Why Cover Up Big Foot?

Guest Grifter9931

Hopeful skeptic here. Hopeful that sometime bona fide proof of bigfoot existence will be found and presented. That being said, if one of the foundation planks of your belief in bigfoot existence is that there is a gigantic conspiracy to keep bigfoot skeletons, remains, and other evidence secret for generations of time, I'd suggest reexamining the whole durned thing.

• Upvote 4

BFF Patron

Hopeful skeptic here. Hopeful that sometime bona fide proof of bigfoot existence will be found and presented. That being said, if one of the foundation planks of your belief in bigfoot existence is that there is a gigantic conspiracy to keep bigfoot skeletons, remains, and other evidence secret for generations of time, I'd suggest reexamining the whole durned thing.

Certainly if there is a cover up, it could be dangerous if you get too close to something that blows the lid off it. Thom Powell has had one break in. The only thing they were interested in was his BF stuff. I asked him about this recently. He said he knows he was looked at, but "they" did not think he was much of a threat to the status quo. Now that he is deep into paranormal in his books, he is probably safe in that they can make claims about him because of his books.

Speaking of strange. I got a call from someone this morning that claimed to be with the Washington State DNR. The caller ID seemed to at least verify that the person was in some government agency. Lots of acronymns and digits in the caller ID. The woman wanted to know where I normally fished. That seems innocent enough but I do not fish and have only bought one Washington fishing license in my life, about 8 years ago so I could go fishing with a neighbor. I did not catch anything so never used the Salmon or Steelhead tags. So cannot imagine why I was called 8 years later with that question. Where I was a few days ago on the Lewis River has a large section where fishing is prohibited. Did someone there think I was fishing for steelhead? I do not even own a fishing pole. Anyone have any idea why DNR would do that?

While living in Tacoma in the early to mid 80's I would be awakened by early phone calls on the weekend.  Always some guy wanting to know where the fishing was good and thinking he was calling a DNR office.  I don't know if I was being pranked or not, but the caller(s) simply would not believe that they had the wrong number, accusing me of laziness and refusing to provide them with the information they wanted.  If I hung up they would call back.  Finally I just made up the name of a lake, which they would say they had never heard of with a location North of I-90 near the summit of Snoqualmie Pass.  I would give them elaborate directions for a network of back roads and they would politely thank me and hang up.

They stopped calling.

BFF Patron

I hate it when someone is so sure they have the right number. I wondered at the time if it was just someone checking to see if I was home. I certainly do not have anything in my possession that would uncover some conspiracy. I would cave in a minute if some federal agency threatened me to to keep my mouth shut. I know what they are capable of.

I'm not making any accusations towards any one or any particular organization or governing body, I'm just stating facts.  

Our website was attacked to the point it isn't accessible and recovery is questionable.  The attack was targeted and very successful. 

I would be interested to hear if other Bigfoot/Sasquatch websites have experienced similar attacks.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Northern Lights.

Bob Garrett's website was attacked in the last year or so, and Wes Germer's encounter stories and reputation were attacked right after he mentioned that Bob Garrett's site (and more) had been attacked. 

Check the thread called "Campsite Destroyed". There are other threads about this, too, but I can't find them at the moment.

I'm not making any accusations towards any one or any particular organization or governing body, I'm just stating facts.  

Our website was attacked to the point it isn't accessible and recovery is questionable.  The attack was targeted and very successful. 

I would be interested to hear if other Bigfoot/Sasquatch websites have experienced similar attacks.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Northern Lights.

Bob Garrett's website was attacked in the last year or so, and Wes Germer's encounter stories and reputation were attacked right after he mentioned that Bob Garrett's site (and more) had been attacked. 

Check the thread called "Campsite Destroyed". There are other threads about this, too, but I can't find them at the moment.

I have read through that thread.  

What is really a head scratcher is why someone would want to wipe us out.  It was a targeted attack, deleting the data on the forums and denying access to the site itself.  We have some cool things on there but nothing i would consider earth shattering.  Someone went out of their way to shut us down and I don't have a clue why.  Even our forum discussions are pretty tame by most standards.  I don't believe we've banned anyone, other than those that create spam threads (buy our watch, purse, blue pills, etc.).

It's a mystery.   

I would consider other people and motives for shutting down your website, Granted, I have no idea what your website contains nor the primary focus of your website. However, it's far more likely that it was an error on behalf of your web hosting provider, than the federal government trying to eliminate information.

It could also be an angry ex-girlfriend or wife. It could be targeted towards you, a partner, associate or maybe indirectly targeted to somebody that worked on your website.

In short, there are many other logical explanations other than the men in black.

If the government wanted to target websites, related to Bigfoot, this forum would be gone, along with the BFRO, just to name a couple.

• Upvote 1

I am SO sorry, Northern Lights.  

I don't think you have to have any information considered earth-shattering to get shut down. If you are a person with a lot of credibility, a lot of visibility, or both credibility AND visibility, you will be vulnerable to attack by those interests that would prefer that nobody know anything about the BF. 

From what I can tell, personal animus is rarely the reason for such mysterious shutdowns. 

Again, I'm so sorry. Maybe try to take it as a compliment? Somebody knows that you know what you're talking about. Interestingly, their attack upon you only makes that clearer than ever.  

Oh, and as long as there are operatives paid to start arguments and stir up controversy, there's no need to shut anything down. Perhaps you became a candidate for shutdown precisely because there was no controversy on your site. 

Again, I'm so sorry.

Certainly if there is a cover up, it could be dangerous if you get too close to something that blows the lid off it. Thom Powell has had one break in. The only thing they were interested in was his BF stuff. I asked him about this recently. He said he knows he was looked at, but "they" did not think he was much of a threat to the status quo. Now that he is deep into paranormal in his books, he is probably safe in that they can make claims about him because of his books.

Speaking of strange. I got a call from someone this morning that claimed to be with the Washington State DNR. The caller ID seemed to at least verify that the person was in some government agency. Lots of acronymns and digits in the caller ID. The woman wanted to know where I normally fished. That seems innocent enough but I do not fish and have only bought one Washington fishing license in my life, about 8 years ago so I could go fishing with a neighbor. I did not catch anything so never used the Salmon or Steelhead tags. So cannot imagine why I was called 8 years later with that question. Where I was a few days ago on the Lewis River has a large section where fishing is prohibited. Did someone there think I was fishing for steelhead? I do not even own a fishing pole. Anyone have any idea why DNR would do that?

The DNR, at least in Wisconsin, relies heavily on tips from the public.  Chances are (totally guessing), someone saw your vehicle and you along the river and called it in.  Happens a lot in my neck of the woods (mostly poaching of deer and fish).  I think had you said you were fishing in that area, an agent may have followed up in person.

BFF Patron

I did not even stop long enough to do anything but take a leak. I did not even turn off the motor so I don't know how anyone would get the idea I could be fishing. My truck is so old I don't trust the starter when I am in a remote area any more so do not shut if off unless I am going to be someplace a while.

Guest Crowlogic

The only time bigfoot would get covered up is if a dead one was stinking up the center of town.  Common folks why cover up something even the bigfoot experts can't produce?

Who would be the masterminds of a cover up?

Big logging and lumber?

Department of Interior or BLM?

The military?

Religious leaders?

Illuminati?

So many suspects....

If this thing is as widespread as we are to believe given the range of reports a coverup would be about impossible IMO.

The only logical way I see this creature existing is being a small population most likely located in the PNW area.

^^ I'm inclined to agree TWIST, however that approach discounts a very large number of reports. And well, we are all lectured daily that dismissing anecdotes is no way to get your Junior Scientist (self appointed) Badge.

You don't want to fail Fake Science 101, do you?

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1