Oh Dear, Another Body...

Guest VioletX

Fade to black...

Then, the curtain rises... scrolling across a black screen ever increasing in size...

"Daisy is in the Box"...

cue intriguing music.

A NEW HOPE!!!!!

Starring Ed Smith

Branco

Darkwing

Driveroperator

and Catherine Back as DAISY!!!!

Tim B.

This reminds me of going to Las Vegas. Nobody ever goes to Vegas and comes back to report that they lost their ass at the blackjack tables. Everybody always comes back a winner or they "broke even," whatever that's supposed to mean.

I learned a long time ago to not "kid myself" about winning money in Las Vegas. In fact, I know that when I sit down to play blackjack, I'll be paying a certain amount of money, every hand, for the entertainment of gambling my money. I have no delusions of winning big and I know that it's likely I will lose the amount of money that I set aside to gamble with.

That being said, the "fun" aspect of Vegas is the optimism and hope that maybe, this time, I'll win some big money. In short, I always hope to win but I also "know" that I'm probably going to lose. This is exactly the way I view all of these "breaking news" Bigfoot stories. They get me really excited that this will finally be the one that proves Bigfoot is real but, at the same time, I know that it's unlikely that it will happen.

For me, the love of Bigfoot is founded on the premise of search and discovery. Lol...there's a part of me that does not want Bigfoot to be found as I enjoy all of the excitement I get from the latest "development."

I will say this, 2013 has opened up with many more exciting possibilities than any year prior. We have the Ketchum DNA study, the Sykes DNA study, The Daisy in the box story, the Erickson footage and the Sierra Kills. Seriously, we have tons of stuff to over analyze, discuss and criticize. If one goes up in smoke, we can move on to the next. I don't know about you guys but I'll really looking forward to it. It was only a few years ago that we barely had anything to talk about and now we're literally up to our eye balls in Bigfoot opportunities!

I'm ready for all of it, so bring it on and don't leave out any details!

Fade to black...

Then, the curtain rises... scrolling across a black screen ever increasing in size...

"Daisy is in the Box"...

cue intriguing music.

A NEW HOPE!!!!!

Starring Ed Smith

Branco

Darkwing

Driveroperator

Tim B.

Speaking of which and apologies if this has been addressed...lots of pages today...but what if this whole "Daisy" thing is a part of the whole new network of documentaries? Minnow Films, Spike TV...that kind of thing? Meldrum could play along. Especially if he (and everyone is getting paid).

Melissa??

This reminds me of going to Las Vegas. Nobody ever goes to Vegas and comes back to report that they lost their ass at the blackjack tables. Everybody always comes back a winner or they "broke even," whatever that's supposed to mean.

I learned a long time ago to not "kid myself" about winning money in Las Vegas. In fact, I know that when I sit down to play blackjack, I'll be paying a certain amount of money, every hand, for the entertainment of gambling my money. I have no delusions of winning big and I know that it's likely I will lose the amount of money that I set aside to gamble with.

That being said, the "fun" aspect of Vegas is the optimism and hope that maybe, this time, I'll win some big money. In short, I always hope to win but I also "know" that I'm probably going to lose. This is exactly the way I view all of these "breaking news" Bigfoot stories. They get me really excited that this will finally be the one that proves Bigfoot is real but, at the same time, I know that it's unlikely that it will happen.

For me, the love of Bigfoot is founded on the premise of search and discovery. Lol...there's a part of me that does not want Bigfoot to be found as I enjoy all of the excitement I get from the latest "development."

I will say this, 2013 has opened up with many more exciting possibilities than any year prior. We have the Ketchum DNA study, the Sykes DNA study, The Daisy in the box story, the Erickson footage and the Sierra Kills. Seriously, we have tons of stuff to over analyze, discuss and criticize. If one goes up in smoke, we can move on to the next. I don't know about you guys but I'll really looking forward to it. It was only a few years ago that we barely had anything to talk about and now we're literally up to our eye balls in Bigfoot opportunities!

I'm ready for all of it, so bring it on and don't leave out any details!

LOL..You left out DYER and Minnow Films.

Well..I think if ALL these fail..and we'll know by Spring...then, in MY HUMBLE OPINION...we can kiss BF adios.

This would also severely damage confidence in BF *research* as well. It will show despiration and exploitation has permeated the BF World and will also reinforce the notion that BF does not exist for those skeptics (like me). Again, just MY OPINION folks.

Well..I think if ALL these fail..and we'll know by Spring...then, in MY HUMBLE OPINION...we can kiss BF adios.

This would also severely damage confidence in BF *research* as well. It will show despiration and exploitation

has permeated the BF World and will also reinforce the notion that BF does not exist for those skeptics (like me).

Again, just MY OPINION folks.

Not at all.

The Knowers will still know.

The veteran Footers well know how prone the field is to hoaxing.

Why would this particular episode affect us at all?

If Daisy is real, we can all celebrate. If not, that's SOP.

Now if both the DNA studies fail, I will be sorely disappointed.

Let me just add ... Egad!

Perfectly said. Will it effect what I have for breakfast tomorrow, or what I will do next time out in the field ? Absolutely not.

I observe folks... already reacting to this, as if it was the footery apocalypse or something. My best blunt summery is .. OH WELL !

Edited by imonacan

Not at all.

Now if both the DNA studies fail, I will be sorely disappointed.

Let me just add ... Egad!

All the BF community needs is for ONE of all these to pan out. So, should all fizzle out...that's a BIG problem.

That is all I was saying earlier eldonkey. Then I had to read all these comments from people who brag about being veteran Bigfoot Blog readers who have been through the rumor and hoaxing wars.

Hey, I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers...I meant no slight to people who are taking this seriously. I sincerely mean it, take it in the spirit intended. I DO think there is something to this, I am by no means a skoftic. I was amused by people telling newer folks to 'Not get their hopes up', and bemused by people saying 'Can't you see this is a HOAX?!?!'

We all have our level, and our own BS line. This story has been over mine and back a couple of times.

Imonacan is saying what I am feeling, much more gooder than I say it.

All the BF community needs is for ONE of all these to pan out. So, should all fizzle out...that's a BIG problem.

Everybody thought Bigfoot in a Freezer would do the same thing...And yet, here we ALL are, yourself included.

LOL..You left out DYER and Minnow Films.

This would also severely damage confidence in BF *research* as well. It will show despiration and exploitation has permeated the BF World and will also reinforce the notion that BF does not exist for those skeptics (like me). Again, just MY OPINION folks.

Why are you capitalizing "opinion", is there something else you want to say?

Why are you capitalizing "opinion", is there something else you want to say?

Guess I'm over emphasizing...nothing else I need to say about my opinion.

Fade to black...

"Daisy is in the Box"...

cue intriguing music.

A NEW HOPE!!!!!

Starring Ed Smith

Branco

Darkwing

Driveroperator

Tim B.

Since I have never met, spoken with, nor corresponded with any of the cast, crew or producers of the show, I guess you must have just returned from another planetary voyage.

Edited by Branco