Eyeglow Encounters

Sasfooty, until I witnessed this for myself (eyeshine) I had nothing to compare it to. There is no precedent for this in any primate I know of. So my inability to "believe it before seeing it" is not because I am just being a difficult person.. LOL. Lets not forget - I am not a witness - I also did not see what was attached to the eyeshine. You on the other hand have been witness to many things I can not even claim to have been close to experiencing. If I have not experienced these things - how can I possibly understand them? Honestly, I think it would be insulting to those who have experienced these things - for me to pretend to understand something I can't possibly understand unless I have experienced it for myself.

I approach these things by first trying to rule out every other possibility that could be an explanation that we know about that happens in nature.

We are both describing something similar. You feel it is related to the Bigfoot itself. I have no evidence of that. If I were going to speculate I would first have to ask myself, "Self, why would Bigfoot create these strange lights when in a specific area?" It's not for lighting the area - because by all reports they can see quite well at night. So, what would be the reason. Nothing happens without a reason. I do not see a benefit or purpose. In fact I would think this would be a hindrance to their trying to remain elusive. If all we have to do is look for lights - then the jig is up so to speak.

These earth lights or "earthquake lights" can be seen miles from where a fault line exists. So. Is there increased magnetism in the area? Could this be used for purposes of travel or migration as other animals use the earths magnetic pull for migration (birds).. I simply do not know. But, there does seem to be something going on between these two mysteries.

I am not trying to be intentionally difficult or mean - I am only trying to tell you how I approach things. My way is no better or worse - just not like yours.

If you aren't careful, you're likely to experience telepathy next.

Haven't I already been through enough? ;)

Edited by Melissa

Guest toejam

And therein lies the disconnect. Why would a biological being, running thru a woods, create odd light annomolies? What is the rational basis for it?

So squirrels? Do rabbits? Do <fill in the blank> do this? There is no basis in nature to believe a likely primate would do so either, so why connect the two? The likely answer is that this is other phenomenon at work that creates "lights in the forest", rather than undocumented animals.

There's alot of strangeness that surrounds this species. When dealing with this species, an open mind is a MUST if you plan on progressing with your knowledge and understanding.

I've witnessed it myself and heard of many others that have witnessed the same.

These lights in the forest are consistently related to sasquatch activity.

well, by creating some objective charts color, size, type etc,,,,and comparing to what the witness also knew at time (BF activity or not) we may find we are dealing with more than one phenomenon...I do find it curious Morehead also reported "orbs"...for me to discuss Orbs I want to know size, luminosity, translucency, travel pattern, etc.... (in contrast to those of us that saw glowing eyes or obvious indication BF or some being not known commonly)

and so the idea to first develop some system for us to report to..that sorts some things we can?

Yes, I tend to go nuts and bolts when confronted with a problem.

It seems to work, as one has failures or successes it often points in other directions, but it beats waking up each day wondering.

Ok, I have to go back to the personal effort (which is at this eyeshine stuff) and finish it so I can drop in total to the discussion group, it will be a few days.

Thanks others for posting their eye-shine witness here and as you can see, no real limit on it, let it out!

Edited by apehuman

If you aren't careful, you're likely to experience telepathy next

That's ALL I freakin' need. It's BAD ENOUGH having ONE person in my head. Now TWO {or more}???!!!

;)

Guest VioletX

Here are some different possibilities:

What if orbs and mysterious lights have as much to do with the witness as they could to BF or natural phenomena?

Maybe BF are drawn to be in an area that has them, maybe there is something naturally occurring that is in an ideal eco-system for BF and other living creatures?

If you want to play with the idea of it being a mysterious psychic thing, than how do we know it is not the human that is tuning into this, what if people with multiple sightings are or have become seer's or expanded or somehow opened their third eye or something?

I do not know what any of it means, but having seen an orb I have to be open to different possibilities.

Melissa, I don't particularly think you're trying to be difficult or mean, I'm just trying to understand why you are so reluctant to accept what you have seen. You mentioned that you "hate to admit it" & "reluctantly had to admit" things that you have experienced. Why reluctant? I don't understand why you wouldn't be happy to see what a very limited number of people are fortunate enough to ever see & "know".

Experiencing it for yourself doesn't let you understand it, but you don't need to understand it to know that it happened. I don't understand it either. I have theories, but they are subject to change instantly, & many already have several times. (So they aren't worth much, if anything, but are necessary to help retain sanity)

I would first have to ask myself, "Self, why would Bigfoot create these strange lights when in a specific area?" It's not for lighting the area - because by all reports they can see quite well at night. So, what would be the reason. Nothing happens without a reason. I do not see a benefit or purpose. In fact I would think this would be a hindrance to their trying to remain elusive. If all we have to do is look for lights - then the jig is up so to speak.

I don't think they purposely create all the lights. Especially the tiny sparks. I have one of those possibly worthless theories about them, but, as for the ones that they do purposely create, they appear to be for the benefit of the person or people that see them. They obviously want our attention for whatever their reasons are. Otherwise, why would they come to our homes or campsites, stand around making various noises & flashing lights, when they have plenty of other places that they could be, where we would never see them?

These earth lights or "earthquake lights" can be seen miles from where a fault line exists. So. Is there increased magnetism in the area?

How do we know they're earthquake lights if they're miles from where a fault line is? I'm thinking "Bigfoot Lights" here. :laugh:

Melissa, I don't particularly think you're trying to be difficult or mean, I'm just trying to understand why you are so reluctant to accept what you have seen. You mentioned that you "hate to admit it" & "reluctantly had to admit" things that you have experienced. Why reluctant? I don't understand why you wouldn't be happy to see what a very limited number of people are fortunate enough to ever see & "know".

Thank you Sasfooty.. I did not want you to mistake my comments for me being disrespectful of your opinions. I am not. While we disagree - I think that's okay. Maybe we will come to some answers somewhere in between. :)

I had to eat crow - but I did it just as publicly - as I said it was not possible for any animal to have eye shine as described... It's never easy to admit when you're wrong - but I told people I would admit it if I ever seen it myself. I have no choice but to accept what I seen, but what I seen and what this is - I do not know yet. I am still trying to figure it out. I seen something that is NOT supposed to occur in nature. That is very difficult to deal with initially. I am not ashamed to admit that. To be extremely honest with you now, I can't believe I am even talking about it here. I can't make sense of it - so I am trying to figure it out.

Experiencing it for yourself doesn't let you understand it, but you don't need to understand it to know that it happened. I don't understand it either. I have theories, but they are subject to change instantly, & many already have several times. (So they aren't worth much, if anything, but are necessary to help retain sanity)

I appreciate this way of thinking - problem being that isn't how my brain works. I must have answers. It's a problem I know - LOL... Things must make sense to me. That could be why I enjoy my given profession. Everything has an answer - I just have to find it. If I don't find the answer right away - I keep looking until I do. That is just how my brain works. I know what happened - whether anyone wants to believe it or not. I know it - I seen it. Now, I just want to know how its possible...

I don't think they purposely create all the lights. Especially the tiny sparks. I have one of those possibly worthless theories about them, but, as for the ones that they do purposely create, they appear to be for the benefit of the person or people that see them. They obviously want our attention for whatever their reasons are. Otherwise, why would they come to our homes or campsites, stand around making various noises & flashing lights, when they have plenty of other places that they could be, where we would never see them?

I am not sure how making these types of lights would be beneficial.. I would think it would draw attention to them - thus making them more obvious than an animal that wants to remain elusive - wants to be.. I could be wrong but I don't see how the benefit could outweigh the risk. I'm not saying your wrong - I just don't know that I agree. But, it's an interesting conversation so far - overall.

When dealing with this species, an open mind is a MUST if you plan on progressing with your knowledge and understanding.

Thanks for the advise. I have an open mind. I've also been around these creatures consistantly since 2006. I've seen one and have experienced other first hand events related to them. No. No glowing eyes. A family I've delt with who's seen them since the 1970's, day and night time both, have never experienced this even once. They even thought I was joking when I asked them if they've ever experienced this "thing" because *others out there claim it's happened*. So, for me, being open minded also requires objectivity, and not subjectivity. For instance, you said here in this thread:

I've witnessed it myself and heard of many others that have witnessed the same.

Unless I just never got it in those other threads you had started, I've never heard you state that you've actually ever seen a "bigfoot" it'self. You've said you've seen eyeshine/eyeglow or what ever... but are you just assuming it was a bigfoot's eyes you saw glowing? Specificially: did you see the head and body of the creature to whom the alleged glowing eyes belonged? Or did you associate that it 'must be' a bigfoot because of your pre-bias to believe it had to be?

These lights in the forest are consistently related to sasquatch activity.

So again, realistically speaking, this can only be concluded as an assumpiton, as there is no basis in *fact* that they do.

So...you've "seen one" & know another family that sees them, & neither of you have ever witnessed the eyeshine/glow. Therefore, the 6 or 7 people here who have stated that they have seen it & know others who have, must be mistaken.

Got it.

It's probably NOT an assumption, but likely the majority of those who've seen one has not seen this supposed attribute: not just "me and a family I know"... So then YOU dismiss THEM? Your logic seems to imply since 6 or 7 of YOU HERE have, it has to be true. <?> If it were a 'majority consensus', you'd likely be in a minority. Sorry, but it's that simple.

Either way, it's still purely a claim without evidence to back it up. It's not semantics: it's reality.

Got it?

Yeah, I do.

Edited by GuyInIndiana

I'm definitely in a minority, anyway, (notice my quote from Mark Twain).

The majority of times I've seen them there was no shine or glow either, but that doesn't negate the three times that I did positively see it.

Your claim of seeing one is the same as everybody else's: "purely a claim without evidence to back it up." Hey! You may have just seen a mangy old bear, & that's why there was no eyeshine.

BFF Patron

I guess the appropriate thing to ask someone seeing Sasquatch at night and not seeing eyeglow or shine in a sighting would be did it look at you? If so did you shine lights at it's face if it did? Was there any form of artificial light between you and the BF or behind you when the BF faced you? Sketching out for the interview form I guess. Yeah, check box for mangy bears is the fall-back in many cases. :music:

Sasfooty said:

The majority of times I've seen them there was no shine or glow either, but that doesn't negate the three times that I did positively see it.

And there is the rub. Personally I know it happened - and because of that I can't deny it. I have been in the woods now over 7 years - and this was the first time (and only time so far.) We tried all kinds of experiments with different lights that night in the same location. Small hand held flashlights, head lamps with the red coloring - everything.. No dice. I know it was not my eyes - as I had just picked up new glasses about 2 days before we went on the expedition.

That is also something interesting. If you wear glasses then you know about the "halo" effect you can get at night when your glasses are smudged or dirty and you look at light of any kind.. I did not see that at all with this "eye shine" - BUT I did get the "halo" effect from the light lure.

Personally, I think if we are going to have any chance of figuring this out - maybe we could go with the "assumption" that it does happen. There are many of us that know it does in fact happen. So, then we can bypass everything else and simply discuss the issue at hand - how and why.

In my case I did not see the being with the glowing eyes. It was total darkness. It could not be an animal as the eyes were too far apart. No elk or bears here. Also where the eyes were, this creature had to be huge, twice my size. After I saw the eyes I started leaving fruit for it and after awhile it started taking the fruit. By the way it unzipped a banana, it could not be a raccoon or opossum or anything. It also left me a huge footprint.

You have to make a distinction between eye glow and eye shine. Too different things. Eye shine has to have an external source of light. Eye glow there is no external source of light at all. Also in eye shine it is the pupils that glow. In eye glow it is the "whites" of the eyes that glow. You can see dark pupils in the glowing eyes.

As to the flashing lights I have seen. I don't know what to make of that at all. But I do know they seem to be directed at me. Both the lights and the BF encounters started the same year. I said earlier that it was 2005 but upon reading my journal, it was 2006.

Edited by OHZoologist

Hello OHZoologist,

You have to make a distinction between eye glow and eye shine. Too different things. Eye shine has to have an external source of light. Eye glow there is no external source of light at all. Also in eye shine it is the pupils that glow. In eye glow it is the "whites" of the eyes that glow. You can see dark pupils in the glowing eyes.

There was a light source between the eye shine and myself. It was a light lure. But, I agree. Personally (and I would love to hear from others) this did not look like typical animal eye shine to me. When I look at, say a deer caught in headlights, the light seems to extend from the eyes -- maybe its my glasses, but its almost reflective in deer and other animals. This was not reflective at all, and that I still find very strange. Do I think this animal can cause it's eyes to "shine" or "glow" - no I don't.. But I also do not have an explanation.