Why Cover Up Big Foot?

Guest Grifter9931

Not a coverup.  Just avoiding headaches.  Peer pressure to "not talk" about it.  Not unlike one's experience with skeptics on this forum.

The experience I had at Fort Lewis in 1983 was like this.  I knew what it was, but all it did was scare a couple of REMF privates.  Was I going to report it up the chain?  No way.  In my experience, if you bring it up people will rib you when you're in a group, but confide in you one on one.

Usually, the last thing you want to do is take a firm stand on it when interacting with the group as a whole.

• Upvote 2

^^^Right. I don't think it ever requires a memo or a secret handshake. Any organization has unwritten protocols to avoid a CLM.  There are things one just doesn't do or say, if one wants to continue to enjoy the fruits that come with regular paychecks. Any who have not ever worked inside such a structure really has no way of appreciating how pervasive and stifling that can be.  Let me just say, in a career in U.S. business and law that spans most of four decades, I've seen much  larger suppressions of information, on much more trivial matters.  First rule of keeping job: Don't stick out. 

Do you ever notice how people retiring from careers are much more prone to speak freely? I've experienced it first hand in my work. Lame duck politicians do it especially, and they are dissemblers without peer. When you do encounter somebody in F&G, or Interior, or whatever, feeling like they can speak their minds, it is usually under those circumstances. This should be a huge flag for the aware as to what is really going on here. 

Edited by WSA

I find conspiracy theories about government cover ups to be an area where bigfooters lose a lot of credibility. As soon as someone introduces a conspiracy theory to a topic, it's immediately eye roll inducing for me and I just cannot take the person seriously any longer. The bigfoot enthusiast community needs to lose things like the paranormal association and the penchant for conspiracy theories if there is a desire to be taken seriously by the mainstream.

I agree somewhat but do have to say that animals are politicized in the US. It's a fact. You can look at everything from the spotted owl to the woodland caribou to the wolf.

And they also lie about numbers for their own means as well. I know that too as a hound hunter that tried to fight for a cougar season and lost.

The bottom line is that our government loses credibility with its people each and every day.

I don't know how this pertains to a cryptid animal, and I have my doubts of a vast conspiracy to keep a lid on it.

But I do have a weird story to share, I think I've spoken of it before.

I had a SERE instructor buddy from Fairchild AFB. The USAF SERE program teaches airmen survival and evasion tactics in a wilderness area in NE Washington in Tacoma creek.

My buddy claimed that they had "wolf people" that would come around and raid food caches and supplies that were laying around. They would know these people were in the area based on their BARE footprints but they never saw them. I pressed him and teased him about werewolves, to which he responded that these people were basically feral. Nothing wolf like about them other than the fact that the military instructors thought that THEY thought they were wolves. Dunno.

Now looking back at the story and watching shows like the one with **** Dodge over on the Olympic peninsula? It could be.

Just like Bigfoot? I would certainly as a hunter and outdoorsman like to know if freakin feral humans are out in the wilderness lurking.....right? The military is fully aware of it, but maybe not in any sort of official capacity.

Instructors report it to their superiors and they in turn report it to their CO. The CO decides to do nothing about it and case closed. So some feral humans are packing off some supplies on National Forest ground that the USAF trains on. Probably not a big deal to them.

It's just stuff like this I know to be true that makes me some what skeptical. Just because the government knows something doesn't mean that they shout it from the roof tops.

Another case in point is the US fish and games denial about Grizzly bears in certain areas when they know dang good and well they are there.........they RELEASED them there.

I could go on and on.

Not a coverup.  Just avoiding headaches.  Peer pressure to "not talk" about it.  Not unlike one's experience with skeptics on this forum.

^ What he said.

Dodge? Feral? I wouldn't maybe go that far Norse. I think he is entertaining, and has some great skills, but the man owns a roof and takes a camera crew with him wherever he goes. "Feral", in the sense of an unsocialized human, unmediated by technology, clothing even? If BF isn't that, I'd propose it doesn't exist.

The SERE story isnt about Bigfoot, its about claimed feral people. Or at least people living in the woods 12 months out of the year with out shoes.

I thought Dodge was feral with no home?

No idea.

One year I was cougar hunting up there and came around a corner and there sat a Haglund snow cat in the road with the keys in it.

I know it was USAF......weird.

I know the feeling Norse. I stood on the top of Old Rag Mountain in Shenandoah N.P. and watched an Apache circle above me,  mounted gun (Gatling?)  tracking me perfectly as it did. (That is a very, very unsettling feeling) No markings on it that I could see. And yes, it was black.

As for Dodge...I see him as just an eccentric cat who likes to play Indian. I mean, who doesn't?  But, is hygiene is way too good to be living like that 24/7, not to mention too well nourished and excellent dentition to boot. 

I love those shows, and watch them all the time, but here' s a tip when you do. Do you see our he-men actually sleeping out, rough? I mean, not the "let's build a shelter and tell you we're going to sleep in it, cut to a time lapse of stars spiraling, and then 'Hey, that was a tough night...let's get started!' " edit. No, I want to see your butt on the ground, in the middle of the night. So far, Stroud is the only guy who shows the goods. Well, him and all the Naked and Afraid crews, who I don't doubt are both. I'm beginning to seriously doubt our Dual Survival heroes. I don't think they do it half as much as they pretend to.  That Big Agnes just beyond camera view is most likely where they are racking, with a life raft-sized Thermarest and a 0 degree down bag.         

Amazed it isn't obvious to people but, only say 5% of people have the truth. Only 5% can recognize we're living in a fish tank...thinking we're in the ocean lol.

The conspiracies very real as solving bf will open the flood doors.

I know many of you laugh and dismiss this...I expect it...as you're part of the 95% in the fish tank believing you're in the ocean lol.

The level of technology and control this other society has is amazing.

Amazed it isn't obvious to people but, only say 5% of people have the truth. Only 5% can recognize we're living in a fish tank...thinking we're in the ocean lol.

I know many of you laugh and dismiss this...I expect it...as you're part of the 95% in the fish tank believing you're in the ocean lol.

Congrats on knowing the truth.

That is how I felt in high school. Grown ups just don't understand!

• Upvote 2

Congrats on knowing the truth.

That is how I felt in high school. Grown ups just don't understand!

Yeah...grown ups know everything...

I just drop jewels here and there and keep it moving. Those who can pick them up. Those who can't well...

BFF Patron

I am  just the reporter here so bear with me on this and come to your own conclusions but some sort of cover up is going on in the 4 Corners area of the SW.      Yesterday I was sitting in the large waiting area of my eye doctor.    A man and his wife were the only other people there.   The man told his wife that there had been another suicide in the 4 Corners Area of a person who worked for his agency.    That was the third one so far.   He said they were finding a lot of old objects that they had tried to give to the Native American tribes in the area and the Native American tribes were saying that the stuff was not Native American and would not take it.      He said the stuff was being disposed of, and it was so disturbing that people were committing suicide because of it.     He noticed me listening and changed the subject.  

Well I figured if there were suicides in the area there should be something in the media.    Not only did I find a report but one that links it to ancient archeological finds.   http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jun/20/nation/na-artifact-suicide20

Something is going on down there that goes beyond peddling Native American stuff.    That just gets you a fine but rarely jail time so why would people be committing suicide?