Why Cover Up Big Foot?

Guest Grifter9931

As a fairly religious person myself, I cannot understand why the existence of sasquatch would be a threat to religion, organized or otherwise.

If the issue is evolution, I don't believe that is the high hurdle for many religious folks that many make it out to be. I feel it's just as likely to confirm some scriptual and apocryphal writings.

well BH, you nailed it again.... with a similar stance I have to agree. too bad we'd  have to skirt the rules for that discussion, but would be an excellent one for the PMP section.

I think its safe to say however, that it is interesting ...... of all things ,   to use one topic they tend to dismiss as a reason to ignore another topic they tend to dismiss.

Edited by Doc Holliday

My guess is that if the Fed govt tomorrow called a news conference and announced that BF's exist, probably the majority of people would still not believe them.

Who would they not believe the govt or the fact that Sasquatch are a reality or both...lol

Bonehead Said: Interesting. Coonbo made a similar statement in the "New Government Coverup Story" thread. It seems many experienced field researchers eventually reach a similar conclusion, although not all who do will actually come out and say it.

I think your right and I think many will not go there because they want badly to retain a degree of relevance or popularity on the Sasquatch circles. Im not directing that at any one individual and I think for the most part we know who they are and certainly I do not think Tim is one of these individuals, I think we/I many times use scientific vernacular to describe things that can easily be super or para normal in nature. Or use the term quantum in place of spiritual and its really semantics because it is what it is at the end of the day. I am seeing more and more folks who have always been on the natural explanation side of things coming around to an more and more open mind about these things which also shows a coalescing if you will as we near the time when the real reveal happens.

Any ideas Bonehead why our friend dbdonalin ( i think I spelled that wrong) dropped off the face of the internet?

Edited by ThePhaige

Phaige,

From conversations I've had with him, I believe Mr Donlon has become very wary of encouraging others in a pursuit of a phenomenon that he believes is at best deceptive, and at worst, intentionally malicious. He has said that since he isn't sure of the true nature or intentions of the bigfoot 'problem', he is uncomfortable letting it continue to have a prominent place in his life.

I totally respect his decision, but his insights into the phenomenon are missed. Even when I disagreed with him on some point, he always made me think. I also appreciate that he readily admits that he doesn't have any definitive answers, just reasoned theories to share.

The "giant ape" paradigm is crumbling, and that terrifies many of the old-school scientific materialists who refuse to see anything but a gigantopithecus or other "living fossil". Some other bigfooters are too comfortable in "mainstream" bigfootery to risk being bumped to the the fringes by admitting that they are aware of the dreaded "woo" factor.

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

Ahh yeah I can totally appreciate that. I had a feeling it was something along those lines and I also enjoyed my discussions with him even though we also disagree on some points. I feel we chew the meat and spit out the bones (no relation to you or pun intended). I also think there was some of that third party working him which was not a secret as he was blogging about it toward the end there....thanks for the info BH :)

SSR Team

Maybe they have been officially discovered are still being studied with regards to behavior patterns and possible threat to man before its revealed to the public that there are 8ft hairy monsters out there in the forests.

Yes, yes, yes, all day long.

Add this to $$$ and we are very close, we must be, there's no other reasonable explanation.

I don't particularly think the government, any government, really give much thought to the threats of things to its people if I'm brutally honest and I'd always side with $$$ why they do anything personally.

Hmmm just wondering actually if some of the woo factor could be introduced by government agents, i.e. researchers getting too close to good evidence, hit them with non-lethal crowd control stuff (Which IS in the inventory) draw easily dismissed symbols on the art pads they leave out, do **** that smells fakey fake, around the real thing.

It would be hard to have that equipment in deep areas ready and waiting...maybe in the areas closer to people, unless its delivered from a satellite. My experience is it comes directly from them however.  I dont doubt though there is a good amount of reverse hoaxing and the like though...smear campaigns and other general malfeasance.

It would be hard to have that equipment in deep areas ready and waiting...maybe in the areas closer to people, 

Well actually, I would question if they have GPS tagged or put some form of "wire" on some of these creatures, since one of the Police officers on a bigfoot hotspot phone in, said the unspecified agency guys, told him exactly what happened when he encountered boogers, while investigating "kid thrown off bike by gorilla" report.

Either they've got some of them bugged somehow or can actually communicate with them.

Anyway, that would imply that they can track some groups at least, and may know by cellphone tracking etc, when/where research groups go, therefore allowing them to get in ahead and deploy stuff. Rob Garret had said that governmenty looking types had seemed to be following them on some occasions in advance of the destroyed camp thing.

I guess it can be argued that the abilities they can manifest could also be overcome at some point with technology and maybe those things are used in some circles, if I hadn't experienced their natural acquired and utilized technology/technics first hand I would have to wonder. I believe we are working very hard to overcome all these type abilities with tech from sound, frequency and wave devices to the things going on at Cern with the Large Hadron collider and a multitude of other things either already working or in the works. I think the whole thing is all related to frequency harnessing personally in all forms.

You guys might be interested in this book:

http://www.tricksterbook.com/

I believe the phenomenon is rife with hoaxing, and not just perpetrated by "hoaxers". As Flashman2.0 suggests, I don't doubt a certain level of "Official" shenanigans, but as ThePhaige also seems to allude to, I suspect the phenomenon itself somehow introduces questionable evidence almost as a means to negate itself.

BFF Patron

You guys might be interested in this book:

http://www.tricksterbook.com/

I believe the phenomenon is rife with hoaxing, and not just perpetrated by "hoaxers". As Flashman2.0 suggests, I don't doubt a certain level of "Official" shenanigans, but as ThePhaige also seems to allude to, I suspect the phenomenon itself somehow introduces questionable evidence almost as a means to negate itself.

Such as the single print in the middle of nowhere, no obvious signs of ingress or egress, no companion prints. 

That's a bingo!

If we're not careful this thread is going to be relegated to the backwaters of the "Paranormal and General Cryptozoology" subforum. After all, there's no telling how many good, right-thinking folks we've already scared off with our crazy talk. :D

Edited by Bonehead74