offense, as I am sure you are a swell individual and all, but this is probably the WORST advice you could possibly give anyone, newbie to seasoned researcher, regarding this and all other alleged capture claims.

What's the better thing to do, preemptively sour them to the whole experience so that they will learn to call everyone who steps forward a liar and a hoaxer, so that people continue to be reluctant to step forward when they have something?

What's the better thing to do, preemptively sour them to the whole experience so that they will learn to call everyone who steps forward a liar and a hoaxer, so that people continue to be reluctant to step forward when they have something?

Yes, Jon. You know, for their own good! :tommy:

Nope, didn't say that either. What I am saying is, be patient, objective, and don't jump to conclusions before all of the facts ( or in this case, ANY facts) are revealed. In this particular instance, their is very little fact, and a whole lot of hear say and unfounded claims. What benefits do you see of sitting down at the dinner table, and telling your Uncle/ Cousin/ Friend/ Spouse / Sibling etc that "Daisy" has been caught, and that Bigfoot is real at THIS PARTICULAR STAGE IN THIS CLAIM??

In the end, you need to ask yourself, are you in this because you "want to have fun" and "have an enjoyable experience as a member of a bigfoot group" or are you in this because you undeniably want a firm answer, one way or the other, to this very controversial subject? Neither answer is right, but you need to be really honest with yourself and bare the consequences of jumping the gun on this one.

That is all I was saying earlier eldonkey. Then I had to read all these comments from people who brag about being veteran Bigfoot Blog readers who have been through the rumor and hoaxing wars.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

No news on this today huh?

I had a dream about meeting Dr. Meldrum. In it I begged him to bring along a professional photographer to the meeting. He said, "really?, I don't think that's necessary - someone will have a camera there..." I then begged him to stating that these guys were going to sell the specimen for millions and we'll never get to see it. Then he said, 'really?...well I'll think about it.' I then told him to at least bring a decent camera. He told me not to worry, he had his cellphone. Needless to say it was a nightmare.

Ed Smith post on MABRC. Oct 26th 2012.....

As of 26 October 2012 at 11pm eastern standard time, the last unit of the my buyout compensation was received. I cannot discuss, answer questions, comment or discuss data acquired or retrieved evidence regarding our(O-6) research. There for I'm asking the Admins to lock all threads relating to the Original Six research. It's been a pleasure to be a part of your forum. I'm now asking that my account to be placed in an inactive status. In a short few months, it will all be complete.

Those that have been around the BF world long enough know that this has a 99% of being a hoax. It is always the knew ones with a hopeful, optimistic view until the bitter end. Once you have seen this song and dance enough, you become aware of the outcome. This is hoaxing 101, draw things out a while, keep people interested, I am surprised there has been no ambiguous photo yet. But in the end, there will be no bigfoot and all individuals will be scrambling to save there "BFing" reputations and explaining how they exposed the hoax. Its a crock(and not a crock that will be cooking crow stew).

I've been around ten years reading this stuff which is all most of us do...I'm not new to a hoax, I'm an eternal optimist and nothing can shake that :)