Rick Dyer Again (Continued)

Guest Admin

Really, because I have had conversations with the owner of Healy FX who told me he could build a very realistic bigfoot for less than half that. Oh you're gonna pay for it don't get me wrong.. But, it can be done for less.

Will it look and feel like real flesh, with real musculature and bones? Visual FX are good for their purpose, which is visual.

Lets assume Musky is NOT a shill. So Musky touches said body and is convinced?

Assuming Musky is not a shill, what could Rick do to make this body feel real to the touch? I wont entertain the suggestion that he has a real body because I know he doesn't. I'm trying to figure out what the gimmick is this time.

I simply wanted to know where that person got his info from so I could look at it. I wasn't demanding proof of what he stated.

You are right to ask for that evidence Ron. I should point out that we have provided as much evidence to support our side of the argument as we can. Just look through this thread. You will find examples of this time and time again.

Being the man that brought down a Bigfoot, would make him an instant celebrity in the Bigfoot community, as well as the general public.

Yes great statement Cisco. On the one hand he wants to be accepted and respected in the Bigfoot community and he really thought he would achieve this by producing a body, but if you constantly poke someone with a stick regardless of whatever they say or do, they are bound to bite back. Rick Dyer has apologised over and over for not being one of the 'good guys' who produced a body but in return he gets struck with a stick and so he retaliates. Its just basic human behaviour and I would react in exactly the same way unless someone seriously held me back.

I sent this attachment to another member however he said all he got was a blank pm....

Short story long, the date of Musky's post 11/24/12 and his clear bias casts serious doubt on his being an impartial skeptic....he seemed to be Rick's internet bud....

Posting comments on Rick Dyers blog doesnt make you an internet buddy? That would mean that I have been an internet buddy to Shawn Evidence and that just aint true fer shure :laugh:

You cannot make a realistic, fully articulating bigfoot suit/specimen for the money that your talking about. You couldn't make one for any price that would make you believe it to be real once your withing a few feet of it. Sure special effects, prosthetics makeup and prop building has come a long way over the years, but I just can't fathom how a fake body could trick someone.

Healy fx say they could do it for half the price, by that assume you mean 50k? They could build something, and it would look good no doubt, sure. They couldn't build something that would trick you into believing it could be the real deal. The firm who build the cadavers for medical training could do it for that price also, but they don't look real, they do look like what we view to be an actual body, but they don't look 'real' they don't look like an actual dead body...

Think about madame tussauds, their waxwork is awesome, obviously you go in there knowing what your viewing isn't real, but lets say you had never heard of madame tussauds, and were told your going to view a dead body. your walked into a room with a waxwork laid out on a table, by the time your within a few feet you could tell that what your looking isn't real and they make arguably the most realistic looking figures in the world. The same would go for this! Unless your eyesight is terrible you could spot a fake body. Dyer won't be making enough from this to cover the cost of the most realistic bigfoot prop ever. Because that's what it would need to be....

You cannot make a realistic, fully articulating bigfoot suit/specimen for the money that your talking about. You couldn't make one for any price that would make you believe it to be real once your withing a few feet of it. Sure special effects, prosthetics makeup and prop building has come a long way over the years, but I just can't fathom how a fake body could trick someone.

Thanks Benboy and also, if that amount of money was spent, there would have to be more money spent on keeping the many creators of the suit quiet too!

Yep, for sure, being a prop builder myself I know how much of a show off I can be with a project and there is always someone who I show what I'm doing lol that goes for the majority of the community, we share and show off lol that's just how it is!

Yep, for sure, being a prop builder myself I know how much of a show off I can be with a project and there is always someone who I show what I'm doing lol that goes for the majority of the community, we share and show off lol that's just how it is!

Wow you sound like you have a great job! :)

Well I just listened to his last show and it seems like he's starting to lose it. He didn't really say squat about his slip up admitting its a hoax(pretty much just glazed over it) and then at the end it was sounding like he found his stash of moonshine. That show was the most revealing yet, I'm still laughing about it! I recommend a listen.

Edited by squatting squatch

Guest miller44

Being a prop builder, can you give us some idea of your level of experience and background. Also what exactly are your thoughts on the idea that the tent video is actually a cropped shot of a prop bust which is being controled by a puppeteer off camera?

Is your assumption that Dyer is making money from web clicks? If that were true then it would be hard to see how he might get that much cash. He has made quite a bit of money with his expeditions at $600 a head. I have absolutely no doubt he's making a good living from bigfootery.

Now I don't know how much money that Minnow films has available, but it could be possible that, for publicity purposes, they paid to have something built. Dyer does have a talent for promoting himself and his hoaxes. It is quite possible that whatever Dyer has was paid for by Minnow, and that Dyer's job is to keep the publicity for the film going, on up to the point of the film release, after which he reveals said "body", drags it out for a bit and then reveals that he has once again fooled the gullible bigfooters.

I've seen some awesome fake bodies that, from even a few feet away, looked damned real, and I've seen hundreds of real human corpses, in various states of preservation and decay, whole and dismembered. FX technology has advanced quite a bit in the last decade. Besides, the hair covering would hide any skin imperfections, so one wouldn't have to worry too much about the look of the skin, except in places you would expect it to be exposed.

This is all assuming that Musky is not a shill (which i think he is).

Edited by PsyShroom

Also what exactly are your thoughts on the idea that the tent video is actually a cropped shot of a prop bust which is being controled by a puppeteer off camera?

Excellent question Miller!!

Thanks Benboy and also, if that amount of money was spent, there would have to be more money spent on keeping the many creators of the suit quiet too!

You discount the power of Lawyers. A signed agreement, and simple management is enough to keep the information from slipping out. Plus, nobody is really going to think that it is an actual bigfoot, because most people do not believe in bigfoot. Why would anyone see what could be a movie prop, or a Vegas-style exhibit prop and get it into their heads to run to the news?

You have to remember that this little drama is not really news to anyone except for us Bigfooters. The information just has to be hidden from us until the hoax is revealed, and that is not a huge task to accomplish.

On the other hand, if it were a real body, then it would be HUGE news and of value to people outside of Bigfootery. Then you would have to worry about informational security a hell of alot more. Musky would have reporters hounding him. This item would be in the news already.

Seeing as there has not been any interest shown by the press in the acquisition of a nonhuman primate body outside of the bigfoot community, given that there have been "leaks", it strongly suggests that Dyer does not, in fact, have possession of a real sasquatch body.

Edited by PsyShroom

You discount the power of Lawyers. A signed agreement, and simple management is enough to keep the information from slipping out. Plus, nobody is really going to think that it is an actual bigfoot, because most people do not believe in bigfoot. Why would anyone see what could be a movie prop, or a Vegas-style exhibit prop and get it into their heads to run to the news?

Ok Benboy?? Can you answer this one?? If someone asked you to make an expensive prop and then said it was for a hoax and can you sign an NDA to keep the secret thus also fooling many people, would you sign it??

Fly me to Vegas. Show me this body. If I am wrong, which I am not, and there is an actual, real, organic sasquatch body in his possession, I'll fall to my knees on camera and beg forgiveness, and take back anything negative I might have said about mister Dyer.