Eyeglow Encounters

A friend told me that he has seen them standing less than 20 feet from him in his yard & do the bright eye flashing thing. He said they can definitely turn it on & off.

I haven't seen that, at least not close, but I believe him.

Sasfooty the flashes I am refering to here are not from the eyes. This is a bright flash. It literally lights up my living room enough that I can see my shadow on the wall. The flashes are coming from about 275-300 feet away. I find it hard to believe they are related to BF even though the flashes and the BF sightings both started the same year. The flashes are coming from some thick brush on the opposite side of the valley. There is nothing over there but brush. I went over to investigate to see if it was some type of beacon, but could find nothing. The brush was so thick I had to crawl on my hands and knees to get to the spot.

There are all kinds of lights related to having them around. Some of the talk about this subject would best be done by email, I think.

Here's a pic of a light that was floating toward me from the area behind my house where they stay during the day. It was after sunset & could not have been a reflection.

BallofLight2.jpg

My little bro saw amber colored eyes. I saw bluish silver (several sets and definitely not owls) as I scanned an area around a friend's house at night.

Thanks, and I agree PM is great for moving forward somehow organizing...but it is that reticence..or opposing belief systems, that keep us from being more open.

I do think it is possible to inspect these witnesses and/or media without sinking into the whys (although as you can see I do want some model that works or is rational ) to potentially explain with know science (well, sans BFs are real!)...but, if one is thinking UFOs or Angles I am OK with that..as I am wanting to inspect the witness, not the conclusions...make sense?

I have seen theories floated the color is changeable ..not my experience but maybe witness of that are there. The flash I find really intriguing b/c it last under 1 second..so if you aren't watching you miss it, even re-viewing video...etc...

So, I do resist making another secret- like minded conversation...I have those, I am wanting really to break this out..and the number of us helps!

But, Meliisa, myself and Bipedalist (and Madison re: habituating) have all shown interest somehow to take to the next level and that planning yes, is best served in emails....but also here..as one thing we discussed is creating a color chart, and size chart, and type chart...so one can simply choose the best match (reducing our reliance on adjectives that mean different things to different people) also we discussed re-creating by various means, and with various cameras/lights....these witnesses and see if we can then classify visually as well? any ideas ? Anyone want to take one piece of that and create?

To read others with close witness also have seen the "flash" is encouraging. I have not seen "orbs" as Sasfooty shows, but I have read Ron Moorehed and others did, that's back in the 70's!

Wow....so yeah PM is cool, on the other hand, well what we saw is what we saw...and I think the numbers of us says something, publicly, even if in a little forum where we are afraid also! LOL what a world eh?

Edited by apehuman

BFF Patron

I'd suggest starting with a PM conversation with multiple added members to it exchanging what email addies you feel comfortable with. Feel free to include me in the conversation/PM. I think it is wise to keep emails off the general forum threads due to spamming bots and the like.

My little bro saw amber colored eyes. I saw bluish silver (several sets and definitely not owls) as I scanned an area around a friend's house at night.

you are the first to match my blue eyes here I think... we might see more amber and fewer green/blue....b/c the dominate color for us is brown..which might appear amber if there is actually strong reflected light (or bio-chemical).....

I'd suggest starting with a PM conversation with multiple added members to it exchanging what email addies you feel comfortable with. Feel free to include me in the conversation/PM. I think it is wise to keep emails off the general forum threads due to spamming bots and the like.

yeah, I don't know the ins and outs of all the social media...but that sounds appropriate, I will have to learn

Facebook might be a decent choice as it does keep good track of conversations and also allows some privacy?

Edited by apehuman

BFF Patron

The private messenger (PM) function here on BFF could be used here to make the initial contacts and people added to the conversation (doesn't have to be social media); then from there if people on social media felt so-inclined they could start an eyeshine/eyeglow group that could be private or secret if so desired. I'm not sure any topsecret data is involved though, lol. Most people that have experienced this have not had more than a few opportunities unless I've missed some ubiquity factor over the years.

I'm sure there are those that have other ideas but it really has to move from a small step up. I'm bipedalistonthebff on fb I can provide emails from there or the PM conversation either one. The groups on fb have some limitations and I couldn't begin to cover that territory.

AH, I would love to talk about all of it openly, but I've never seen anything good come of even cautious openness. All it does is lead to ridicule & eventual fighting & warning level raises.

Here is a pic of some of the flashes I see when the BFs are around.

flashes_zps5c1c8105.jpg

Edited by Sasfooty

The private messenger (PM) function here on BFF could be used here to make the initial contacts and people added to the conversation (doesn't have to be social media); then from there if people on social media felt so-inclined they could start an eyeshine/eyeglow group that could be private or secret if so desired. I'm not sure any topsecret data is involved though, lol. Most people that have experienced this have not had more than a few opportunities unless I've missed some ubiquity factor over the years.

I'm sure there are those that have other ideas but it really has to move from a small step up. I'm bipedalistonthebff on fb I can provide emails from there or the PM conversation either one. The groups on fb have some limitations and I couldn't begin to cover that territory.

Sounds good to me and yes incremental is best, as I am unable to lead this or do it all, but can contribute some as most here can. So, I will PM you and also go to the FB page, I am Maxwell David there and it is a penname. Thanks for your long trodden path in BFdom and wisdom.'

Sasfooty, my immediate reaction, and not necessarily correct, is that your exposure time on the video film is such that even the slightest movement of the lens creates a trailing effect and other artifacts.

I say that primarily b/c of the number of flashes and also a few other location oddities which are not clear to me (The most interesting the group in right bottom 1/4 view).I can show you many demonstrated video (especially digital) artifacts that appear as orbs, or "flying rods."

THAT SAID, all that doesn't matter if what you have photographed here MATCHES your personal real time witness...then we have something to go further. There is not enough info in any of our videos or photos (that I have seen) to really tell us much or solely rely on....we have to piece them together IMO - and be aware of the weaknesses, address them as best we can... alone mine too dark except for the eyeshine, others using IR source or flashlights, etc.....but combined they may shore up each other's weaknesses...so anyone with media (and yours above) should be part of the discussion.group!

ALSO, that was my first impression and I can't find my glasses this am, and I am already in trouble for other duties while I type here! But, please don't take my immediate reaction as naysayer, but it is the type of conversation I suppose we shall all have in this group to reach consensus?

Or, alternatively an editor just takes what we say, checks the box, yeah the person seems credible, I saw affidavit and true identity or something? and here are twelve witnesses collected together...? and the editor then postulates some reason for sharing this info!

As a scientist I have a hard time understanding this glowing eye bit and would just say the person is misinterpreting what they see. However I have seen them myself and I am a trained observer. But now to think they are somehow producing these flashes of light is a little hard for me to accept. Yet I can come up with no explanation of these flashes and I have talked with scientists in other fields to seek an explanation and got nothing. This light is one of the most confounding phenomena I have ever experienced. Yet I know this flash of light is directed to me, it seems to be aimed right at my house. I have only seen it from my picture window and right outside next to where my window is. I have tried to see it from other locations without any luck. But I never know when it is going to flash. Sometimes it just flashes once and other times three times an evening. The first time I saw it, it flashed for hours about a minute apart.

I am willing to get together on some other medium to discuss this.

AH, that's what I thought about the trailing effect at first, but then I realized that if I had moved the camera, the trails should have all been pointing in the same direction. In this pic, there are some going straight up, some going horizontal, some going at an angle, & a couple not moving at all. I don't think that can be dismissed as camera movement. I also have some taken in the daytime that had no flash from the camera involved.

Ok, bipedalist your BFF inbox is ful! But I did request a friendship and posted on your FB page thanks for that willingness to collect us together. I hope anyone with a personal witness (media or not) of what they believe is BF eye shine (or flashes, or whatever light unexplained that points to BFs) also so friends you, I don't know how to start the BFF group email without being able to email you! MY bad I am sure.

Sasfooty, then in these media the next question is, have you personally witnessed these flashes, in this number, yourself? If so, those accounts then can be viewed in contrast with the media more effectively?

So, yeah! And I see the Habituating thread is already like six months ole...so time just flies by b/c we are all busy and I am prepared for this to take time, and hopefully grow as a community effort.

Sasfooty, then in these media the next question is, have you personally witnessed these flashes, in this number, yourself? If so, those accounts then can be viewed in contrast with the media more effectively?

Yes, I have seen large numbers of the little sparks of light at night with no other light for them to be reflecting. I have seen the "artificial fireflies", large floating orange, red, yellow, & white orbs of light, moving along just above the treetops. One night I "unexpectedly" looked out the window to see a large white ball of light floating about 20 feet from the window. As soon as I saw it, it went shooting off out of sight through the woods, leaving a short trail of light behind it as it moved.

I have also seen a red light sitting out in the field that changed to yellow, then to green, then back to red in a few seconds. I have video from a security camera of a white light flashing on and off behind the house. I think some of these could have been eyes, but have no way of knowing for sure.

Another night, I was looking out towards the woods, listening to the BFs & saw a blue glow kind of flashing, that looked like somebody welding out there. It only lasted a few seconds, & there was no obvious source of the glow.

BFF Patron

Ok, bipedalist your BFF inbox is ful! But I did request a friendship and posted on your FB page thanks for that willingness to collect us together. I hope anyone with a personal witness (media or not) of what they believe is BF eye shine (or flashes, or whatever light unexplained that points to BFs) also so friends you, I don't know how to start the BFF group email without being able to email you! MY bad I am sure.

So, yeah! And I see the Habituating thread is already like six months ole...so time just flies by b/c we are all busy and I am prepared for this to take time, and hopefully grow as a community effort.

Must be a tech glitch....resend. Says I got 68% of my quota full only. I'll try to start a semblance of what I think could work.