Share A Picture Or Experience From The Outdoors

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

I tell you what Track, if my memory serves me right, that was around about Mid Day in the Quinault Rain Forest out on teh Olympic Peninsula in WA, spooky place but fantastic too..

Holly fog Batman, Hey did you go into the reserve or those other places on foot? would like to see some close ups of the terrain and wildlife. Hey try to get a picture of a Sasquatch, I hear it's not that hard to do. smile.gif

Edited by tracker

When I look at these pictures and the terrain it certainly brings home the point that searching for sasquatch is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Beautiful scenic pictures.

SSR Team

Holly fog Batman, Hey did you go into the reserve or those other places on foot? would like to see some close ups of the terrain and wildlife. Hey try to get a picture of a Sasquatch, I hear it's not that hard to do. smile.gif

That was taken on the Quinault River actually Track that foggy one..

Saw Deer, Elk etc but no Sasquatch on that trip.

Here's one though on my last Trip, in Mount Rainier Natioanl Park, she's looking down on a Road Construction Crew & she's on the far right acting like a Tree Stump, when you blow it up you can see how **** ugly she is..;)

post-136-004349900 1310879990_thumb.jpgpost-136-081208300 1310880057_thumb.jpgpost-136-038285100 1310880043_thumb.jpg

Edited by BobbyO

Guest tracker

That was taken on the Quinault River actually Track that foggy one..

Saw Deer, Elk etc but no Sasquatch on that trip.

Here's one though on my last Trip, in Mount Rainier Natioanl Park, she's looking down on a Road Construction Crew & she's on the far right acting like a Tree Stump, when you blow it up you can see how **** ugly she is..;)

post-136-004349900 1310879990_thumb.jpgpost-136-081208300 1310880057_thumb.jpgpost-136-038285100 1310880043_thumb.jpg

I see her, hey great camo just don't move. smile.gif If she's on the right then her boy friend ? must be on the far left in the main picture also watching the road crew? Can you circle her? unless that's her but you said she was on the far right? Can you post some max size of these pictures in my on the hunt thread?

They certainly do like watching us work, maybe i'll start a thread on that? I shouldn't get into trouble with that kinda topic?huh.gif But then again you never know. smile.gif

SSR Team

BobbyO - She's cute as hell!! An Ewok!!

An Ewok with bulbus Eyes & a broken Nose.. ;)

I'd still marry her..

Look what I walked up on this afternoon...

Gorgeous copperhead! I caught one about that size once when I was surveying years ago and put it in a drink bottle & in my backpack. My uncle, who was with me, thought I was nuts, lol. I wouldn't try it now

Guest Tsalagi

yikes! How is the drought affecting the wildlife down there?

There's not really a drought here. Parts of the US are having problems, but we had a lot of rain this spring and summer rainfall is about normal for us. It's really been hot the past 2-3 weeks so guess its bringing out the snakes.

Guest Tsalagi

Gorgeous copperhead! I caught one about that size once when I was surveying years ago and put it in a drink bottle & in my backpack. My uncle, who was with me, thought I was nuts, lol. I wouldn't try it now

How on Earth did you get one that size in a drink bottle? Looks too big to be shoved in one. I didn't bother him and he didn't bother me. I'm surprised he didn't get mad though since I tossed my bag in his face before I realized he was laying there. Change of plans...I don't think I will sit here...

SSR Team

I think that one Pictured is definately too big to be put into a Drinks Bottle..

Edit : Which reminds me, i'm gonna put some recent Serpent Pics in the Wildlife Pics Thread, if i haven't already..;)

Edited by BobbyO

Guest tracker

I think that one Pictured is definately too big to be put into a Drinks Bottle..

Edit : Which reminds me, i'm gonna put some recent Serpent Pics in the Wildlife Pics Thread, if i haven't already..;)

Hey Bob can you post some larger pictures of your stump Sasq in my on the hunt thread? It will come in handy when discussing how well they can blend. thanks. smile.gif

How on Earth did you get one that size in a drink bottle? Looks too big to be shoved in one. I didn't bother him and he didn't bother me. I'm surprised he didn't get mad though since I tossed my bag in his face before I realized he was laying there. Change of plans...I don't think I will sit here...

It is surprising how small of a space snakes can squeeze themselves into, except when they have dinner inside them. Often, they will puff themselves up a bit to look more intimidating, and the design of their bodies makes them look a little larger than they are as well. Pics can be deceptive, though. I'll have to ask my uncle again how large that copperhead was (length-wise). They usually don't get very large. 3 feet is really big for a copperhead.

Guest Tsalagi

I've seen a lot of snakes this summer, more so than typical. Two were waiting on me at the bottom of my stairs. One I nearly had a heart attack over because it was brown with markings on it. Having just moved back to this area and have kinda got out of my head what are the different snakes look like and venomous versus non-venomous. Turns out the snake by the steps was a midland's brown snake. I thought it was some sort of timber rattler. Coming upon that copperhead at the lake was quite a surprise as I wasn't being as cautious as I should have been. I used to work not far from there and one of the employees was bitten on the job by a copperhead and rushed to hospital for anti-venom.