Share A Picture Or Experience From The Outdoors

Guest tracker

Guest D B Cooper

Above Staley Creek high Cascades. BF sightings and experiences by locals have been reported in this area for years.

StaleyCreekCC.jpg

The view from "Never Go" ridge. Named by miners and loggers. Once you go there, you "never Go" back. An area with reported incidents and experiences. A local Police officer and his wife had large rocks thrown at them back in the '60s or '70s while hunting. One of my favorite spots.

103_0520.jpg

The road just below the ridge. And "Ruby" my trusty old girl.

19.jpg

The south west end of the ridge road.

20.jpg

The Three Sisters from the ridge.

6.jpg

Edited by D B Cooper

Guest tracker

Above Staley Creek high Cascades. BF sightings and experiences by locals have been reported in this area for years.

StaleyCreekCC.jpg

The view from "Never Go" ridge. Named by miners and loggers. Once you go there, you "never Go" back. An area with reported incidents and experiences. A local Police officer and his wife had large rocks thrown at them back in the '60s or '70s while hunting. One of my favorite spots.

Hey great pics, boy i would be tempted to break trail and get into those mountains. Scary legends can't be as bad as my mother in-law. smile.gif

Scary legends can't be as bad as my mother in-law. smile.gif

Edited to stay in wife's good graces

Edited by Surveyor

Guest D B Cooper

Hey great pics, boy i would be tempted to break trail and get into those mountains. Scary legends can't be as bad as my mother in-law. smile.gif

I've hiked 'Never Go' ridge a couple of times. It deserves it's name. Very rugged and one of those Wendigo places, where you feel like there's something that doesn't want you there. You feel like something ominous

is watching, but you can't pin point just where from.

Guest tracker

I've hiked 'Never Go' ridge a couple of times. It deserves it's name. Very rugged and one of those Wendigo places, where you feel like there's something that doesn't want you there. You feel like something ominous

is watching, but you can't pin point just where from.

I see snow what month were these pics taken in? Is the altitude high enough for it to last all year round?

I see your jeep in the pics, are these all roadside shots?

Guest D B Cooper

I see snow what month were these pics taken in? Is the altitude high enough for it to last all year round?

I see your jeep in the pics, are these all roadside shots?

Hi tracker,

The Staley Creek photo was taken in late Spring, elevation is about 4500 feet. And is approximately 20-25 miles from Never Go Ridge.

The Never Go ridge photos were taken at about 5800 feet in late Summer. They are all taken from the road that skirts Never Go ridge. I don't go up on the ridge anymore, due to a knee that is far beyond hiking any appreciable distance. As well as the ridge being too rough to navigate, and just too damned spooky.

Everyone I have talked to who has been on it says the same thing. There's something very eerie about it.

A close friend who is 3/4 Sioux Indian from Idaho, and was raised on Native American traditions and beliefs, went Elk hunting with me years ago. He went up on the Ridge while I went a different direction. When I got back he was waiting by the rig. He said, "I didn't stay up there, it's not a good place to be."

Edited by D B Cooper

Guest tracker

Hi tracker,

The Staley Creek photo was taken in late Spring, elevation is about 4500 feet. And is approximately 20-25 miles from Never Go Ridge.

The Never Go ridge photos were taken at about 5800 feet in late Summer. They are all taken from the road that skirts Never Go ridge. I don't go up on the ridge anymore, due to a knee that is far beyond hiking any appreciable distance. As well as the ridge being too rough to navigate, and just too damned spooky.

Everyone I have talked to who has been on it says the same thing. There's something very eerie about it.

A close friend who is 3/4 Sioux Indian from Idaho, and was raised on Native American traditions and beliefs, went Elk hunting with me years ago. He went up on the Ridge while I went a different direction. When I got back he was waiting by the rig. He said, "I didn't stay up there, it's not a good place to be."

Yea the Squatch have been know for making everything go quiet and creepy? woooo ph34r.gifsmile.gif

Guest Boolywooger

The camera was sitting on a campsite picnic table ( concrete) about 1 or 2 foot from the edge. I was expecting something to go for the bag of goodies hanging as bait.....not a close up washed out night vision flash. I was told by another researcher there that a young bigfoot frequents the park. The smaller one I saw a year earlier was about 5 or 6 ft, compared to the 8 foot plus daddy he was with. so this could have caught the young one scouring my campsite.

Here is another picture from the same park, It was taken a year before my encounter by a researcher friend of mine it was there in the park just up the hill in some woods. he was in the woods with a video camera and heard a grunt behind him...he spun around slowly while filming and later isolated this frame showing a gorilla type head and shoulders peering at him through the foilage.

http://c8aa.jpg

If that picture had been taken with one of these cameras, we would be in business.

http://www.lytro.com/picture_gallery

Guest D B Cooper

Yea the Squatch have been know for making everything go quiet and creepy? woooo ph34r.gifsmile.gif

Didn't say anything about a "Squatch". Didn't say everything was quiet. The Native Americans (Indians) referred to these places as Wendigos. A place with an unfriendly spirit or spirits. They are places that trigger a "Fight or Flight" response.

In my experience of hunting and hiking the Cascades for 50+ years, I've run across a few of these places. The one blaring thing they have in common is very little, if any, sign of animals frequenting the area, no birds, tracks, scat, etc. As my friend said, "they are not a good place to be."

I do not claim to know the cause or the reason, but I do know they exist. I've been there and experienced it.

Edited by D B Cooper

Guest Tsalagi

Didn't say anything about a "Squatch". Didn't say everything was quiet. The Native Americans (Indians) referred to these places as Wendigos. A place with an unfriendly spirit or spirits. They are places that trigger a "Fight or Flight" response.

In my experience of hunting and hiking the Cascades for 50+ years, I've run across a few of these places. The one blaring thing they have in common is very little, if any, sign of animals frequenting the area, no birds, tracks, scat, etc. As my friend said, "they are not a good place to be."

I do not claim to know the cause or the reason, but I do know they exist. I've been there and experienced it.

Wendigos is a term ONE tribe gives it. Not all. It is true though such places exist. My Native mother used to tell me as a child to avoid any place in the woods where you didn't see or hear birds because if something bad was out there the birds wouldn't go. I've been in places with abundant plant food yet see no signs of animals in forms of tracks and scat & no birds despite abundant edible berries.

Guest tracker

That was just me pondering. I've heard of wendi's before i may of even ran into them but had no logical reason for the weird stuff.smile.gif

SSR Team

A few of mine from some of my favorutie places in the World, Toorisky's back Yard amongst others.. :D

post-136-071535800 1310702957_thumb.jpg post-136-072330400 1310703030_thumb.jpg post-136-051583600 1310703079_thumb.jpg

post-136-016255500 1310703150_thumb.jpg post-136-071789400 1310703177_thumb.jpg post-136-000288900 1310703306_thumb.jpg

post-136-032525300 1310703335_thumb.jpg post-136-004511700 1310703412_thumb.jpg

SSR Team

Just one more because i like this one..

Thsi is the Yurok Indian Reservation in Northern California, under 2 weeks ago..

post-136-082886700 1310766041_thumb.jpg

Guest tracker

A few of mine from some of my favorutie places in the World, Toorisky's back Yard amongst others.. :D

nice, I like that early morning mist one. wink.gif

SSR Team

nice, I like that early morning mist one. wink.gif

I tell you what Track, if my memory serves me right, that was around about Mid Day in the Quinault Rain Forest out on teh Olympic Peninsula in WA, spooky place but fantastic too..