Rick Dyer Again (Continued)

Guest Admin

I 100% whole-heartedly disagree with this statement. There are absolutely ardent Dyer supporters in this thread. The taunting of people skeptical of his claims with the whole "Vegas Party" nonsense has not been indicative of a humble "wait and see" attitude. There have been nothing but endless excuses and after the fact revising of Dyer's and Musky's statements that have basically amounted to "carrying their water". You may indeed have a wait and see attitude, but let's not pretend that it's being displayed by everyone here.

I, for one, have NEVER subscribed to the *Vegas Party*...and I a resent being characterized as *carrying their water*. I listened to Musky and I BELIEVE him. That can't be stated more clearly. I have no agenda in supporting Musky or Dyer.

How do yuo put a 6ft person in an 8 or 9ft costume and make that work. I'm not being rude,just curious.

Listen to Musky ...it's detailed to the extent of enlarged ear canals...shaved areas..flea powder...hair between fingers...genitalia...finger nails...

Folks..this isn't an $8000 knock off. It would take an EPIC effort to produce what Musky saw..and what Derek will soon see.

Edited by ronn1

What the hell? No Vegas Party? I am just going to fly out there and make my own party.

I think the mods should have a contest, since we are weeks away from "Finding out" whether this is real or a Hoax, we should all post how we each feel it's going to play out.

The winner will be the one who has the closest version of what actually does happen, prehaps a prize could be a preimum membership.

It's been so entertaining why not make it more by having a contest. Just a thought.

What the hell? No Vegas Party? I am just going to fly out there and make my own party.

I think the mods should have a contest, since we are weeks away from "Finding out" whether this is real or a Hoax, we should all post how we each feel it's going to play out.

The winner will be the one who has the closest version of what actually does happen, prehaps a prize could be a preimum membership.

It's been so entertaining why not make it more by having a contest. Just a thought.

Great idea.

Guest DantheMan

Use common sense...why on earth would Dyer go through all the expense and hastle to hoax Musky? Just look at the JOKE body of the 2008 hoax. It would take a very sophisticated prop indeed to fool Musky and Derek. Keep in mind..this is housed in a laboratory setting as well. This story only flys if Musky is a SHILL..but now you have DEREK comming out.

Again Ronn1, it has to do with credibility. I don't believe Musky to be credible. He has lied, he is not a renowned skeptic, if he were people would know who he was years and years ago. He appeared AFTER Sept. 6th, and he preceded his reputation. Musky showed up on scene and told his "own" story in order to fleece people into thinking he has credibility.

As to why would Dyer go through all the "expense" to hoax Musky? Well why did he go through the other hoaxes (you do know that's plural right). Perhaps he doesn't look at it as an expense but rather an investment. Money can be a strange motivator.

As far as credibility, DR has a little more than some. His reputation PRECEDES him, not the other way around as is the case with Musky. DR showed up on scene, put in years and years of blood sweat and tears into his work, building a reputation because of it. He didn't fabricate it and suddenly get an invite out to Vegas.

I have an open mind. I think Musky did sound convincing with his FB/FB interview. I believe sasquatch are real living beings. I can fathom that he may have seen the real thing, but when I look at all of the other pieces, I KNOW that his word is not enough, in fact his word is meaningless because of all the other intricacies of his presence in this saga.

If DR and/or Dr. Meldrum inspect and confirm, then we are no longer playing ball in the little leagues, we're in the big leagues now & I will be going crow hunting. I have not been looking up recipes yet though.

How do yuo put a 6ft person in an 8 or 9ft costume and make that work. I'm not being rude,just curious.

I was under the impression that from the tent video when you do the math the subject was about 6' in height

I was under the impression that from the tent video when you do the math the subject was about 6' in height

Yes in that instance it was. I was speaking in general terms.

Correct... I have never ever posted a skeptical view on any forum .... until this one... I usually just read comments and enjoy the forum, or post facts....

So I am just now learning how easy it is to become a Skeptic... ( think I need a bath )

I like the believer side much better .... but this is just too much to believe... as much as i want to.... I know Bigfoot is out there...

This just fits the rules ( RDs rules ) for a scam, the longer it goes the more likely .... FAKE just screams from this....

Dang I hate being a skeptic....

I use the word skeptic to describe my thoughts on these issues.. But, what I think it really is - is being objective - at least for me.

Ronn1 said:

Use common sense...why on earth would Dyer go through all the expense and hastle to hoax Musky?

But in this comment - you assume Musky is not in on the hoax... He very well could be. How long has Musky been berating Bigfooters? Dyer has said countless times he thinks bigfoot is a big joke.

I planned on listening to Dyers rant from earlier tonight - but I see he already removed it... Oh well.

Edited by Melissa

Again Ronn1, it has to do with credibility. I don't believe Musky to be credible. He has lied, he is not a renowned skeptic, if he were people would know who he was years and years ago. He appeared AFTER Sept. 6th, and he preceded his reputation. Musky showed up on scene and told his "own" story in order to fleece people into thinking he has credibility.

As to why would Dyer go through all the "expense" to hoax Musky? Well why did he go through the other hoaxes (you do know that's plural right). Perhaps he doesn't look at it as an expense but rather an investment. Money can be a strange motivator.

As far as credibility, DR has a little more than some. His reputation PRECEDES him, not the other way around as is the case with Musky. DR showed up on scene, put in years and years of blood sweat and tears into his work, building a reputation because of it. He didn't fabricate it and suddenly get an invite out to Vegas.

I have an open mind. I think Musky did sound convincing with his FB/FB interview. I believe sasquatch are real living beings. I can fathom that he may have seen the real thing, but when I look at all of the other pieces, I KNOW that his word is not enough, in fact his word is meaningless because of all the other intricacies of his presence in this saga.

If DR and/or Dr. Meldrum inspect and confirm, then we are no longer playing ball in the little leagues, we're in the big leagues now & I will be going crow hunting. I have not been looking up recipes yet though.

Excellent points.

ronn1 - Kudos to you for being steadfast with you position. I just don't see it that way; the evidence doesn't stack that way for me. Hopefully this will come to a conclusion soon enough, but it's been quite interesting this far. Many have strong convictions with this and their viewpoints have been noteworthy

couple things..if I may..

** I didn't believe BF existed and still find difficulty having to accept Dyer's claim..but I have no choice at this juncture

** Dyer indicated TONIGHT that *his people* were talking to Meldrum

** A very prominent and well known BF researcher has/will see the body

The story will be true...Personally I have no bias one way or another>>>>ie, wanting it to be true or not wanting it to be true.

Most people simply don't understand this. No matter...we shall soon find out.

I 100% whole-heartedly disagree with this statement. There are absolutely ardent Dyer supporters in this thread. The taunting of people skeptical of his claims with the whole "Vegas Party" nonsense has not been indicative of a humble "wait and see" attitude. There have been nothing but endless excuses and after the fact revising of Dyer's and Musky's statements that have basically amounted to "carrying their water". You may indeed have a wait and see attitude, but let's not pretend that it's being displayed by everyone here.

Oh my goodness, Arizonabigfoot, you thought "Dyer supporters" were "taunting" people with the mention of the Vegas Party?

This is what happened: The handful of people who are "waiting and seeing" got wind of a statement by Mr. Dyer that he would fly all the wait-and-seers to Vegas for free.

The handful of wait-and-seers, exhausted by all the, um, "gentle input" from the Dyer detractors, finally had a little pick-me-up at the thought of a free flight to Vegas (however unrealistic the possibility was that such a thing could happen).

So people got a little giddy and happy.

Nobody was "taunting" anybody.

Do you want to come???? We can vouch for you. There's such a tiny number of wait-and-seers, I can't imagine there isn't room for one more!!!!! You're more than welcome to be one of the party!!!!

Also, just to try to address the rest of your post: how could there possibly be anything BUT a "wait and see" attitude, on anybody's part? There's no proof, one way or the other. Nobody knows what's true and what's not. So there is nothing to do but wait. Or not. You don't HAVE to wait for anything; you can go have a life. And nobody is preventing anyone else from living their lives, last I looked. :)

So seriously, I can promise you, from the bottom of my heart, all the people you want to characterize as "ardent Dyer supporters" are genuine, 100% authentic, humble wait-and-seers. They KNOW this thing could crash and burn at any second. They're just curious, is all. And patient.

So get your feather boa and come with us!!!!!!

ronn1 - Kudos to you for being steadfast with you position. I just don't see it that way; the evidence doesn't stack that way for me. Hopefully this will come to a conclusion soon enough, but it's been quite interesting this far. Many have strong convictions with this and their viewpoints have been noteworthy

Awesome post, Joey. You rock.

Edited by LeafTalker

Guys...if he can touch and probe all the better. I was saying ..he will be glad to just have a view. Don't sell a view short..Derek didn't just fall off the turnip truck. There's a LOT you can gather by viewing. so ya'all think Dyer has a $100K Fake body? Because that's what it would take.

Already priced it. You can get a custom made fleshy body for much much less.

I use the word skeptic to describe my thoughts on these issues.. But, what I think it really is - is being objective - at least for me.

Ronn1 said:

But in this comment - you assume Musky is not in on the hoax... He very well could be. How long has Musky been berating Bigfooters? Dyer has said countless times he thinks bigfoot is a big joke.

Yes..that's assuming Musky is not a shill. He isn't and I'm 99% convinced of that. All we have right now is Musky..but Derek will soon chime in.

Already priced it. You can get a custom made fleshy body for much much less.

How much *less*? It all comes down to this>>>did Dyer spend big $$$ to fool Musky or is Musky a Shill?

Negative on both scenarios.

Edited by ronn1