N A W A C - Field Study Discussion

slabdog

54 is outstanding Brian, I'll add my thanks for sharing as much as possible of your work in X. I do have a question regarding your video security system. Did any of your teams try waiting for activity to begin around the cabins at night, then activating the system suddenly in an effort to catch the apes in the act? If so, what was the result, or is the system ramp up time too long, allowing the creatures to react to the ir illumination before the DVR begins recording? Thanks much.

The system took a couple of minutes to boot up. The DVR is essentially a computer and it took a little while for the OS to load, etc. It couldn't get going quickly enough to capture any footage. 

He thought *he* was psychic. Seems a low bar to let other people and animals have the same "power" you think you have.

After going and reading some interviews with him, he did feel a spiritual connection was present between himself and another dimension. He seemed to think it was bad luck/carma to have shot at bigfoot. He claimed two large tracks were found in the middle of an acre sized sandbar and no other tracks leading to them or away. If true, that probably influenced his thoughts about them being metaphysical and or psychic. He seemed think a specimen would never be collected.

Guest maelsquatch

Never going to catch one. Never going to shoot one. 

Never gonna give you up 

Never gonna let you down 

Never gonna run around and desert you 

• Upvote 2

Guest OntarioSquatch

He claimed two large tracks were found in the middle of an acre sized sandbar and no other tracks leading to them or away. If true, that probably influenced his thoughts about them being metaphysical and or psychic.

Maybe it's really the other way around. That his thoughts about them being metaphysical influenced his perception of how those tracks were made.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

From his perspective he relates that the track maker had to come from the sky and then went back up. His words , written by his son. I'm not trying to give his ideas any weight on that, but, one has to weigh these things with what you experience yourself and of coarse read what the evidence shows you in person.

Well I've found sand I leave very little impression on, then suddenly go up to my ankles because there's something soft underneath. A light rain could remove the slight impressions on the hard stuff, leaving the deep ones. Some sand is highly variable in weight bearing with water content, which can change in hours.

Hi Bipto:

Say, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall you discussing whoops or howls much, if at all.

Do you hear what you would consider whoops and howls from the apes in your area? 

Whistles?

The reason I mention this, is that a pal and I have a theory that the BF that are in closer proximity to humans (Area X seems remote, but obviously it doesn't go unattended - nor the area around it - for long periods of time) tend to be 'quieter' vocally.

Say, compare the vast mountains of the PNW that have areas that rarely see a human footstep to your area, or other areas frequented more often by humans.  In the former, one could let out a beller and not attract any (or minimal) attention from humans.

Thoughts?

We've heard Ohio Howl-type vocalizations and returns in the area, even during the day. We've heard the occasional whoop. I've personally heard whistles in the dead of night (so clearly not birds, though it didn't sound like any bird) that was responded to by a tongue click/cluck sound (the click/cluck thing also led to an aggressive display the next day when one of our guys made the sound back). We've also heard sounds like pant hoots (a chimp thing), assorted growls, chatter, whispering chatter, and strange thudding sounds that you feel more than you hear. 

Additionally, we've heard honks and coughs that are hard to pin on a more mundane animal (almost elk-like, though there are no elk in the region). The strangest (and rarest) things we've heard are a weird swishing gurgling sound as if something was sloshing its tongue around in its mouth (we've heard that from multiple directions at once) and very strange multi-tonal almost choir-like sounds. 

As far as Elk , there are some a bit to the North in Adair/Sequoyah Counties we had one bugle twice last weekend in a research area and I had heard them there before 3 years earlier but I don't know how many.

Edited by GEARMAN