Why Cover Up Big Foot?

Guest Grifter9931

Who would be the masterminds of a cover up?

That would be me. You people are not supposed to be talking about this stuff!

I'm not doing a very good job, as is obvious.

dismissing anecdotes is no way to get your Junior Scientist (self appointed) Badge.

From what I've read that also requires a lobotomy.

I still say the government can't possibly be so incompetent as to not know about them.

I do believe that any body reported is simply collected and disposed of.

And I don't think they go out of their way to cover it up, or even have to, they simply allow prevailing public perception to do their work for them.

Really, what government agency wants to have to deal with all of the consequences of proof that bigfoot exist?

This is simple calculus right down to the local deputy sheriff.

• Upvote 3

BFF Patron

Why does the government need to cover up anything when public sentiment and skeptic minions on this very forum spend hours every day trying to persuade those that might think it possible that it cannot be real?      As far a Fake Science 101 the problem with the skeptics here is that they skipped their lab periods in the woods where they could have stumbled on the truth for themselves by doing real science.    

• Upvote 2

Guest Crowlogic

If this thing is as widespread as we are to believe given the range of reports a coverup would be about impossible IMO.

The only logical way I see this creature existing is being a small population most likely located in the PNW area.

But ,but,  but that's turn thousands of sincere people's reports from oh you know Ohio or Missouri, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania into either liars or incompetents.  Heck no people are honest and sincere and if they say they saw a bigfoot then they saw a bigfoot.   :o  Either the whole ball of wax gets tossed or the whole ball of wax get's accepted.   It's OK by me however if it gets tossed.

Edited by Crowlogic

I still say the government can't possibly be so incompetent as to not know about them.

I do believe that any body reported is simply collected and disposed of.

And I don't think they go out of their way to cover it up, or even have to, they simply allow prevailing public perception to do their work for them.

Really, what government agency wants to have to deal with all of the consequences of proof that bigfoot exist?

This is simple calculus right down to the local deputy sheriff.

More like really bad calculus done by someone who doesn't understand basic arithmetic. Bigfoot coverups and conspiracies exist only in the imagination and dreams of believers.

The only time bigfoot would get covered up is if a dead one was stinking up the center of town.  Common folks why cover up something even the bigfoot experts can't produce?

Wha?

IF the Government is covering up Bigfoot???? Then its their JOB to make sure Bigfoot experts cannot produce it!!!

I doubt very highly this level of effort is being put forth (cover up). But your statement makes no sense.

If this thing is as widespread as we are to believe given the range of reports a coverup would be about impossible IMO.

The only logical way I see this creature existing is being a small population most likely located in the PNW area.

But ,but,  but that's turn thousands of sincere people's reports from oh you know Ohio or Missouri, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania into either liars or incompetents.  Heck no people are honest and sincere and if they say they saw a bigfoot then they saw a bigfoot.   :o  Either the whole ball of wax gets tossed or the whole ball of wax get's accepted.   It's OK by me however if it gets tossed.

Seems by that reasoning if one person on this earth is a liar then everyone on this earth is a liar and there is no reason to every believe anything anyone says, ever.

• Upvote 1

"Really, what government agency wants to have to deal with all of the consequences of proof that bigfoot exist?"

What consequences would there be? I would think people within the government that deal with these issues would jump at the chance. It creates new research opportunity and more ability to put in regulations and such. Isn't that what they are there to do?

I doubt the government would try to cover up a creature this large if it were truly as wide spread as reports would lead you to believe. Plus it would mean counting on Canada's government to participate in the coverup.

• Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

Seems by that reasoning if one person on this earth is a liar then everyone on this earth is a liar and there is no reason to every believe anything anyone says, ever.

It also means that the near universal sighting base for bigfoot has some very serious flaws in it.  However if my daughter came home and told me she saw a brand new touch screen laptop for sale at Best Buy I'd be more inclined to believe her than if she said she saw one for sale at the liquor store or 711.  There's an old saying location, location, location!  I suspect part of the willingness to spread and accept the spread of the bigfoot phenomenon was the lack of knowledge of what it takes to have populations of big mysterious 100% proof evading animals by both those spreading the mythology and by those accepting it.  It all got going in a simpler time but I'd say if it had to start over from scratch today things wouldn't be so easy.

I can think of a couple reasons the powers that be would not want us to see proof Bigfoot exists...

1) It would contradict the status quo--evolution generally contends that we "evolved" from simpler forms of life. Last time I saw their monkey--->modern man transition chart the concept that jumps out (at least to me) is we got taller as time went on.....Sasquatch is much bigger--so, how does this fit into the evolution of man? If we're to consider that Bigfoot is some missing link in our evolution...of course, monkeys are still monkeys after all these millions of years.....

2)Control--My personal belief is human hybrid--this would pose a big problem....

The fact that the Bigfoot population (if it exists) is very small keeps all but a fraction of a percent of us from ever seeing one--therefore, easier and far more convenient for those powers that be to just keep what they know to themselves. And yes, they know....

"Really, what government agency wants to have to deal with all of the consequences of proof that bigfoot exist?"

What consequences would there be? I would think people within the government that deal with these issues would jump at the chance. It creates new research opportunity and more ability to put in regulations and such. Isn't that what they are there to do?

I doubt the government would try to cover up a creature this large if it were truly as wide spread as reports would lead you to believe. Plus it would mean counting on Canada's government to participate in the coverup.

Have you read the entire thread?

I find conspiracy theories about government cover ups to be an area where bigfooters lose a lot of credibility. As soon as someone introduces a conspiracy theory to a topic, it's immediately eye roll inducing for me and I just cannot take the person seriously any longer. The bigfoot enthusiast community needs to lose things like the paranormal association and the penchant for conspiracy theories if there is a desire to be taken seriously by the mainstream. 

• Upvote 1