Eyeglow Encounters

LOL I just knew you would be bold enough to go there. There are some different/freaky things about BF I agree, but I can only frame the phenomenon within some realm of already tested science..and this article points one way: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/090518213952.htm

What other being then? BF aliens is as good a theory as any actually, with as little as we seem to know. But, one then has no hope of all at persuading any employed professional to take a look....so it it just can't be. That's it. It must be of this earth and within our ability to imagine evolution...just saying....?

Convergent evolution. The environmental pressures and evolutional pressures that created humans in the Old World created a similar creature in the New World. Other evidence comes from observations in the hand of BFs. Observations and 4 hand casts show that BFs seem have a pseudo-opposable thumb. All Old World primates have opposable thumbs except the very primative primates like lemurs. All New World primates have pseudo-opposable thumbs except spider monkeys which have no thumb at all.

AH yeah you got me LOL interesting article too!

Edited by OHZoologist

Convergent evolution. The evironmental pressures and evolutional pressures that created humans in the Old World created a similar creature in the New World. Other evidence comes from obsevations in the hand of BFs. Observations and 4 hand casts show that BFs seem have a pseudo-opposable thumbs. All Old World primates have opposable thumbs except the very primative primates like lemurs. All New World primates have pseudo-opposable thumbs except spider monkeys which have no thumb at all.

AH yeah you got me LOL interesting article too!

Well, it is an eloquent solution in many ways, a third line, a new genus would that be?, and the fossil record overlooked or here (or in such remote/mts, etc) is that what you suggest? And then we assume BFs dispersed into Asia at some later date? Why not. So, DNA can answer that maybe, that might be tricky, they can argue about taxonomy b/c we don't understand all gene expression and no known fossil/body, so it will it trace right back via molecular clock to some 2 million, or 1 million, or less (how about 15000?!) ybp..? But, it is also a difficult hurdle, when the fossil record does seem rich in the old world and BFs do seem to fit many descriptions of either relict apes and/or human fossils. But, we dpn't have DNA for those or really know much about soft tissues? So, yeah.. I am no anthropologist....why not, someone will tell me? But, I am bailing on this for now b/c I don't want to lose the compactness of eye shine descriptions...too late LOL

Edited by apehuman

I'm pretty new to the BF world, so sorry if I step on any toes. That is not my intention.

I believe they are a type of ape of some sort. A very intelligent ape. From an evolutionary standpoint, if they do have a tapetum lucidum, then they probably branched off of our tree long, long ago. However, it could be something else entirely. What if their RPE (a layer of pigmented cells in the retina that all primates and pretty much all animals have) was just very unique by enabling that layer to act like a tapetum lucidum. If something like this were the case, then that would be a smaller evolutionary step to take. Meaning a modified layer of tissue would be quicker to get to that having a different layer of tissue entirely. Obviously, there is no way to know without examining it.

I am a Christian, so I'm not sure about how much evolution God used. Once again, I'm pretty new to the BF world and am still forming opinions.

I hope somebody can come up with a "logical explanation", (as the skeptics like to say).

Once you've seen the glow, you really need one.

Snowman No problem, your additions here welcome and thoughtful.

Although I think we stay away from religion (? just as a friendly advance ? not sure actually!) the forum rules might be more specific.

I love what you wrote about a small evolutionary step, that kind of information to me seems relevant. I also wonder if bio-chemical genetic changes might be "smaller steps" in that the witness of OhZoo might be explained as something bio-chemical going on in the white area...whatever tissue that is?

Well, it could be a long step over time too, no reason that one has to be small, as it would be unique and perhaps hidden from our understanding of even existing fossil species?

Sasfooty, I agree!

Edited by apehuman

Well, typical the random poster with the nice analysis has disappeared from youtube.

But, Scott Carpenter has some interesting stuff as do several, BFRO youtubes included, and independents Enough to make some overall "endorsement" of this phenomenon... And, in concert, they seem to display fairly well the same phenomenon I have captured on video and witnessed (giving for extrapolations, like distance, color, and no IR mode for my eyes) Many people look at this as science fiction, even among BFers....but, it isn't. The phenomenon is witnessed by too many. Come forth brave editor!

and I see also on many of these video really basic creepy comments, and probably why random guy disappears, not steadied to the naysayers

Edited by apehuman

I hope somebody can come up with a "logical explanation", (as the skeptics like to say).

Once you've seen the glow, you really need one.

That's all I'm looking for. Saw, what I saw. So did another, that was with me (as my sanity check).. The End. Comments about Capt Kirk in a gillie suit, or how this is impossible to happen in nature, are now.... illogical.

There's nothing logical about Bigfoot with laser eyes to begin with.

smart-cats-pics-0113_zps858dfe1d.jpg

As good an explanation as any I spose

Edited by ScottG

As a biologist I fully agree with you. Unfortunately I have experienced it. And others have too. I can't blame you because I would think the same thing if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

Then scientifically, how would you explain it?

Read my first comment about line of sight. Starlight will not cause eye shine.

How do you 'know' it can't? I've driven past deer standing in a field at night and have seen their eye-shine when they are clearly off to the side of the vehicle and not in front of it. Starlight is a more rational, scientific explanation than 'eye glow'.

BFF Patron

That's all I'm looking for. Saw, what I saw. So did another, that was with me (as my sanity check).. The End. Comments about Capt Kirk in a gillie suit, or how this is impossible to happen in nature, are now.... illogical.

You have precognition don't you..... :keeporder:

Seriously, for those having witnessed the phenomenon the idea for a thread such as this is great.

Guess what though.......the format of this forum will not allow us to take it from there AH, I'll try to do an email list as

far as people wish to go with this documentation. If I can't finish the work, I'll request to pass it on.

I will no longer do an open thread discussion of my experiences in this matter because I'm beyond the if and why....but would be available to consult with those having a specific interest. Those interested PM me with your interest and your desires. If you are flying anonymous send me an anonymous email. I will have limited time this winter to engage though. Maybe a co-editor arrangement would be best.

Edited by bipedalist

You have precognition don't you..... :keeporder:

Seriously, for those having witnessed the phenomenon the idea for a thread such as this is great.

Guess what though.......the format of this forum will not allow us to take it from there AH, I'll try to do an email list as

far as people wish to go with this documentation. If I can't finish the work, I'll request to pass it on.

I will no longer do an open thread discussion of my experiences in this matter because I'm beyond the if and why....but would be available to consult with those having a specific interest. Those interested PM me with your interest and your desires. If you are flying anonymous send me an anonymous email. I will have limited time this winter to engage though. Maybe a co-editor arrangement would be best.

Well, anything you desire I will supply if I have. I agree the whys not so important now as cataloging to some degree the phenomenon and give us some support and hopefully illuminate something in the process.

Then scientifically, how would you explain it?

How do you 'know' it can't? I've driven past deer standing in a field at night and have seen their eye-shine when they are clearly off to the side of the vehicle and not in front of it. Starlight is a more rational, scientific explanation than 'eye glow'.

I can't scientifically explain it. Without actually disecting the eye of a BF we never will. I am open to any interpretation or hypothesis though. I just know what I saw. It was the whites of the eyes that were putting out light. I could clearly see dark pupils within the glowing eyes. It was only 20 feet from me.

Well I see eye shine all the time with my cats. I have never seen their eye shine except when they are down my driveway and I turn on the porch light and they look at me. I am always out there in the dark at night and they are always walking around with me. Many many star light nights and full moons and I have never seen their eye shine then. If you think about how eye shine works then it has to be with in a limit of a line of sight. I don't know what that limit is, I have looked and looked online but can find no mention of it. I just know what I have experienced with my cats. Right now I have 8 inches of snow on the ground and the cats won't leave my garage. When it melts and the cats start going down the driveway again, I will conduct some experiments to determine at what angle the eye shine dissappears at. When you see the deer, were there any lights opposite you on the other side of the road?

Maybe bipedalist a form...born of what you know might be related or significant, which we can get witnesses to fill in blanks, and then force their description into more shared objective terms which can more easily be compared..say moon phase to time to distance..whatever? or the words : glow vs shine..etc...somehow devise a system that allows one to report like: brightness of "blah", whatever seems to make sense as parameters based on the witnesses coming in with descriptions? It might be a start just so we don't misunderstand witnesses by words without clear definition? Does that make sense and if so, what would be good parameters/definitions...any corollary in other biology...? With that type form perhaps it is a thread that could grow by itself over time almost unattended?

Edited by apehuman