Shooting Bigfoot To Be Released In Canada

Ok thanks Jacki. I will take that to mean you think Justin didn't see the movie and is making up his synopsis.

Edited by Belmar

No I didnt mean that. I have no idea whether Justin Mah saw the movie or not. The synopsis DOES NOT say anywhere within it that the film contains a hoax. I have also pointed out that no movie review released prior to a films debut, would spill the beans on a complex twist at the end.

I doubt this movie will prove to the world that Bigfoot exists as it doesnt matter how great the footage is, there will still be some people who will remain sceptical. However, to those sceptics, the science floodgates will open, once the movie is shown.

Let me see if I've got this straight. The movie description makes these guys sound like buffoons. The description is full of comments like "malarkey", "farcical displays", and "lunacy"?

Let's look at who they've decided to include:

Rick Dyer.....................Proven Hoaxer, con-man, and petty criminal.

Tom Biscardi................Proven hoaxer.

Dallas and Wayne.......C'mon, I don't want to be cruel. Have you actually seen these guys videos?

This film is humor at the expense of the participants. It is made so people can't point and laugh at them. I can't imagine how a person could SERIOUSLY think that they are going to produce a video with a description and target audience like this, and then introduce the scientific discovery of a century.....as a surprise twist at the end? If I were to explain this circus, and it's backstory on it's characters to any of my friends or family, and then tell them that as a twist, there is going to be an actual Bigfoot body produced at the end....they would say I was delusional. One cannot compare a production by an artist/activist like Banksy to a ripjob about R. Dyer or Dallas and Wayne. That is like comparing those ButchyKid videos to a Stanley Kubrick film.

I only hope that when all is revealed, Dyers ardent defenders and supporters at least have the humility to admit they were hoodwinked instead of trying to backpedal and laugh it off. I'm going to start picking out peoples most enthusiastic statements of support from these Dyer threads now, so they can live in infamy in my signature area.

Edited by Irish73

Nightvision, the fest’s edgy latenight program, includes Jeanie Finlay’s “The Great Hip Hop Hoaxâ€

and Morgan Matthew’s tale about fanatical monster hunters, “Shooting Bigfoot.â€

Source: http://variety.com/2013/film/international/hot-docs-unveils-full-slate-1200325637/

Also saw this at bottom of description of "Shooting Bigfoot", Co-Presented with Toronto After Dark: Horror, Sci-Fi, Action & Cult Film Festival

@Jacki, Don't you think a REAL body would prove to the world bigfoot exists. We have yet to see anything but drawings.

I am not comparing Banksy to Rick Dyer - i am comparing the premise of the film and its public reaction and its publicity prior to its release.

If you want to create a film that has the maximum shock impact at the end, you would take it down the route of 'eccentricity and malarky' to give that explosive twist its ultimate impact. If the film followed the route of being dead pan and dark, the end would be lost.

Nightvision, the fest’s edgy latenight program, includes Jeanie Finlay’s “The Great Hip Hop Hoaxâ€

and Morgan Matthew’s tale about fanatical monster hunters, “Shooting Bigfoot.â€

Source: http://variety.com/2...ate-1200325637/

Also saw this at bottom of description of "Shooting Bigfoot", Co-Presented with Toronto After Dark: Horror, Sci-Fi, Action & Cult Film Festival

@Jacki, Don't you think a REAL body would prove to the world bigfoot exists. We have yet to see anything but drawings.

I wonder why its being shown in the After Dark section???? Skyla - we WILL see a real body.

If they had an actual body, this would debut in major theatres. Think like the person bankrolling the project. Artistic impact does not trump commercial success. They would go for the money. They would have started from scratch and filmed an entirely serious series of events leading up to it.

Yes, the world's biggest discovery in the animal kingdom....will be shown in the dark at a film festival in Canada. I wonder

if the scientists who studied "the body" will be in the audience as well. Still wearing their lab coats for theatrics.

Ask yourselves this too: why is this movie being screened at night? If it is filled with japes and scams and a laugh a minute - why are the screenings only evening and in the Night Vision section??

Edited by JackiLB

Are yourselves this too: why is this movie being screened at night? If it is filled with japes and scams and a laugh a minute - why are the screenings only evening and in the Night Vision section??

You got me Jacki. It MUST mean it shows the killing of a bigfoot. I'm convinced now.

If they had an actual body, this would debut in major theatres. Think like the person bankrolling the project. Artistic impact does not trump commercial success. They would go for the money. They would have started from scratch and filmed an entirely serious series of events leading up to it.

Yes but Irish73 - remember how there are still a vast amount of people who wont buy the footage in the camper video? And I think maybe I am wrong, that you will probably say that you wont believe the footage in the Minnow film?

We wouldn't need footage if we had a body to convince us. You know the one that's been in a cooling room for 6 months with a partial embalming?

Edited by simplyskyla

So the greatest discovery in recent times is being revealed at the end of a mockumentary.

We are led up the garden path for 85 minutes about the whole thing being tongue in cheek then - BOOM! We have an unscheduled visit from a Bigfoot, which is then shot and killed.

Am I confused or is this what some people think?

Thanks.

Lee

One would think IF Morgan Matthews filmed a Bigfoot getting shot and killed.......the dead body and what transpired after the killing would make it into the film VS only a video of Bigfoot eating some ribs off a tree. That sure would change the description and seriousness of the film I think. Apparently, that's not what happened.

I don't know how many times I can explain this. I live and work RIGHT DOWN THE STREET from where this supposedly happened. I know people who live all around that patch of woods. I know some of the cops who patrol the area. My warehouse is just a couple blocks away. I participate (or did until I destroyed a tendon in my foot) in two types of offroad motorcycle racing called Hare Scarmbles and Enduros. I have a motorcycle specifically built for creeping through very tight woods. In training I have ridden through every patch of woods and creekbed for miles and miles in every direction around the location...for years. I have covered every acre of wooded land for miles around the location. I have hunted my entire life, and I am always keen for signs of wildlife when I stop and take breaks. I am telling you there is NO WAY that such an animal was living back there. This is a HEAVILY populated suburban area. There is traffic 24/7 at that intersection. I would be more inclined to believe a Sasquatch lived in Central Park in NYC, than to believe that one was shot there, or was ever there.

I have also explained about what the deal with the homeless folks back there is. They go down the greenbelts and steal stuff while people are at work. They stash it in the woods. At night other dirtbags come and trade them merchandise for drugs. I know this because when I was stopped by a cop for riding back there, he warned me to be careful, that is what those folks do back there. Besides the original report by those two homeless people, NOBODY else has ever reported anything even remotely near the area. They said they saw it devour an entire deer. Does that sound like Bigfoot, to sit and devour an entire deer in front of the first two humans to ever see you? Is it even possible to devour an entire deer? How long would it take? Would he do it on the side of a busy expressway? More likely is someone was after that homeless couple for stealing their stuff, or owing them money. If the cops are there, nobody is going to mess with them, that gave them time to pack up and split. They were not there when the police arrived. How is it that Dyer found two vagrant addicts YEARS after they made one anonymous call. That would make him also the greatest HUMAN tracker in the world.

Edited by Irish73