Shooting Bigfoot To Be Released In Canada

Question is>>>did he see the film? He appears to be a talking head..marketing type that was hired to hype the film. I say he never saw it.

Edited by ronn1

^ problem is that it is presented like a quirky human interest story. There is nothing in the description to suggest anything more than that.

If this guy was hired to hype this movie and it actually has a real Sasquatch getting shot then he should be fired. Lol, I think he failed miserably if that's the case and he would be the worlds worst hype guy.

Two thoughts ...

1. "Biscotti" is priceless. :sarcastichand:

2. While appearances indicate "case closed," the stage could possibly be set for an incredible plot twist. Think about it - what if the film project started out as a mockumentary ... but then the unexpected happened. Then, all of the subsequent shenanigans could have been designed to make everyone think it was just another hoax. And in the end, Rick still gets the last laugh on everyone - because he hoaxed a hoax.

Don't misinterpret this as "desperate" or "denial." I'm not taking a position. Just pointing out a last shred of possibility for this crazy story. :popcorn:

He didn't see the film

Here's the deal about synopsis writers. A friend of mine in Los Angeles works as a synopsis writer for DVD's. She views the film, and then writes a short description of it to fit on the back of a DVD sleeve.

He saw the film.

He wrote a synopsis.

I'm happy this is over. Let's get back to squatching.

Two thoughts ...

1. "Biscotti" is priceless. :sarcastichand:

2. While appearances indicate "case closed," the stage could possibly be set for an incredible plot twist. Think about it - what if the film project started out as a mockumentary ... but then the unexpected happened. Then, all of the subsequent shenanigans could have been designed to make everyone think it was just another hoax. And in the end, Rick still gets the last laugh on everyone - because he hoaxed a hoax.

Don't misinterpret this as "desperate" or "denial." I'm not taking a position. Just pointing out a last shred of possibility for this crazy story. :popcorn:

Point 2. Yes, could very well be. The presumed shooting could also just leave the audience left with many unanswered questions if the film ends abruptly on the incident. Was that real etc...the filmmaker may just leave it up the audience to judge and decide. Sort of reminds me of one of the best films I have seen in recent years, "Exit Through The Gift Shop".

http://youtu.be/DIiOgj3uc0w

The live BF and shooting has been filmed...the question is>>>which one? Dyer says the Canadian version will show it all. OK then I'll chime in>>he has a body. It will be revealed after Film is released. Anyone here want to contest this?

Since you are offering, YES! I want to contest this.

I am inviting you to participate in a legal monetary wager. We can establish a monetary wager, legally, through one of the well established offsite Novelty betting houses in Nevada. You can bet on almost anything there, as long as everyone agrees to the terms in writing. The well known places are fair and legit. We can decide a cutoff date, where a body must be produced and verified by an independant MD or DVM. (I should have done this in the beginning and started a webpage to advertise the wager, I would be able to retire after the smoke clears.)

If you aren't willing to risk money on it, I have an alternate challenge for you.

Forum membership. I would bet you my forum membership, never to post again. And you pledge yours in return. I will even give him six months to produce a body.

Still not sure enough?

How about wagering your signature line for one year. Whoever loses will bear a signature of shame for being naive and gullible for a period of one year. We will have suggestions and a a poll to determine what the signature of shame will be for losing the bet.

I read the forum rules, and I don't see anything about wagers, or friendly betting. I feel like we are behaving like adults having a bit of harmless fun.....you asked if anyone wanted to contest this. So if you are so sure...please accept one of the friendly wagers.

I will shout it from the mountain top>>>>Dyer has a body. Musky is the messenger and I believe him.

Hmmmm, this sounds dangerously close to the expressly prohibited topic of religion. Has Dyer started a cult or something? Did musky bring some stone tablets down with him when he came down from the mountaintops?

Dyer has a body. When this is revealed many of you will have to ..*.reaccess*...and I'm being polite as possible.

Re-access what? I think you were being too polite.

Yeah Cornelius ^^^!! Exit Through the Giftshop is also one of the best films I have ever seen and is the documentary of British Grafitti Artist Banksy (see my Avatar). It is just that - a documentary but has a weird twist at the end that leave people thinking 'so what was all that about? Was that a joke or not?' And the thing is that although Banksy is a prankster, there was no overall deception contained within the movie but rather you are led to assume one thing, but then only to find at the end of the movie a realism you just hadnt expected. It is a very good example of what we should expect from Shooting Bigfoot. But with this film it will be a black comedy with very big and brutal twist at the end. And like Banksy's film, no review was written beforehand that gave the game away as to how the ending panned out. That would have ruined much of the movie.

http://www.guardian....-guetta-lawsuit

You have to ask yourselves this; why would Minnow change the film title and why would Minnow scrap all the reams of footage they filmed of other monster chasers around the world - the Orang Pendek story for example. Why drop all that wonderful work and centre the film on just a few bigfoot hunters?

They key to this movie is the statement that Melissa has posted: '...people who will go to extreme lengths to prove to him (Morgan Matthews) that the creature is real'

Note: a hoax DOESNT prove that a creature is real, but rather proves it to be a hoax. Only a REAL bigfoot would prove it to be real. I suggest that that sentence is the key to this film.

Edited by JackiLB

So, will Morgan Matthews still make an announcement this week? Anyone knows?

Yes Didd68 - he is meant to be. All eyes await! Dont know where the statement will be though.

“I don’t think an hour goes by in the day where I don’t think about Sasquatch,†divulges one aficionado. So begins Morgan Matthews’ rollicking foray into the obsessive, hoax-filled cult of Sasquatch. Using the in-the-trenches style of The Blair Witch Project, the film allows us to accompany the adventures of three Sasquatch search parties: socially awkward “master tracker†Ric Dyer; crotchety old guys Dallas and Wayne; and Tom Biscotti, perhaps the most devoted of the bunch, who has hunted Sasquatch unabatedly for 37 years. The teams tramp through the wooded unknown with tracking equipment and ample conviction in hand, the bipedal ape-like creature they seek seemingly just around every bend. As truth and fact tip into malarkey, nighttime hunts devolve into farcical displays of voodoo and comic stretches of the human imagination. A humorous look at perception gone off the rails, Shooting Bigfoot is a no-holds-barred plummet into folkloric lunacy. Justin Mah"

Read that again, slowly. That, to some of you, sounds like he's making it up? He didn't see the film and made those things up? The film will prove to be completely different than this synopsis? Just making sure of the level some of you have sunk to.

I havent sunk to any levels Belmar. I remain flying high above the tempestuous waters. And I will fly even higher over time, you will see.

:asciidity:

Edited by JackiLB